Skip to content

Rumour Mill

Comments

• If Cameron Humphreys plays consistently as well as he has started then that definitely tips the balance into a good summer.

• The difficulty I have, given that you, @kipper are the gasroom’s ‘go to’ ITK, is when you say ‘Still business to be done’, I struggle to understand whether that is you saying ‘we will be bringing in an out-of-contract player, watch this space’ or whether you just mean ‘I still think we need more players’...

The other thing I’m struggling with is what on Earth our best team looks like when everyone’s fit. Can we play all our loanees in the same game? We will have some very high quality players not even making the bench...

• “Struggled to do business” seems to be the key phrase that would benefit from context I think.

The ‘facts’ (players in) doesn’t seem to support this but the ‘intelligence’ (accredited insider information) does.

What would be interesting to understand is whether our ‘struggling to do business’ was atypical of other League One clubs fishing around in the same pool (some with trawling nets…)

• pretty good transfer window, think we are still lacking a creative number 10, many of the transfers are to compensate the injuries we have to Taf, Bishop , Leahy , Vokes, Grimmer, Hanlan ect , when we have everyone fit will be a hell of a job to keep the players happy !

• I assume Bishop has gone back to Sunderland and we won’t see him again?

Seems strange to tie a loan up with an injured player…have we got more than 5 now?

Bishop, Taylor, Morley, Humphries and Kodua. Am I forgetting anyone?

• I too would assume Bishop has gone "home" to convalesce - wherever that is.

Even if his loan status is unchanged, we won't be naming him in the matchday squad so it doesn't affect our ability to name Taylor, Morley, Humphreys and Kodua. Although I don't think Taylor will be eligible to play today.

I can't think there are any non contracted strikers who we might be interested in signing, so I'd imagine our business I'd done.

Struggle to understand @kipper saying there is "still business to be done", in the context of players coming in but we may see loans going out I suppose to Conference league teams.

Are we the complete league 1 winning outfit yet? No, but I didn't expect to be in one window. Nor do I want or demand it either. Slow growth always develops better roots, and is more sustainable and robust in the long term, than a quick growth spurt which is often weak and eventually fails.

• Ipswich's Freddie Ladapo became an uncontracted striker late yesterday...

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/august/30/freddie-departs-town/

• If we can be as strong at the back as we were vs Swansea and continue running that much of a press I think we've got a solid squad ahead of us this year.

Big thing for us will be against the squads who will go for the strike instead of trying to pass it into the box like Swans did

• I'm surprised no one left on loan yesterday. But perhaps the non-league window is different...

• Free agents:

Josh Onomah (last club Preston) CM

Matt James (last club Bristol City) CM

Jack Cork (Burnley) CB or CM

Sheyi Ojo (Cardiff) RW

Brandon Williams (Ipswich) Full Back

Nathan Ferguson (Palace) CB

Paul Dummett (Newcastle) CB

• The experience and composure of Matty James in the middle of the park would do nicely (now wages are not an issue for us).

• Sunderland’s Adam Richardson was reportedly training with us last week. He is a highly regarded 20 year old keeper who looks set to head to the non-leagues on loan.

• very different @floyd - there isn’t one (apart from the old fashioned right at the end of season one)

• Yeah, From the article on one of the other threads it seems it was to give him a bit of experience with a different group ahead of a non league move and maybe for him to help us out in training rather than with a view to him coming here properly but as the poster said in that it seems like we are still on good terms with Sunderland which should help with flexibility around Bishops recovery and future.

• As I think I mentioned on here recently, I really enjoy watching Sunderland.

Disappointed that Jack Clarke has departed - one of the most exciting left sided attacking prospects in football and certain to be in the full England squad before too long - but he will play a big part in Ipswich’s battle to stay in the Premier League.

• purely guess work no itk and a personal feeling that we still need to do business in areas. There are still some good free transfers out there who could strengthen us

• our squad looks strong, if we could get Lapido that would be immense , also could we try Sadlier as a number 10? comfortable with both feet and not afraid to run at defenders and a good footballing brain

• I wouldn’t mind Sadlier in the 10. He has already missed 3+ big chances on his left foot. Humphreys is strong on both feet, could potentially be very good on the left. Lubala on his way back soon. Udoh could also play the 10 with Kone up top

I think the next team selection could be very interesting with a bigger / fitter squad to choose from.

• edited September 3

I assume you are referring to Essex boy and former Colchester player Freddie Ladapo. A player who has always scored goals (and often at fairly frequent intervals) wherever he has been. And he has been to a helluva lot of clubs. About 18, I think.

But we do love a Freddie at Adams Park - Onyedinma and Potts being the most recent. (Confess I need reminding of any others who may have graced the turf here over the decades.)

Freddie’s most recent club was Charlton - on loan from Ipswich earlier this year. I’ve not been able to speak to my Charlton friend today to seek his opinion but, according to Wikipedia, he played 14 times and scored once.

Not the easiest of decisions.

• Lapido is a French nonce.

• I feel it’s best to post this in here…Nathan Bishop appears to be missing from the squad photoshoot yesterday?? He’s either back up north recovering from his injury or the loan has come to a premature end?

• Club announced that Bishop, Bartolo, Woodhouse and Ward ‘were unavailable on the day the photo was taken’.

Injury rehab and international duty explain the first two. Wonder what prevented the other two? Ward’s promising progress certainly looks to have stalled.

• Woodhouse is on loan at Dag and Red so he’s accounted for. Bit odd about Christie Ward though.

• It’s not Superbowl weekend is it? (Just kidding Bayo!!)

• I thought AI was developed exactly for the purpose of introducing individuals into photos they were otherwise not included in?