Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• It really is a bizarre move for Plymouth. "Responsible for taking Birmingham from 6th to battling relegation? Let's have some of that!"

Obviously there would have been other factors at play, but a genuine headscratcher.

• Rooney looks like someone drew a face on a testicle.

• Well if today means United are lumbered with their manager for another year it's almost worth City losing. United shouldn't even have beaten Coventry the cheating bastards. And 4 championships in a row means the rags are forever in our shadow whatever they think.

• Cup final quite a decent game from 60 minutes onwards

Still a massive list of detestable ***** on the pitch and Foden hugely over-hyped pre game.

• I think Haaland is the one over-hyped. At least Foden can create and score (usually), whereas Haaland is just a one trick pony.

• I was more thinking in the context of today. The buildup was all about Foden. He’s a terrific player but I expect we will now move onto hyping up Mainoo who will be expected to win the Euros for us.

• Are you a City fan that just called another club cheaters?

• I didn’t think I actually cared who won this but I actually fist pumped the air when United’s second goal went in.

I am pretty sure that is the first time since the Benfica European Cup game (when I was too young to know any better) that I have cheered any of their goals. Weird experience. (Cracking goal though. Although the comedy value of the first surpassed it)

• I think John Terry just went up for a medal.

• It's the obsession with the big name ex player isn't it.

Tony Adams hoodwinked us not too long ago.

• I think the yoof reply to this sort of pathetic nonsense with "cry more".

• Without getting too much ‘jumpers for goalposts’ I started watching the game at 2:59 today. Back in the day my FA cup day started about 11am after a visit to Kay’s Corner or POP’s to buy a suitable amount of snacks. To see me through all the key moments including the coach journey and maybe FA Cup it’s a knockout.

• Same with me. I literally sat down at 15.00 exactly after laying a patio sub base for the previous 7 hours, (I'm too old for this!!!), soon as the final whistle went, I turned off and went back to the task at hand, (the things I do to justify another season ticket eh!). Didn't even watch the post match celebrations, like yourself I used to watch every bit of it, from the fans leaving on the coaches from their hometown, right up until the highlights later on that evening.

Maybe I am just too old. 🤷‍♂️

• Just to say, from the same obsessions as a youngster, and some very special memories of FA Cup finals from years gone by, I forgot it was even on yesterday.

• At all televised games be it on Sky or BBC, I never watch the games until 3pm and always without fail turn the volume off at half time when the pundits are yabbering. Michael Richards guffawing and laughing is enough to make me lob the remote at the screen. There are times also when I turn the volume off because of the commentators and Co commentators. Jamie’s Carragher and Andy Hinchcliffe the absolute worst. I wonder how many other people do this sort of thing 🤔🤔🤔

• I generally find the pundits ok, but I will make an exception for Michael Owen. He is absolutely abysmal

• Hope you won’t forget the Championship playoff final in just over half an hour.

I’m rooting for Saints, largely because I’ve a lot of time for Russell Martin and the attractive style of football he has developed there over the past season. And not least of course because he was a respected player during his time at Adams Park.

• edited May 26

Exact same sequence of feelings here, @bookertease. Because of City’s undeniably mesmerising brilliance and in order to witness more of Foden’s recent transformation from extremely good player to one of the best in the Premier League, I shamefully block out thoughts about the host of financial irregularities that they are accused of.

Two remarkable and totally unexpected things happened yesterday. Foden was virtually nonexistent and United scored on the counter, totally against the run of play. To my own surprise I found myself yelling “yeees” at the top of me voice. A few minutes later, as the second (disallowed) goal went in, I reacted similarly but at slightly lower volume. I think my unexpected reaction had quite a bit to do with sympathy for Erik Ten Hag who has had such a torrid time this season.

Still laughing all the way to the bank of course.

• Awful commentary in the playoff final.

9 minutes added on, but a player from each side being treated for an extra two minutes after the 90 after a head collision. So clearly we will have at least 11 minutes past the 90. Instead, once it hits 9 minutes, the commentators keep saying things along the lines of "surely the last chance for Leeds" and then once it hits 11 minutes "well, the referee has found some extra time from somewhere!"

Football commentary really has some poor standards.

• edited May 26

Lovely scenes in the Championship play off final. Leeds fans crying, and just a thought for those muggy Pompey fans at Adams Park a few weeks ago singing about "coming for" Southampton

They can cry about what might have been on their way back to league 1 next season

• Happy that Southampton are back in the Premier League but it’s a relatively low key feeling compared with yesterday.

• Yesterday for me was all about England players coming through unscathed

• I think Neil Warnock is fifteen sheets to the wind.

• Well done Russell Martin, one of the good guys.

• Troy Deeney is another grifter who pops up in media roles and delivers insights such as 'what most people don't know is for these players next season will start in July'. He really pulled back the curtain on that insight into the life of a professional footballer there. Thanks Troy.

• He is indeed. Pretty traumatic childhood, puts a lot back into the community, and he's a vegan and Buddhist. Great to see him doing so well.

• Didn’t know about the childhood issues. He’s clearly a top coach and was a great player in the Germanic era.

• Otto von Bismark must be very proud.

• Coalville Town who played us in the FA Cup have ceased to be.

• @micra I Absolutely didn’t... Delighted for Southampton. Only really rode their luck on that one occasion when the ball came back off the bar. Never expected the commentator to link Martin and McCarthy to WWFC...