14. Moreley (sub)
        1.08%
    15. Bakinson (sub)
        0.00%
    16. Kodua (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Apologies to Morley for the extra e!

• Harsh on Rav, not many that glad to see him named but we'd have been 4/5 down if not for him, and Sads very good

Suffolk Messi is the Suffolk Messi though. Electrified the place almost instantly and a great goal.

• As far as debuts go that was pretty much all you could ask from Humphreys.

Morley only inches wide from scoring too.

• Some good performances out there today especially from the new loanees as well as Hartridge and Harvie. Subs made the difference but the whole team seemed to step up when they came on. Enjoyed that!

• yeah, game-changing show from Humphreys for me, Morley also looks very promising, and some vital saves from Ravizzoli. And of course Sadlier won the penalty.

Such a different second half.

• Humphreys was outstanding and I’m going early but I’ll suggest he’s the best player we’ve had at the club since Eze based on that showing. Special note to Franco in goal who I have hammered many times but he did a lot well today. Gave the ball away sloppily and could be punished on other occasions but provided some good saves today and his long kicking was generally quite good.

• Post of the thread. Their pace, skill and energy seemed to infect (inspire even) the whole team.

• I’m afraid you’re going to have to apologise to my man of the match as well @Shev .

• Went Sadlier - goal, assist and a penalty won (which should be an assist too).

• Looks like Hartridge & Harvie have finally clicked - thought they both had good games today & showed why we brought them in.

Rav had a good game & made a couple of really good saves to keep us in the game.

The 3 loanees all looked superb when they came on especially Morley

Sads put another excellent performance in, capped by a well taken pen; he gets my vote this week.

• It's such a team game, I don't disagree with you but if Rav doesn't keep the goals out or Morley , Humphries and co don't turn the tide we are right up against it and probably hyper critically looking for reasons and scapegoats, let's really hope we can kick on now.

• Humphreys 😍😍😍

"Don't fall in love with a loan player" they say

Too late

• With how Morley looked, it may be a love triangle!

• Went for Rava. First clean sheet, of the season, marshalled defence well and made some good saves to keep us in it before the subs. Still not sure about the passing out from the back routine though.

• May have given him a boost, hopefully won't get in trouble.

• Humps for me

• Humps... changed the match

• Rav for keeping us in the match with some good saves, and generally looking secure.

• It speaks volumes for Humphreys' debut that as a sub, he is streets ahead of the chap who assisted the first goal, and then won and scored the penalty for the second.

Not complaining at all (though I picked Sadlier), just indicating how sensational the lad was to do that in a sub role!

• I went for Rav. He was excellent today, his distribution was mostly spot on including finding Sads in loads of space a couple of times. I actually think he's a decent first choice keeper - his conceded per game ratio must be excellent.

• Agree with all the nominations but I’m surprised no one went for Low who I thought defended superbly when we were under pressure and is so calm and controlled in possession. A class defender.

• Very much agree with your assessment of him. I was in the Max camp last season, but Ravs has continued to develop so much that he is a bona fide keeper at our level for sure now (if there was ever any doubt).

A good thing too - with Bishop in a protective cast we are all set there if Ravs stays healthy. Bishop, must feel cursed, poor lad! The goalkeeper position is unique, and there is no guarantee at all that Bishop gets his place back if Ravs continues to play like he did today.

• Great second half performance, went for Low who looked imperious at times. Really showed the fight and leadership at times in the game, very impressive.

The new boys were class too, but my second choice was going to be Josh who showed discipline and drive too.

Good day though, onwards and upwards!

• It was such a difficult choice tbf. Like at @glasshalffull says Low was immense dealt with every lumped ball, ( I wouldn’t want to watch that every week), was very calm on the ball and carried the ball out of defence very well, worrying me at times particularly when turning with an attacker snapping at his heels, but in fairness he never lost it. I went for Humphries in the end, not just for his goal, which with his last turn I thought he had messed up the chance), but for the way the whole game dynamic changed when he came on.

• Franco is the FotMob top rated player in League 1, based on all games so far.

• I went Humphreys. I don’t normally go for a sub but that was a sensational debut from the bench. He seemed to be everywhere.

• I wonder how often any of our players, let alone a debutant playing for a mere 45 minutes, has collected 38 MOTM votes. Extraordinary.

• You had to ask! This is the start of the 4th season of doing the MOTM, and here are the top votes for a single game down to Humphreys' accomplishment. Home matches get more votes to begin with, for obvious reasons, which for me makes Mehmeti's 56 away to Plymouth every bit as legendary as JJ's leading 74 in the Sunderland 3-3 epic.

I wonder how many of the top ten performances have actually stuck in the memory for people?

1. 74 - Jacobson (Sunderland H 21-22)
    2. 67 - McCleary (Charlton H 21-22)
    3. 64 - Forino (Sheffield Weds H 21-22)
    4. 60 - Low (Leyton Orient H 23-24)
    5. 56 - Mehmeti (Plymouth A 21-22)
    6. 56 - Mehmeti (Portsmouth H 22-23)
    7. 55 - Scowen (Sheffield Wednesday H 22-23)
    8. 53 - Low (Bristol Rovers A 23-24)
    9. 51 - Lonwijk (Derby H 23-24)
    10. 50 - Wheeler (Bristol Rovers H 22-23)
    11. 50 - Wheeler (MK Dons H 22-23)
    12. 47 - Hanlan (Ipswich H 21-22)
    13. 47 - Sadlier (Oxford H 23-24)
    14. 46 - Phillips (Reading H 23-24)
    15. 46 - Butcher (Northampton H 23-24)
    16. 45 - McCleary (Plymouth H 21-22)
    17. 45 - Kone (Wrexham A 24-25)
    18. 44 - Stryjek (Derby A 22-23)
    19. 44 - Sadlier (Birmingham H 24-25)
    20. 43 - Wing (Cambridge H 22-23)
    21. 41 - Forino (Exeter H 22-23)
    22. 41 - Scowen (Portsmouth A 23-24)
    23. 40 - Forino (Lincoln A 21-22)
    24. 39 - Hanlan (Bolton A 21-22)
    25. 39 - Tafazolli (Crewe H 21-22)
    26. 38 - Mawson (Peterborough H 22-23)
    27. 38 - Scowen (Derby H 22-23)
    28. 38 - Humphreys (Rotherham H 24-25)
  • Interestingly, both Mehmeti and Wheeler make the list twice with matching mammoth totals (56 for Anis, 50 for Wheels) while the only players to make two appearances in the top ten are Mehmeti and...Joe Low!

• Top work that @Shev !!