Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Leyton Orient

Comments

• "never looked like scoring" isn't just a take, we could have played on until new years eve without an opponent and not troubled the goalposts.

• edited December 2023

We’ve had 30 odd games under MB which you can individually de-contextualise and isolate.

We’ve barely picked up more than a point per game on average.

At what point do you accept the bigger picture is awful?

• Completely agree. The fact he kept Taylor on for 75 minutes tonight is a stackable offence in itself. It's like he's completely blind

• Sack him before we look like utter mugs by having fireworks after a home defeat

• Transfer window about to open. Rob has seen first hand how impotent we are, a queue of lethal target men are just approaching the Crest Hotel on their way to the Cressex Filling Station. Lyle Taylor is currently there protesting the injustice of only getting 2 red Fruit Pastels in a pack he bought last week.

• Yes it was shameful I’m afraid and completely over the top given at the end of the day it’s an away point.

Matt looked really quite shocked and upset from what I could see.

Important to recognise that there were more people clapping the players for their efforts, even though there’s no escaping that it was another toothless performance.

• Nah I’m not having the “that’s a good point circumstances aside”. They were utterly rubbish. We should have beaten them. Zero shots on target against that? Diabolical in every sense. Rubbish in block caps.

• If it wasn't Matt Bloomfield, you'd all be calling for the manager's head.

• edited December 2023

I completely accept the bigger picture is attrocious, that was the point I was making about context. I don't think this evening was dreadful (certainly not as bad as some of what we've seen this season), but I do think because of what's preceded it that it will feel just as bad as some of those games.

As an example, I remember a 0-0 draw away at Lincoln during the Ainsworth era in which neither side did very much and it wasn't a brilliant game. But the draw felt good becuase it kept momentum going on a promotion push and so everyone was relatively satisfied. Sadly, tonight's draw also felt like it kept momentum going, but very much in the opposite direction.

• Gaz is right there...

• Just watched Bloomfield’s interview. Must have been watching a different game. He said we posed a goal threat in the first half !!!!!! Brushed aside the fans reaction at the end and said it was a good point on the road. But the football was awful and has been for weeks. I agree with returntosenda what defence is there for keeping him on.

• This, whether people like it or not, I'm afraid is true

• Of course it is - it's just certain people seem to think it's some kind of sacrilege to call for a change.

• Completely true. He's had 11 months and shown absolutely nothing. No promise or excitement at all

• And this evening definitely was dreadful. Probably the worst football match I've ever watched. We didn't have a shot for the whole second half. Not even a sniff of a half chance. We spent the entire game booting the ball to a 5'7 striker who didn't win a single ball. There wasn't anything to get excited about. It was the definition of dreadful

• Not sure anyone has come out and said Bloomfield should stay. I think there's a general acceptance that we're close to the end of the road.

Desperately sad to see though, as he's clearly giving everything to try and turn this around, but it's just not happening. Personally I'll keep supporting him in the hope a miracle can happen, nothing to be gained from booing him. I think it could be all over for him on Monday sadly.

• Wasn't the worse Wycombe game I've ever seen...but hate to ruin the party.

• Football is a cut throat business, and that is what Couhig and company need to be right now. Sentiments aside, Bloomfield is simple not cutting it. Me and a few other USA fans(Follow us on Twitter: @WycombeUSA haha) had a little watch party today and to say it was a boring watch would be a vast understatement.

Completely lifeless in all phases of the match. Applaud the fans who showed up, just hate they had nothing to really cheer for. We love our club but something needs to change and as with bascially every other sport, the coach is the first to go and I believe that will be the case here.

I truly thought before this season we would be battling for at least the playoffs but now if we do not start gaining some momentum could very easily be pulled into a relegation battle which would be quite depressing. Obviously with 23 more games to play there is time to do a course correction, but I do not think Bloomfield is the man to lead.

Interesting few weeks ahead indeed, not only manager wise but improving as much as we can via the transfer window as well.

Keep the faith about all we can do.

• Imo he spoke like a man very much with his back to the wall career wise. Shame as I like him as person, but he is really not cutting it manager wise right now.

• It is quite unbelievable that we are already 18 points off the play offs after just 23 matches played, with the players at our disposal.

• edited December 2023

At what point does the Xg become 0? Anyone know how this works?

• We've had 11 months of monotonous tripe served up. Pure and simple we are now in a relegation battle.

I'm sorry but it's time to call it a day.

The comments that Matt has been a great servant to the club. Hasn't the club been a great servant to Matt. At no point has he not been paid.

As a supporter I contribute to the club. I just ask for some entertainment

• When you don't have a single shot - so we came close

• Our XG was 0.14 tonight, playing like that we’d expect to see 1 goal every 7 games.

Sums it up.

• Hate the idea (and the reality) of Matt Bloomfield getting boo’ed at full time. It’s awful. So sad that we’re limping over the trenches to play football every week at this point

• But that's the same Gaz whose playoff hopes were written off by some Gasroom experts after ten games last season! Surely you want someone new and exciting...poor old @davecz has only just got rid of him after three years of pointing out his failings.

• MB looked absolutely gutted, he was in the process of walking over to the away fans and then stopped.

Very sad (and I mean that, it’s deeply unpleasant to see someone who has given as much to this club as he has, getting to this state of affairs).

I don’t know what the answer is, but tonight was a typical MB Wycombe performance for me, plenty of effort but very disjointed and no end product whatsoever.

Hoofball to D Taylor was never ever going to work…nor to L Taylor.

I’m fine with long ball, but for god’s sake use the forward most suited to that style…and ensure there is someone in support who can pick up the flick-ons.