Skip to content

Get behind scotty

So Scott brown maybe having the confidence thing happening. So may be when he comes on tomorrow we really get behind him and get chanting his name during the game. Let's face it, he's all we have now

Comments

• I'm with you, @siissi.

• If the defence needs a confidence boost maybe we should play England

• @siissi Don't worry everyone will be.

• Welcome to the gasroom Mrs Brown.

• Team psychologists get paid a lot of money (not by us) to throw the confidence switch and that's what it is, of course skill and fitness are up there but Scott just needs that voice in his head saying this is happening right for me today and it will. Scotty is more than capable of having a great game between the sticks today my tip to him is to clench his buttocks and shout "Geronimo" into each of his gloves with all the fury he can muster in the changing room before the match, never fails.

• How about the sports psychologists using a bit of hypnosis to assist Mr Brown ?
    They could spend a session, telling Scott that every high ball that gets delivered within the 6 yard box is actually Michelle Keegan's bra.
    Surely this could help to unglue the glovesman from his line ?

• Have you been spending too long on a train with Dev?

• All of us getting behind him's a great idea but won't the match get abandoned?

• That's where the club next-leveled it this year, @arnos_grove. The ref won't see us as he will be mesmerized by Brown's shirt.

• I don't get the criticism of Brown at all. He is a perfectly capable 'keeper for our level and is certainly no worse than what most opposition teams have fielded week in week out. We have been spoiled with Ingram and then Blackman, two players who were well above our level and made up for our defensive frailties on many a game.
    Instead of pointing the finger at Brown the other 10 need to step up and defend a bit more effectively.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I don't get the criticism of Brown at all. He is a perfectly capable 'keeper for our level and is certainly no worse than what most opposition teams have fielded week in week out. We have been spoiled with Ingram and then Blackman, two players who were well above our level and made up for our defensive frailties on many a game.
    Instead of pointing the finger at Brown the other 10 need to step up and defend a bit more effectively.

This seems like the perfect moment for one of Dev's "the truth is in the middle" comments. It's true that the defence has mostly been poor this season. But it's also true that we've shipped goals as a result of Brown's refusal to come off his line and catch/punch a cross. Improvements in both areas would make the other's life a lot easier!

• Totally agree @Last_Quarter.
    Just unembellished acquiescence from Dev I would hope. Yeah, right!

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub I think it's because he had such a bad game against Notts County.

Let's hope he puts that behind him this afternoon. I'm sure everyone will support him

• I really hope you're right @eric_plant. Unless of course you are being disingenuous.

• Not at all. Why wouldn't Wycombe supporters support the Wycombe goalkeeper?

• Why would Wycombe supporters boo Paul Hayes?

That being said I'm sure nearly all of them didn't and nearly all will support Scott Brown.

• It was the "everyone" that didn't ring quite true.

• I haven't ever heard any Wycombe fans boo Paul Hayes

• Neither have I, but I've seen people on here report that they did. I'd be happier if they were wrong.

• Yes, I never heard any Hayes booing on the terrace. The odd resigned sigh when his number came up for the Lincoln game, but no booing.

Brown is the victim of the unhappy coincidence of not being as good as the previous guy with the best defender in front of him leaving the club. Mix in a horror show against County and it doesn't look good, but I'm optimistic things will settle and he'll be seen to be at least competent for this level.

• What I don't get is every Wycombe supporter I've met and I've supported the club for a bloody long time has been a genuine 100% behind the club grassroots fan different ages, genders, races, sexual orientations all good people and then I read about aholes that boo a player out of form or slag him off on Facebook or flip another the bird in the street then run crying to the club I'm baffled

• Brown looked much better wearing a proper goalkeeping kit, rather than that clown outfit that Richardson designed.

• @mooneyman agreed. I wonder if the yellow submarine will be binned from now on?

• Personally I think the pink and blue pyjamas look worse than the yellow peril. But that's like comparing Ebola and Marburg virus to be honest.

• @Manboobs = footie fashion reporter! Agree it looked better and less goals past him too

• I like both of the goalie tops surprisingly...although one has to question the fashion sense of the designer whose red top, pink shorts, black leggings combo on the bench resembled something out of a Warners Bros cartoon

• If I was forming an EMF tribute band, I'd definitely buy one.

• edited September 2017

I wondered if Brown wearing the away keeper shirt represented a rebellion against the home version until my astute companion, @TConnor, pointed out that the home one would have clashed with the FGR strip, at least from behind.