Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Lincoln

Comments

• We have made a procession of awful teams look exceptional late in games.

• Entirely self inflicted. Bloomfield changed our shape, the team stopped holding onto the ball, and didn't seem to know where they were playing. A complete lack of composure from players and management in the final 10-15 minutes. Really poor.

• Sorry @Wendoverman but I have to again question Bloomfield’s ablilty. He’s had 50 games and still comes up short when it comes to game management , use of subs and tactics. Not convinced he’s ever going to get there, even with a really good squad.

• We're in the midtable mush and will probably stay there. If we can turn over another youth team and then give Alan Swann a hernia we might get to a cup final and have a good season.

• In other news, Lyle Taylor came off the bench after an hour for Cambridge, scored one, and assisted another as they won 2-1.

The winner being scored by Sullay Kaikai in the 91st minute no less.

• Excellent stat. Thank you. 1:3 ratio is pathetic and it’s even more pathetic that our manager is still wedded to this nonsensical approach.

• I feel sorry for the players. They played excellently and were let down by poor management yet again.

• Makes you wonder what instructions are given by Blooms in training and substitutions.When will he wake up?

• We completely lose composure in second halves and start wildly swiping at the ball whenever it comes near us.

• Nope. It was fairly comfy until the inevitable late goal.

Someone said a better team would have scored hatloads against us. Possibly. But a better team would have actually created a lot more and a lot better chances too.

• edited January 13

Anyone know how Kone was used/played at his previous club?

I know he was barely given a chance with a 10 min cameo when momentum had swung away from us, but I don’t think he is the straight replacement for Vokes he was used for today. I hope he’s used in a way he is more used to, especially in these opening games of his professional career.

That does sound suspiciously like writing him off after ten mins, but I’m not intending it to. I just hope we don’t stick him upfront, lump it to him and hope for miracles.

• If that was fairly comfy then you had better tell that to my heart. We dropped off Lincoln with at least 25 mins to go and let them come onto us instead of closing them down as we were in the first half. They also had a goal disallowed for offside in the second half, a second half where they had a lot of possession.

• Bloomfield out has reappeared on 'so called social media'

• For this to keep happening again and again is rather embarrassing for anyone who considers themselves to be “professional.”

• I think it would be legitimate to say that it has felt worse than that when you dig into the stats a bit more. For example, we were losing 2-1 to Bolton in the 80th minute, then equalised, then conceded two more goals, so no points lost compared with 80th minute but might well have felt like it. Also doesn't include both Bristol Rovers games where we were leading comfortably after 80 minutes but were clinging on by the final whistle.

Definitely fair to say that we are a terrible team at the end of matches. Interestingly of the 5 goals scored by us from the 80th minute onwards only one (at Derby) was the last goal of the game. Overall this season we have been the last goal scorer in 7 league games, and our opponents have been on 16 occasions. Of the 7 times that it was us, only two have been after the 70th minute.

• Shot ourselves in the foot (again) with the usual negative tactics towards the end of a game we're winning.

One win in fifteen league games isn't bad luck.

• just home and we're our own worst enemy! Subs and new shape killed us, Killian Phillips, nice guy but headless chicken with a weird bouncy running technique, simply ineffective and even worse a silly foul to allow them to launch it forward for their late goal. Bring on Forino and KVY, (did nothing wrong) but too many defenders, inviting them on, it turns to chaos. It keeps happening! We panic, try to park the bus and its all about the oppo, how about we press and be positive and make our opposition worry about us? Its dreadful management, it really is.

• Bad game management is frustrating, but it’s even more aggravating because the approach is so cowardly

• We have got a really talented squad. We have last seasons joint best keeper in the league (depending on which stats you look at), we have the core of a team who was challenging for the play-offs this time last year, we’ve made some great signings…it’s so frustrating to watch.

We all think it’s blindingly obvious where we are going wrong, and when the majority say the same thing, it’s probably an accurate assumption. And yet here we are, the man who can make all the difference doesn’t see what is happening right in front of his very eyes.

• Lose or draw it is what I expect @davecz no need for apology.

• Kone and Gideon on for Taylor and Vokes at 60th minute = more energy and possible delight.

Phillips, Gideon and Kone on = ditto

Late subs of defender, right back and Kone = not so much.

Very disappointing for a game we started well and should have won.

Nice to see some of the people who joined the site for the last defeat getting another look in though.

• I love Matt for what he has given to this club of ours but that was very poor management.

• Well I’m. It surprised. In terms of subs and tactical change that was peak Tony Adams. Absolutely mystifying taking Sadlier off and asking Taylor and KVY to be square pegs. Horrible mistakes by Bloomfield again making good players look bad. He needs to learn quicker and have a post it on the dug out saying ‘we are not capable of playing five at the back’

• Too annoyed to speak

• I get your point...but there were enough professional football defenders out there to prevent a goal.

• In my deepest, darkest, most twisted nightmares.......Wycombe are playing in a back five.