Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Peterborough (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• I’m too old to understand how a tik tok account has a fan account.

• Woodward and Bernstein he ain’t. But happy to throw shit around.

• More likely to be Reading fans pretending to be Wycombe fans pretending to be Peterborough fans in a 'false (stolen) flag' scenario.

• What a gammon

• Thanks.Difficult to understand why any Wycombe fan would buy tickets in the Peterborough section but I will reserve judgement till we know the facts established by the police investigation.

• He’s now admitted in a tweet back to me that he has no proof, it was what his sister told him and suggested previously that the only reason I was questioning him about his allegations was that I was angry at losing. It’s not just him but it gets my goat when people present “facts” on social media that are anything but.

• I don’t hold him to any standard of professionalism but even a z lister like him should know that spreading lies without any evidence is not on.

Anyway if you want a sewer online today check out the pond life that is Mr J Barton.

• What his sister told him! Incredible that someone in a position of responsibility and with a very public role could make an allegation on such flimsy evidence. Whatever happened to the journalistic mantra of check, check and check again?

• Personally, I heard someone in the Peterborough end abruptly shouted "POINTS PER GAME!" and it sparked a melee.

• Looking forward to him explaining it away on the Ian Fiveankles breakfast show with Ian Fiveankles tomorrow morning presuming Mark Goldbride didn't hurt him too badly.

• Coming to think of it, we are always so quick to blame referees and officials - the officiating was top class yesterday.

• edited April 8

Don't have much to complain about except for maybe being very lenient when their man cut Lonwijk down late and pretty cynically in the first half. Looked like a yellow all day long but only gave a foul. And if that all I can think of to question after a loss, he must have been decent

• I would have also loved to hear David Seaman's view on their 2nd goal. Haha

• Some people just need to get out more. Its disappointing that they run their mouth / let their fingers do all they typing but then try and back-track when they have been called out. They are also as bad as the people doing the actual crime

• I do believe I saw Darius Charles in the concourse prior to the game, looking well except for quite a pronounced limp .

• A lie can be half way round the world before the truth has put his trousers on.

• He’s not long had a hip replacement. Genuine Wycombe legend, considering his short time with us he’s one of my all time favourites

• edited April 9

We had a great day too, despite the disappointment at the end.

Thought the team played really well and it was a decent game which added to the occasion.

Kids loved the green clappers and definitely a highlight for them, so thanks to whoever organised. They are still driving me slightly mad with them two days on though!!!

The later kick off time wasn’t as bad as I feared either - meant we drove and youngest just fell asleep on way home :)

Also although I disagreed with the Wembley ticket selling approach (and still think at least all of tier one should be on sale from day 1 so regular match goers have option to buy more expensive seat) I did think having a virtually full tier 1 contributed to a better atmosphere compared to when when fans more spread out in previous games.

Still not seen us win this season either - only half a dozen games but fingers crossed that will change against Charlton!

• I believe I saw Jack Wakely and Christie Ward walking around the middle tier before the game. Didn't have a chance to speak to them but Jack was walking around unaided so hopefully his knee is getting better after his injury at the beginning of the season.

• Did anyone get caught out with the bag size and having to put their bags in the drop off? I wasn't aware of this at all and had to have medication with me so thankfully, common sense came through and I was allowed to bring it in.

• Starting to get to know "new Wembley" now. That first thrill when you walk through the inside concourse and out into the stadium proper is still there. Really is magnificent. Ok we lost - but we went to Wembley and gave 15,000 people a treasured memory - many perhaps with their family.

For me, I had a little moment remembering my Dad and reflecting on how proud he would be looking down to see his lad and two of his kids plus two perhaps "in-laws to be" bonding together at Wembley. What football is really all about for me.

• It was my first experience of the second tier. A lot swankier than the more concrete level 1. Lacked a bit of atmosphere up there and I could hardly recognise any of our players but pretty decent.

Overall, despite the result (and the first half of the trip home) it was a good, enjoyable day.

I know the actual end of the game was gutting, but I preferred that I think to how it would have been if it had just finished 0-1. Scoring made such a difference, even if only for a couple of minutes.

• We were sat on Level 2 next to (I assume) relatives/friends of Luke Leahy, one of them looked very like him so possibly his brother.

They were a little worse for wear and very exuberant every time he touched the ball, but were also lovely. Sat chatting to my young nephew about Wycombe for quite a while before the match.

It was a lot quieter up there on the concourse as only 2 blocks were sold, but was also so easy to buy food/drink and use the loo compared to what the sold out Level 1 must have been like.

• The start of the second half was weird with seemingly a third of the crowd still eating/drinking/urinating out of sight for a good five minutes into the game.

Never understood why if you pay good money to watch a game, why not prioritise that over buying stuff at half time. Each to their own I suppose.

• It took all of half time for the queue for the gents to disappear @DevC and "when you've got to go you've got to go", so for some there wasn't much of a choice.

Also it's impossible to tell when play has resumed - due to lack of noise - so missing the start of the second half wasn't quite the crime.