Skip to content

How you can help WWFC in the next week or so

2»

Comments

• We're you once a greengrocer Dev!

• A very patronising one.

• edited October 2018

@Wendoverman, you must have learnt by now our friend purposely takes the "Other" angle in seemingly every discussion. Don't engage it.

What was interesting was the opening post saying the club don't seem to have the resources to advertise one of their own games.

That sounds fairly worrying, and I can see why @Blue_since_1990 might well ask why isn't our well paid marketing manager doing so?

• Just a general suggestion, Wendover. you have become a little "pearist" recently in my view. be a shame if you continued down that road.

• I'd love to see a Marketing/promotional Group put together by the Trust or Council.

Talked about it before but never got off the ground.

• Stoolboys! Barmy Army!

• edited October 2018

That's a coincidence as I have a general suggestion for you Devonshire

• as i was saying about witless.

• This “social media” thread would have been a perfectly civil thing if you hadn’t posted your usual dismal contrarian post Dev. I’m starting to suspect that you only take this position to annoy people enought that you can then post your usual high and mighty “social media is shit” post.

Anyway, yes please to Andy standing for election to the board. And anyone who uses Facebook events should be aware that if you ever forward a Facebook event email to someone else, that person can then log in to your Facebook. Never forward emails from Facebook.

• "starting" to suspect?

Where have you been??!!

• It's like Dr Congo has only just discovered said poster!

• Hey, come on people! Alan Cecil’s Facebook link to the Rochdale game near the beginning of this thread has only got 23 shares. It doesn’t cost anything to help the club in this way so can we please get some more Facebook shares a.s.a.p. Thx.

• I would if I had a Facebook account and didn’t blacklist every Facebook tracking domain so that they can’t build a shadow profile without my consent.

• At what point is it made known who actually is standing at the upcoming election, out of interest?

• edited October 2018

@Shev said:
    At what point is it made known who actually is standing at the upcoming election, out of interest?

You may be on the wrong thread here, but am happy to respond.
    Nominations for the Trust Board have to be with the Secretary (David Smith) by Saturday 3rd November. We will publish the names and biographies of candidates soon after.

• Do you have to have been a Trust member for a minimum number of years before seeking election Alan, and if so how long? Thank you.

• @mooneyman said:
    Do you have to have been a Trust member for a minimum number of years before seeking election Alan, and if so how long? Thank you.

I can see no minimum term of membership in the Trust Rules for anyone seeking to stand for election.

It might be considered strange by some however for someone who has not, to date, supported the work of the Trust to seek to become one of its directors.(personal view)

• @AlanCecil said:

@Shev said:
    At what point is it made known who actually is standing at the upcoming election, out of interest?

You may be on the wrong thread here, but am happy to respond.
    Nominations for the Trust Board have to be with the Secretary (David Smith) by Saturday 3rd November. We will publish the names and biographies of candidates soon after.

Thank you for the response! I will keep it to the Trust thread in future, thanks @AlanCecil!

• I just shared it...and have the day off so I will actually physically be there rather than just on a spreadsheet!