Skip to content

Comments

• Great article, thanks so much for your analysis and stats. R

• @NorsQuarters Cheers, and you're welcome.

• you are correct NorsQ, we have all got too used to the excellent coverage provided by Vital, so thanks again

• Yup, real quality as usual.

Funny, I was going to say it must be unusual to see a promotion contender without a striker anywhere near being a 20 goal a season man... Then I actually checked my facts and it seems that none of the top three has one. Closest is Shrews' Collins on 14. I know a lot of players have chipped in over the course of the season and over time that's probably a healthier trend rather than relying on one player.

Anyway, roll on D&R.

• Interesting to read about the great run of form Dagenham are in. That had passed me by focusing on us and the teams around us. Will be another stern test.

• Coyb! We can do this.

• @scarlet, I am with you.. 100%

• TEAM NEWS: McClure replaces Onyedinma in the #Chairboys' only change. #DAGvWYC

Was expecting that as Fred looks as knackered as JJ.
  • Let's hope he can beat his record of <1 min on the pitch last time out!

• Bit disappointed that Holloway still can't get a start.

• cant be doing much for Holloway's confidence to be honest, murphys either for that matter.

• It's been mentioned already that this is a professional game, and not under 10s football team, but have to agree with "scarlet" a few in the squad's confidence can't be high, especially when the chosen ones scramble over the line to earn us 3 points.

• I'm sure Holloway is fine. He's developing into a fine player, but is young and still has a long way to go. Realistically, he's not going to get into the team ahead of Hayes and as a partnership, I don't see Hayes & Holloway working (and more importantly neither does Ainsworth), so it'll always be Hayes & Fred/McClure, which works well for us. Holloway is perfect for us to have on the bench and bring on when defending a lead and I'm sure as he develops and improves in terms of offering a goal threat, he'll get more chances to start. I certainly hope we offer him a new contract in the summer.

• Where does Craig fit into this whole squad thing?

• A player doesn't want to sit on the bench until a certain player comes of all season. Think holloway could play well with all three fred, Craig,mclurre.

• Crikey @scarlet - that is a startling suggestion. But who knows, unusual combinations have been known to unsettle the opposition on occasion. I suppose you'll have Hayes and Holloway tucked in behind somewhere.

• Saying that GA does no what he is doing ,and he does a great job. Two games easter weekend and were going to do this what a weekend ahead.

• Certain players have kept their places, even though they had howlers, then the following game retain their usual place, thus a few players have filled in and done a awesome job to return to the familiar surroundings the bench. Yes, it seems unfair to some including me, but a norm to others.

I agree with @scarlet that GA knows what he is doing, ofc he does, but nevertheless the fact is players don't like sitting on a bench, week after week. Those on the fringe lose match fitness and sharpness because of the fact we don't have a reserve or U21 football.

I still have a dream we get U21 side up and running and it becomes part of Chairboys 5 year plan, then I can moan about something else, like installing Barcelona style bench ofc in Light/Cambridge Blue quarters.

• It's not about fairness, it's about getting Wycombe promoted. Bean, Bloomfield, Mawson and Pierre have played well in the last few games, who knows how we would have done if Rowe had been playing rather than any of them.

It's tough on Rowe, who showed last season and in a few games this year that he is a quality player. But Ainsworth has made the right decisions for me.

• Wouldn't be surprised to see Rowe sign on for us next year. I'm sure he's learnt a lot even not playing regularly. GA may just be trying to lower the price

• Btw, how many seasons was Blooms a bench warmer before now?! Fantastic that he is getting his chance and taking it well. Skål for the bench warmers!

• What is great for Blooms is that he's actually getting to play in centre mid. Excellent club servant that he is, he has spent much of the last couple of seasons, when fit, filling in out wide. In centre mid we are reminded of what a good player he really is.

• On the subject of Bloomers, I must say he optimises the belief that you need to be match fit in order to perform. He has shown genuine quality recently. I'd love him to bag in a few days time

• @Chris said:
    It's not about fairness, it's about getting Wycombe promoted. Bean, Bloomfield, Mawson and Pierre have played well in the last few games, who knows how we would have done if Rowe had been playing rather than any of them.

It's tough on Rowe, who showed last season and in a few games this year that he is a quality player. But Ainsworth has made the right decisions for me.

^^This^^

@Ciderk1d you certainly seem to have a bee in your bonnet regarding certain players coming straight back into the team at the expense of others. I can only think of Hayes and Pierre that have been out for more than one game and I just don't see how anyone could say that they shouldn't have come straight back into the team - regardless of how their stand-ins performed - given their contributions to this exceptional season?

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Certain players have kept their places, even though they had howlers, then the following game retain their usual place, thus a few players have filled in and done a awesome job to return to the familiar surroundings the bench. Yes, it seems unfair to some including me, but a norm to others.

I agree with scarlet that GA knows what he is doing, ofc he does, but nevertheless the fact is players don't like sitting on a bench, week after week. Those on the fringe lose match fitness and sharpness because of the fact we don't have a reserve or U21 football.

I still have a dream we get U21 side up and running and it becomes part of Chairboys 5 year plan, then I can moan about something else, like installing Barcelona style bench ofc in Light/Cambridge Blue quarters.

Yes, I have bleeted about this many a time here on this forum, well maybe not much of a distant dream. http://www.getbucks.co.uk/sport/football/wycombe-reserve-youth-teams-remain-8963359