Skip to content

Man of the Match - Aston Villa (H)

Any other day and we win that! So proud.

MOTM
  1. MOTM?83 votes
    1. Ravizzoli
        1.20%
    2. Pattenden
        1.20%
    3. Skura
      13.25%
    4. Low
      20.48%
    5. Hartridge
      12.05%
    6. Scowen
        6.02%
    7. Bakinson
        9.64%
    8. Butcher
        1.20%
    9. Sadlier
        3.61%
    10. Lubala
      16.87%
    11. Wheeler
        8.43%
    12. Humphreys (sub)
        0.00%
    13. McCleary (sub)
        2.41%
    14. Kone (sub)
        2.41%
    15. Leahy (sub)
        1.20%
    16. Onyedinma (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Really tough. Could have legitimately been any of about half a dozen.

• Such a remarkable spread of votes really does underline what an excellent all round team performance that was.

I went for Skura. He hardly put a foot wrong and his perfectly timed and legitimate challenge on Diver Duran for the “penalty” epitomised his positional sense and commitment.

• Assume mrs Leahy was in attendance.

• So many excellent performances but I thought Hartridge was just about the pick of the bunch. I’ve been critical of him but he’s improving with every game and just made Bailey look pretty standard.

• What a player we have in Declan Skura. I love his temperament. He looked so cool and composed against Premier League players. He’ll be playing with them before you know it.

• Yup, definitely an excellent team performance, think this is one of the most heavily split votes I’ve seen for a while so good to see.

For what it’s worth I went with Lubala though.

• edited September 25

• Went with Bakinson but it was hard to pick. Pretty much everyone did their job very well.

• Hartridge for me but agree it could have been anyone

• I went for Bakinson. Although I echo that it could be anyone

• I went Hartridge, best game for us so far. Everyone starting to settle down now, great stuff !

• Every single one of them had a claim including the subs, the BBC went for Joe Low, I am going for his defensive partner Declan Skura who is going to be huge if he carries on developing like this.

• I hadn’t heard of Leon Bailey before but I see that he has made 90 Premier League appearances for Villa and scored 15 goals from the right wing. Tremendous job by Alex Hartridge.

Not surprisingly, the Villa ‘keeper came third in the BBC poll behind the two goalscorers. In contrast, Ravizzoli came third from bottom for Wycombe, ahead of Leahy and Pattenden. He had no chance with the little shit’s goal (beg pardon but can’t spell his name) and guessed incorrectly with Diving Jhon Duran’s “penalty” but apart from that I thought he dealt admirably with what little he had to do. I think he fully deserves to keep his place.

• Tough one. I went for Skura as he looked very comfortable against Prem opposition but Hartridge, Low and Lubala all had a claim.

• No doubt Jasper Pattenden’s position in the BBC poll was strongly influenced by his failure to prevent the cross which eventually led to Villa’s opening goal. Yet another goal conceded following a cross from our right back position. Apart from that I thought Jasper was just fine.

• David Wheeler had a lot of joy in the air. He helped us get possession in dangerous areas and isolate their left back.

• I don't think anyone put a foot wrong. Surprised Butcher had no votes, I actually quote liked him and Bakinson together - thought they complimented eachother well. But Lubala ran himself into the ground and his touch and holdup play was excellent.