Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Peterborough

Comments

• How on earth have we turned that into a deficit.

• That’s a hell of a finish for their second goal. Feels like a harsh scoreline at HT but teams at the top of the league will be clinical.

Max probably at fault for their equaliser but it’s not often we say that.

• I’d argue it’s been our best half of the season. Either that or Charlton away second half. Incredibly unlucky.

• edited October 2023

Just a thought. Would the back three be stronger/even better organised with Keogh between the two youngsters, leaving Leahy free to move into midfield? Against that, both Low and Forino are predominantly right footed and the midfield is operating pretty well.

That was a great half of football and, on the basis of that I think we look capable of (and deserving of) a point.

I would happily settle for that.

• I thought Keogh might start today but the boss is keeping the old legs on the bench.

• Very decent 1st half, carrying on from Fleetwood away, rather threw our good work away with that 2nd goal. Excellent play from Peterborough, but Potts gave it away rather cheaply and Scowen completely missed his challenge when they countered.

Problem is Peterborough have been ordinary so far, but have managed to turn it around. Would expect them to have their tails up 2nd half.

• We look very good going forwards…let’s hope for one or two more goals second half.

• As long as it’s two for us and one for them. I’d settle for that.

• It feels like we are well ahead on balance of chances but are behind to two superb strikes

• Difficult to see what the obvious change is. Taylor is playing well, Phillips too but getting GMac on would be the change for me.

• Yes!! 2-2

• That rabbit is nightmarish

• Wheeler for Potts would make the centre more solid?

• It's time for Gmac and big Sam I think

• That’s brilliant from the Posh fans clapping for Dave Finch

• Wow their keeper is having a mare

• Absolute maniac behaviour from their keeper in the 94th min. Deserved to be punished for that but got away with it.

• Play like that all season we'll be promoted.

• Probably the right result over the 90 minutes, fantastic advert for L1 football.

• Would want to watch that every week.

• Best game for a long time - L1 classic.

• Best performance of the season. Increasingly confident with every week. In the stretch of the last 5-6 games we’ve looked like a promotion side. Peterborough away is such an acid test. If you can travel away and outplay one of the best passing sides in the league in their own back yard then you’re destined for great things. Really positive about this season

• Very good game. Pretty much everyone on the pitch 7/10. Philips now doing a great job in midfield and not looking like he’s going to kill someone. 1-18 we look strong. Very unlucky not to have all three points at the end, would have been a great comedy goal for Sam.

• Really entertaining match. Slightly frustrated we didn't win, as we had the best of the chances. Content with a draw though. Lets follow it up with a win on Tuesday!

• The games played column makes that table look pretty good.

• Indeed @StrongestTeam though I would rather thave the points on the board.

Today absolutely showed that:

a) we are in good hands with MB & his team

b) we have a great squad that not only has a good dose of talent, but has grown to exemplify the Wycombe spirit

Both of these stand us in great stead for the rest of the season & gives me huge optimism for our chances of finishing in the play-offs.

• Hat tip to the travelling fans who made a great noise today. 🎩

• edited October 2023

"Wycombe one of the better teams I've seen"

A compliment? From Swanny?! https://twitter.com/PTAlanSwann/status/1715754856361644518?t=Sh2MYg_6tRSpuqGvleq5qg&s=19

• I lost coverage just after our first goal until half time so am claiming a 2-0 victory cos that’s what I saw!

Excellent exciting performance from us today against a decent side. We worried the life out of their defence. Roll on Tuesday COYB!