Skip to content

Lester sacked

Comments

• Oh, oh! The dreaded new manager syndrome on Saturday then.

• One reply to the announcement on Twitter -

Jonno Morris@jonno_14
    13 minutes ago
    Replying to @ChesterfieldFC
    How much lower is Allen and Carson going to take us, clubs reputation is rightly in the gutter. I hope we all give the players, staff & officials nothing but the abuse they deserve for 90 mins on Saturday.

• On their message boards they are talking about ways to protest including a pitch invasion to cause an abandonment be a bit handy if they did and we were awarded a 3-0 win by default!!

• An abandonment would result in it being replayed I believe

• Yes it would be replayed but it would cause a problem as Chesterfield already have a game next mid week and the regular season ends Saturday week. I bet the football league wouldn’t have a clue what to do!

• If that was to happen I don't see any compelling reason not to give us the 3 points.

• I know nothing about the situation there. Why have they been so poor this season? Having been League one last year, I expected them to be strong.

• Poor old Jack. He was a decent striker, must be galling to be sacked with two games to go though!

• And a rather pathetic gesture by the ownership.

• the EFL would do what they did at Leyton Orient last year, tell them the game is abandoned and then play it once they have cleared the ground.

• Imagine us having to replay the game after the last weekend needing to win five nil.

It would be like Greece. (Not 'Grease')

• Can we send our Facebook group into the home end with specific instructions to invade the pitch and pretend they are from Chesterfield if we’re losing 5 minutes from time?

• Facebook group pretend they're from Chesterfield if we're losing? Don't be daft - they will all be chanting 'Ainsworth out' as soon as we go behind.

• How did we let the Scots get that far south?

• Won't be the same as seeing him in a smaller more intimate venue like the Woodlands Bar before a game

• That was epic Eric.

• edited April 2018

Ian Evatt is Caretaker Manager - club legend. A few players likely to be playing for their careers as well...

• I doubt it, players don't care about the club clearly they will all leave or be pushed out the door in the summer.

• Hopefully restless crowd and an early couple of chairgoals will be enough.