Skip to content

Attendance Prediction - Port Vale (a) - Tues 16th April '24 - Match 43 in 23/24

2»

Comments

• Top Twenty for the Total Crowd: [Actual 4029]

Overestimates all round for this match. However many congratulations to @Twizz - Forecaster of the Week - closest with 85 and the only one within one hundred!

Top Twenty for the Away Crowd: [Actual 122]

Many congratulations to @ryan_w_kirkby2 closest and out by just 21.

Top Twenty for the Home Crowd: [Actual 3907]

Many congraulations to @Twizz for his success on this metric, the only underestimate of the night and the closest, missing by just seven. As said - 85 more Wycombe fans would have been most welcome.

Less change than usual on the Leaderboard this week, although the foresight of @Twizz will have an impact. That table will still be tight/

• Some late season form - about time too! I believe that's now three "scoring" predictions in the last few weeks. 😁

Many thanks for running this as always @railwaysteve.

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of the ten matches in which we each "scored", and the scores - but appreciate this may be more effort than you are able to put in.

• Unless i'm mistaken @railwaysteve - not that it counts for much but has my prediction been left out?

• Apologies @thecatwwfc - I did miss it when doing the data entry. The theory is that I do a check - count the number of predictions in the thread and compare that to the number that the spreadsheet says it has. I missed that check out this week, please don't take it personally.

Your predictions are in all the records now - 621 out on the total attendance would have put you 15th for this match - 90 away for the away support would have put you 16th equal and the 531 miss for the home crowd would have also placed you in the top twenty. Most of us were miles out: you finished up in the top half of all three tables, and it seems that the Gasroom, in near enough its entirety, reckons the top half is a reasonable place to finish.

If it is ok with you I won't redo the tables in this thread. The one on the Tour de Season thread will be correct - although the only difference for yourself, and almost all of the rest of us will be that the number of predictions has ticked on by one.

• Not taken personally at all. Your work is always appreciated