Skip to content

Change kit - no change?

Given we were playing Aldershot in the yellow and orange change kit yesterday it seems a pretty safe assumption to make that we'll be wearing it for the third season running.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I remember reading when it was launched in July 2013 that it was only designed for two years' use (isn't there something in the Trust constitution to this effect?)

In which case, what's happened? Have Kukri just given up designing new kits for us, along with supplying replicas in decent time and sizes? Or has the club taken the admirable decision that, in these straightened financial times, it doesn't want to put a further strain on fans by launching new shirts they may find themselves duty-bound to buy?

Personally, I've always hated this kit and was looking forward to watching the team play in something less... luminous this year. Appreciate it divides opinion though!

Comments

• As the Kukri deal is one of the last 'legacy contracts' from the Hayes 'no conflict of interest' regime that owned both WWFC and Wasps, it was always likely to be far from ideal. As far as I know this expires at the end of this season. According to Howard at the last Trust meeting, although financially advantageous compared to bringing the running club shop back in-house and the contract is watertight enough to stop the supplier from pulling out, Kukri are not interested in football, which shows in the poor stock levels and availability. This means we miss out on the intangible benefits of having supporters wearing club clobber around town boosting the profile of the club, which in the post Wasps era when we're fighting to re-establish our status and presence in the consciousness of the public in Wycombe District and South Bucks is no small matter.

• Interesting stuff, thanks both. I must say, of the five kits Kukri have designed for us (excluding keepers) I've only liked one - the home kit 2013/4.

Bring back Vandanel!

• The real shocker was the lack of merchandise available around the playoff final. I appreciate that manufacturers can't just turn around and whip up stuff in a couple of days, given that we didn't actually know till a fairly advanced stage that we were going to Wembley.

Nonetheless arguably Kukri could just have knocked up some stuff early in anticipation of the new season, which they would have had to do anyway. I thought their first kit was pretty good, but the squares within the quarters was a pretty ugly effort.

• I actually like the orange/yellow kit. Didn't at 1st but grew on me and I feel it is unique.
    I have to say the quality of the Kukri clothing, hoodies, gillet etc have been top notch and encouraged me to part with more that I would normally have. All the clothing has kept it's shape and colour very well. Best I stock up before we say goodbye then.
    Stock levels have been a major issue I agree.

• The new training wear looks smart this season.

• What about this white goalkeeping kit? Wonder what the keepers think

• The new keeper kits really do look like none could be bothered to come up with anything. Why not leave them as they were?

• BSEBSE
    edited August 2015

looks to me like they have given Matt one of the away kits 06/07 season.

• Whatever you say about Kukri - they've produced the best quality kit I think we've ever had.

• shame you can't buy one eh?