Skip to content

EFL TROPHY FINAL

Comments

• Surely not for Taf to be marking the winger JJ would have put the ball and probably Kamara into touch on the halfway line in the lead up to the first goal Sadlier is not defensively minded so if we are going to play 3 in midfield it should be Butcher or Potts covering on the left Yaf had his hands full with Bishop

• Not sure if anyone has replied already but of course the answer is Peterborough.

• On a "sold tickets : town population ratio" we are both at around 10%

• That's much more impressive from us considering the Prem teams we compete for support with

• That is of course if the estimated numbers, and my maths, are both correct

• High Wycombe population at last count was 127,856 - Peterborough 215,673. So whatever the sales are compared to those.

• You’re right. The left sided centre back (Tafazolli) shouldn’t be marking a wide right attacking midfielder (Kamara) but that’s not what I was saying. I was talking about his responsibility for providing cover for Leahy as he (Kamara) approached the corner of the penalty area. Sadlier may not be defensively minded but, in many recent games, he has doubled back and scrapped very competitively for possession in the left back position. For whatever reason, he did not appear to be doing so on Friday.

Freddie Potts rarely strays across to our left hand side but towards the end of the game he was clearly frustrated that no one seemed to be “taking care of” Kamara and took it upon himself to stop him in his tracks, earning himself a yellow card in the process.

There will no doubt have been plenty of post match discussion about the failure to deal with Kamara. I’m just disappointed that the necessary steps did not appear to have been taken during the game.

• Agree with all of that @micra

Hope you enjoy todays game, I have a feeling we may see a return to 3/5 at the back

• Appreciate that response @Mandown.

Can only assume that the two negative reactions are from people who, not unreasonably perhaps, relate the three central defender lineup to the early part of the season when it did not seem to be working. Some would say it was clearly not working. But circumstances change and if (big if) Joe Low and Chris Forino are both fit, I too can see that as an outside possibility.

Crikey, is that the time. Had a very late breakfast and returned to the comfort of bed and the relative discomfort of one of those ultra firm inverted ‘V’ prop you up pillows and lost track of time.

Lineups will be on line in just over half an hour. Enjoy the match everyone.

• edited April 1

So having had a quick look to see the latest seat situation (1028 available), other than blocks 124/5 (728 available but all Cat1 or 2 seats & therefore out of my budget) there really isnt much left to choose from.

It is frustrating to click on a block that appeas to have some availability only to find that all that is left are "accessible" & "assistants" seats; counting these as part of the overall general allocation is a bit of slight of hand to say the least as being able bodied I cannot buy them.

I will wait another 24 hours and see where we are at...

Edit - interestingly, or not, i drilled down into each block to see what I could actually book & there are only 62 bookable seats + 60 Accessible & assistants seats available in tier 1 despite the headline numbers. Someone is not being straight with us...

• Really poor from the Efl to restrict sales in this way. Either pay £60, sit apart from friends or family or go in the Posh end for half the price

• @Erroll_Sims have sent you a private message re tickets

• To be fair, everyone has had weeks to get a cheaper ticket. Hanging on for the upper tier was always a gamble and not one I’d have taken if I was on a budget.

Although why the club put the 90% rule on record is beyond me.

I reckon it’ll open up tomorrow when everyone’s back in the office. Good luck 🤞

• Some people may have been waiting for end of March pay day.

Otherwise spot on, Cat 5 and 6 were the only tickets available for ages until they opened up the remainder of Tier 1.

• "Although why the club put the 90% rule on record is beyond me" @arnos_grove.

Maybe because they took it in good faith that Wembley would honour that condition? Which I'm sure was imposed by Wembley in the first place.

Imagine the phone calls the club would have had to deal with asking when the different sections would open up if they'd not stated it. Plus it's how it worked for Peterborough too.

• Even if level 2 tickets go on sale it'll be block by block so limited to Cat 1 and Cat 2 with very little likelihood of us selling enough to get as far as the Cat 3 ones. Anyone hoping to get a cheaper ticket has missed their chance.

• I agree, if they are going to open up the 2nd tier, it'll be in the blocks next to the Peterborough fans so that they can save on staffing

• Oooops.....

• I think Max deserves to play the final. His MOTM performance in the semi vs Bradford played a huge part in getting us there.

• But Ravs performances up to then in the cup and since getting the shirt have been as good.

There is a rumour circulating that Blooms and Max aren’t speaking??

• There certainly is now, anyway, @perfidious_albion.

"I read it on the Gasroom, don't you know?"

• 14,000 sold according to the club. At least 21,000 sold by Posh so far.

• I cogitated long and hard about sharing, but it is out there anyway

• Tier 2 is on sale! Block 251 along the side. Gasroom ASSEMBLE!

• If you have tickets for somewhere else in the stadium, the ticket office will be happy to swap your tickets into the 2nd tier block(s). I've just done it. If you have cheaper seats, you will need to pay the difference but not the £3 extra

• Block 251 selling fast.

• 39 seats in block 251 left

Well on our way to 19500

• Only 30 now!

ps which one of us can be the saddest ticket monitor?