Skip to content

Mikheil Lomtadze confirmed as one of three new directors

Comments

• …..and our friends in Derby.

• The Yellows forum turned green this morning.

• Blooms will do well , we don’t need to go backwards. Due respect to GA but we are ok as we are thank you. Dobbo back to run the academy, as someone has already mentioned, would be a great move though.

• The academy plans are obviously very exciting and hopefully it will get to a position in the future where we can develop a local hero.

I do certainly have concerns especially considering the market for junior talent we are operating in. It will no doubt be a slow build but I hope the focus is on the older age groups 14+ as beneath that age group players will simply be poached by the Bigger London sides. There is plenty of talent that gets cast aside and dropped from Academy's as many of our previous success stories did.

I've really enjoyed the set up of the current development side. If we can improve on our recruitment and continue to find 1 or 2 gems a season through this method then the future is certainly bright.

• Yes. It seems like the craziest idea but maybe the guy just likes football and wants a hobby. Having a successful shopping app doesn't get people chanting your name in the same way winning a few football games can do.

• Not quite the same thing, but Hayes did say all that and then he held the trust to ransom for the sell on fees that Ibe's sale eventually cleared.

Increased overheads are definitely a concern with what is proposed as the trust, or an investor with less funds (IE 99.9% of people), could struggle to maintain the spending he is able to after he's gone were he to dish out long contracts or start but not finish projects. But if We're skint anyway and he wants to bankroll it until the next mug comes along maybe that is the best you can hope for in the broken model that is football finances. At the same time If he does improve the infrastructure and drive us forward a bit we could be more sustainable and that may make us more attractive to someone else. Someone has to fix the roof.

The Bearwood model seemed to be him buying that separate to the club and hoping to make it generate funds that would support the club. No idea what the plan is now, wether he bought in and will realise some of Robs speculative projects.

• Two points. Firstly what assets of any significant value to a billionaire are there to strip? Secondly you can ask as many questions as you like, it doesn't mean you will get honest answers. I give Sharky Hayes as an example of Bullshit.

• Some fun stories around a certain disgraced billionaire ex Chelsea owner wanting to have a look around Spurs before he took over Chelsea and being asked a raft of silly questions, denied access to land his helicopter anywhere near and basically being told to clear off and stop wasting people's time.

Maybe it was a moral decision based on in-depth knowledge of geopolitical situations or Nostradamus's predictions of the future but one or two execs and many fans raised some eyebrows when he started buying up every player available and winning trophies by the wheelbarrow load.

• Nigel Lonwijk to be unveiled on Tuesday as our first major signing? Followed by the return of Matt Philips….

• Let’s just give the guy a go and enjoy the ride.

• I am expecting a really impressive transfer window now. This takeover has happened in plenty of time.

• Absolutely, this is the one where we finally bring In Tarpey.

• We should also buy all ex players still alive.

• I can think of one ex-player where that might be a bit hard...

• I’d plump for Martin Taylor and Jermaine McSporran..

• I hear that clicking sound a rollercoaster makes as it reaches the top.

• And just think , a couple of days ago after the announcements about the retained players etc, we thought we’d have nothing to talk about on the forum!!

• Looking forward to seeing how the advancing years have treated the raw pace of Distribution Dave Winfield.

Opposition defences will be quaking in their boots at the thought of the likes of Elliot Benyon banging them in up front.

Champions by November?

• Broadly good news especially Rice's appointment

As others have pointed out SCMP is pretty lax if your owner is prepared to pump money in.

I want to see the following in the first 24 months

a) new training facility location identified & purchased & development started

b) new road to carpark completed & work commenced on ground improvements

c) First academy scholars brought in

d) First team strengthened & getting into top 6 (yr 1) & automatic promotion (yr 2)

• Absolutely this, I’ve always said that life is never dull at Wycombe. In a season threatening a relegation battle and then mid-table mediocrity, we still managed to reach a Wembley final and acquire a mystery billionaire investor. How fortunate we are to follow a club where you never know what is coming next!

• Add in to that a certain Tommy Mooney, I could die a happy man!

• edited May 5

What about Guppy ? We reckon he could still do it ?

• Who owns Sands industrial estate? If I were ML I’d be looking at purchasing all the land the current industrial estate sits on, tell the businesses that their leases will not be renewed and that they should find alternative accommodation (plenty of empty office/factory space around the area anyway), then that’s your improved access to the stadium sorted plus you can build bars ,& restaurants & and a match day car park park in place of scruffy factories.

• Probably a lot easier to build the 20,000 Mikhail Lomtadze Dinamo Kaspi Stadium just off the M40 than trying to turn Sands into the next Neom project.

• We’ve gone from handing round collecting buckets to throwing small businesses out onto the street .

• And then demolish Adams Park and redevelop it as our training ground on the lines of Bearwood.

• All I really want to see is the new owner upholding the commitment to maintain the ground in exchange for a peppercorn rent. The previous owner failed on that front despite the Trust gifting them 60% of its own stake in the club. This new owner cannot claim the same degree of poverty. If we can come out of this with a stadium that has all the major issues fixed then we are in a strong position to continue as a going concern if things go tits up.