Skip to content

Season tickets

Comments

• Adult, Senior, Mid-Adult, Young Adult, Junior, Child - all with no explanation what age ranges these are.

A total of 39 different numbers in the club’s tweet.

Who is doing the messaging for this? Why is our pricing so complicated?

You don’t need a background in business or economics to know that this is a rubbish way of trying to generate new customers. Why is our pricing so outrageously complicated. What a mess.

Whoever is running the commercial department either doesn’t care or doesn’t have a clue.

• In comparison with how everyone else has been ramping up my monthly direct debits (hello Sky), it seems pretty reasonable.

• Considering dates will be changed due to a massive money spinning tv deal and the club are no where near over subscribed I would suggest it isn’t.

• Subscription price has not been held at all. Disingenuous claim.

• Disappointing. Was hoping we'd try something different.

I find it impossible to invite anyone to a match nowadays and ask them to pay £32 to sit with me. Even friends I have who could afford it, I just feel embarassed asking. Throw their teenage child in as well and it's over £50. When Bayo was hear, it was a little easier as he was a phenomenon that people wanted to see.

I'm waiting to see the Sky schedule before re-purchasing two FA tickets for £819. Just saying that out aloud makes you realise how ridiculously expensive it is. I'm glad I only have one of my kids interested in coming to football.

• Know there has been a lot of talk on here recently about adults in the family stand without kids.

Looking at those price differentals, could cost be an important factor there as well as well as reluctance to move?

Surprised how much cheaper it is for adults than even the old main stand.

• These prices aren't going to make more people come. Attendances will be down again next season

• Quite confusing. My subscription is going up, presumably because I bought at the 'early bird' rate before.

This has the look of something where we have lots of spreadsheets of customers on different prices, durations and discounts and have tried to capture all of it in a one communication.

They'd have been better off starting from scratch to work out what we needed to communicate: Standard ST prices frozen; kids prices start from £3 a mth; One price for everyone, meaning a small increase Vs previous early bird prices.

Subscription prices should have been rounded up/down to nearest 25p. Merge the mid adult and young adult and scrap the over 65 tickets (it's 2024 ffs, pensioners are loaded). Price Origin and family stand the same. It's too complicated. You basically want price tiers - basic, comfort, premium.

My biggest moan is that I got the email at 10:10. 1. It went to my spam box (not great) 2. It also landed exactly the same time as the first tweet. Your customers should find out about price increases first!!!! It shouldn't go out on social simultaneously. 3. The email audience hasn't been segmented. I should have had an email focussed on subscription prices and the fact my rate is changing as early bird pricing is gone. But I got the generic email sent to everyone. We should be cutting the email address book based on whether you're an existing STH, subscriber, non-STH etc.

I work for a financial services company with relatively complicated pricing. WWFC ticket pricing really should be more straightforward in comparison.

• Didn't ML say in his opening pitch we were going to be all about data? We can't even segment our own customer data when we've got 3,000 STH!

• Dear oh lore. Is it going to like this ALL summer??

• Mine seems to be 4% (based on early bird vs standard - FA upper). Although, of course, we didn't get an early bird opportunity this year.

Where's the 9% figure from?

• Looks like it. I think I might have to limit my close season Gasroom visits for the sake of my sanity. It's just so angry right now.

• Regardless of anything else I’m not sure how many people can actually afford these prices.

• Of course not.

"Why haven't we signed anyone yet" is due soon followed closely behind by "Why on earth did we sign him"

For what it's worth I think the announcement is a bit clumsy but it seems they're trying to be clear, hence the costs diagram, maybe over thought.

Given that we've been losing money and RC is still in place we were probably unlikely to cut prices in any meaningful way.

• I'm on the terrace. Going from £342 (early bird) to £362 is just under 6%.

• edited May 24

They said the "standard" price has not gone up. The early bird has been scrapped.

So for Frank Adams that's £514 which divided by 12 is £42.83 which is being charged.

Assume anyone seeing their subscription price go up was on an early bird price this season gone?

• There's some decent debate mixed in with some madness. Like the guy saying there's no mention of what age ranges are, when there very, very clearly is.

And a seeming unwillingness to understand it's the standard cost that is held not necessarily the price you personally bought on early bird last year.

• @Glenactico "...scrap the over 65 tickets (it's 2024 ffs, pensioners are loaded)"

That's a hell of a generalisation to make. For many pensioners, that's far from the case.

• The age range is clearly stated as other posters have pointed out. Could it be in your rush to criticise the club you didn’t read the full announcement?

• Nooo you'll have Dev on with his analysis of how in the main pensioners are dollar dollar and how they shouldn't get a reduction.

• Just been looking at the seating plan. In Frank Adams Upper Block P, where I am, there are lots of seats which appear to be available compared to last season, including some very regular attendees close to me.

On the basis that existing season ticket holders' seats are held until July 8th, that makes me think that a lot of people have either cancelled their monthly subscriptions, or informed the club that they don't intend to renew.

Very worrying if true. Block P is home to many long-standing supporters.

• Oh dear, perhaps I shouldn't have opened that particular worm-filled can :(

• edited May 24

I quite like this:

"What’s more, we’ll be giving priority access for live streams at Adams Park of available away matches to season ticket holders, meaning if an away game is selected for a live broadcast and we’re able to host a screening at Adams Park, you’ll receive the first invitation free of charge, potentially saving you money on either travelling to the match or watching on Sky Sports."

Not a particularly massive cost saving but for those who live fairly close to AP it could be a good option to watch us in a 'crowd' setting.

I also note that I am now officially a 'Senior' (again - I had 'grandfather' rights when it used to be from 60 until presumably 3 or 4 years ago). 64 is a slightly odd age to start this from though. Has it always been this since they changed it 3/4 years back?

• Would you rather be thumbed down by 100 angry boomers or mocked on tiktok by 1 bored Gen Z-er?

• @bookertease, I think they are increasing the age limit each year (like with state pension age) so that next year you'll need to be 65 to qualify as a Senior.

This way everyone that used to be a Senior, the age limit was 60 thanks to the Trust, still qualify but they have slowly raised the bar for anyone newly applying for a season ticket.

I expect them to continue raising the age to 67/68, but they might stop at 65. We'll see.

Hopefully they don't start applying a premium prices for OAPs in the future, but I might consider paying that to subsidise a child season ticket price.

• That's the default position for so many people now. I do this kind of comms as a day job and it's extraordinary how people will grandstand and rubbish things that are there in plain sight.

A good real life example this morning. Someone complaining there was no 'mechanism' to provide feedback in an email they'd received. i pointed out the giant 'Let us know what you think' button on the communication. His response? 'I doubt anyone reads the responses anyway'.