Skip to content

Match day thread: Barnet

Comments

• @arnos_grove said:
    Very, very bad day. An indefensible performance against a truly awful Barnet side. I'm afraid we're getting very close to the end game with Gareth - there doesn't seem to be any idea how to break out of the rut.

And I agree with M3G - no-one's attempting to accept that performance by having a pop at the prize prick that is Wwfc2015_ . He literally posts nothing but illiterate bile when we lose and is silent when we win. Which makes his opinion utterly irrelevant.

The only prize prick is you ...as I have said .. why should I be positive about that shower of shit???

• Very interesting reading your comments about us today. There is no doubting that we certainly do not play the beautiful game and us Bees fans get frustrated that we play the way we do.

Your comments about us being the worst side ever etc are fairly similar to what we thought after Exeter beat us last week at home 4-1... I thought they were bad but I guess you have to respect that the opposition had a way of playing and a structure that you couldn't get the better of.

• Barnet fan..win lose or draw I think we would still say that was 2 very poor sides out there today.As wwfc fans we are shocked that we lost..looked like a 0-0 draw all the way.

• Akinde made the difference for them. Simple as that.

The less said about our strike force the better

• I have this horrid feeling that this is the season we go out of the football league.

• M3G. We agree on today's game, I see Gareth is on the official site, I may watch his ramblings tomorrow, I really cannot face it today. Fortunately I cannot make next weeks trip to Donny as I am taking Mrs Fit to the O2.
    I need to find the motivation for Portsmouth away, at least I know we cannot play our second string, and the chances of me driving home in my underpants after a downpour are slim.

• I don't think this current squad is fit enough. The number of games we simply fade out of is worrying.
    The dreaded double substitution once more destroyed the team shape as well. Surely these changes are practised aren't they? It wasn't even a formation change today and we looked a mess after it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PCH's weak attempt to win a penalty by throwing himself to the ground was treated with the contempt it deserved (It was right in front of me). I wish he'd even pretended to be vaguely interested in being out there on the field today.

The 'goal' could not have been given - the whistle has been blown - albeit prematurely. We don't know what effect that had on the Bees' defence.

That 'performance' from Wycombe today was pedestrian at best. And was there a single player who didn't misplace at least one pass?

The frustration is that there are talented players there. But so far Ainsworth's ability to coax a decent team performance has been sporadic at best.

Worrying.

• I think in the Play off final season the players were buying into his tactics and way of playing, this group of players are not and I think were in big trouble as we can't score goals barring a game against Crewe when they completely fell apart.

• With two wide players today and the likes of Cowan-Hall & Weston in the team again, I wonder how much of a negative effect the pitch-narrowing will have? I thought it benefited Barnet's tactics today.

• Couple of points. Agree it wasn't a good day for Cowan-Hall, but I thought it was a good shout for a penalty in the 2nd half, probably the fact he was looking for it counted against him, but I thought the defender clearly tripped him, it certainly wasn't shoulder to shoulder as I assume the ref thought. Also, regarding the disallowed goal, yes once he's blown his whistle he had give the free kick, but I'm not sure why he blew up in the first place, it was a nothing foul, that didn't interupt the flow of our attack in any way.

Agree with A_Worboys about the pitch-narrowing. I don't think it does anything to help us and it certainly doesn't help the entertainment.

• Can't keep morning about the ref as you know we all make mistakes. As for the pen sometimes we get them sometimes not over the season I think they even out

What is more of a concern is the poor performances poor tactics right the way through the team.

You can't expect people to turn out to watch utter garbage like that. I'm not sure I will be renewing my season ticket next year. Very sad to say

• Here is my review of Barnet v Wycombe Wanderers

• @weststand93 said:
    Here is my review of Barnet v Wycombe Wanderers

This is strangely compelling (and quietly amusing). A fascinating and honest reflection on today's match. It's late and I'm tired despite having slept for an hour or so in the armchair so I only got half way through but I think it's worth a look. Very different to the usual Opposition View comments.

• You obviously did!

• Why do the players clap the fans after their warm up? Never been in the ground early enough to see if this was a one off or not.

• A pretty regular thing Peter. Maybe an attempt to wake the crowd up. Didn't work yesterday

• @Right_in_the_Middle Careful - generalisation.

• Perhaps they should stop and clap us half way though each half. Still not sure it would wake me up though

• Found it a bit twee to be honest

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    The only prize prick is you ...as I have said .. why should I be positive about that shower of shit???

No-one's asking you to be positive about that match you complete simpleton. But you've not once posted anything positive on this site.

I can't work out what you're trying to achieve here, other than the tragic need for some small level of attention on a division 4 message board.

• I normally do 10 minutes of chatting about the game but i added some of the game that took it up to 20 minutes

• Whenever we win supporters of the other side always describe us as "poor" or "awful". Now our supporters say the same. Perhaps it's a built response to a disappointing result but doesn't change anything. If they were poor we were poorer.

• Maybe MK would like to poach Ainsworth?

• @wingnut I think a fair few people thought we had a right to beat Barnet and have had their noses put out of joint by us not being able to. Barnet are a club much like us at the moment but do have the quality up front we don't have. They deserved to win and that was with us actually playing ok for nearly half the game.

• Very poor result, but at least a relief to hear from @Wwfc2015_ he'd been so quiet recently I thought he had passed on.

• On the performance side I thought we started well, but created very little and as a result their one chance was converted and we had no luck breaking them down once they were ahead. I left before the sending off and the second goal...yes - I thought there was a fire drill. My main concern is having Kashket who has scored goals on the bench against a dull uninspiring team...can we not have a young player replaced by an older player for a change?

• Kashket was coming back from illness though. When you add up the number of games the bench had played this season there wasn't alot of miles in the legs there to change anything.

• Is Wood injured? Would be very strange if he's been dropped having had his best game in years the other week