Skip to content

So in the end Mid-Table

Comments

• I have a hunch that PCH will be signing a two year deal with us in the summer. Milwall to release him on a free. No @rmjlondon "fact" style post, just a feeling.

• Hope you are not trying to steal Richy's thunder Ewan!

• I hope that hunch is right, and that he stays fit. I'd have thought a one year deal was more likely with his injury record.

• @EwanHoosaami . PCH still has another year on his contract at Millwall, so i'm pretty sure the Lions will have to offer him a generous settlement/payoff as no doubt his salary is considerably higher than what will be offered here.

• @ChasHarps Understand where you're coming from, but sometimes an "unhappy marriage" is best settled quickly & amicably as possible. Millwall won't be as poor as us and I think a two year deal , which appears to be a trend with us if the player is/has a decent record, may compensate PCH enough. Like most on here though, it's his "glass ankles" that worry me and some form of caveat related to injuries might be placed with his contract?

• bring in some decent signings and get promoted to league one and stay there sounds good

• From the keeper, build and play the ball from the back instead of hoofing upfield and then the front players hound out where it lands.

If deck football a few young creative Saunder'ess types in midfield who can play a number 10 or uptop and give us attacking options ofc get up and down.

• Would love to see pch back in a blue shirt again.

• Fair chance you will - but preferably light and dark blue quarters rather than the blue of Millwall!

• Bit disappointing at the end after a brilliant fast half of the season. But the club has no money or resources so well done to Gareth and the boys, despite that, for keeping us up for another season!

• I would certainly thank the players for their efforts over the season it can't be easy turning up each week not knowing what the game plan is going to be it would be much better to stick to a plan,put the players in the positions they best play at and let them get on with the job they are paid to do? The way things are going at the moment it must be most frustrating. As regards the GPS (if it's true) needs serious tweaking the GPS in my car always gets me to my goal!!.

• I think it would be well worthwhile for the club to publish something in the match programme (or whether else it might be read) about the use to which the GPS data is put. This was explained to us at a recent meeting to which all fans were invited and the range of uses to which the data is put was something of an eye-opener.

• Bit disappointing at the end after a brilliant fast half of the season. But the club has no money or resources so well done to Gareth and the boys, despite that, for keeping us up for another season!

and most clubs have no money in the football league as well

• edited April 2016

Well done Trevor for pointing that out! Well done you!

• Didn't think it was that fast.

• Mid table is about right considering we have lost a 1/3rd of our League games.

• So what will it be next season the same again or worse .The aleged mony problem will not improve over a year or two but if we can see better football it should help the clubs income I will be happy to buy a cup of tea to help.

• Steady on! It's £2 a cup.

• Perhaps the profit from my cup could go towards the cost of fuel for somebody to look around the clubs in the area for potential talent it could be better than getting loan players in who probably aren't keen to come to us anyway.

• Ok, good thread. At the match for my first since Villa (A) I have an idea of what we need more and less of. @Ciderk1d hit the proverbial, we need to depart from the (to me obviously istructed) tendency for the midfield to attempt what can best be described as looping passes to the forwards; keeping the ball on the deck and widening our ranks is paramount both for entertainment value and goal scoring potential.

Mid table was about right, small squad and injury tolls told in the last third of the season. Whatever the personnel, set up not to lose can be boring at times (eg. for 90mins on Saturday arvo) so we can realistically hope for a more confident playing style, moving the ball to feet and not just an attempt at looping it over the oppo's defence, Accy dealt with that all game and I reckon most defences would.

On a side note, the Barmy Army sing their hearts out positively when they can it seems, resorting to ironic chants about local rivals and five year plans when there's f*ck all left to sing about! The difference in 'crowd performance' between the last two matches I attended was immense, totally understandable and in fact warranted; the former we had a tangible chance at progressing in the cup and the latter... Not a lot.

Onwards and upwards, COYB!!!!

• I agree about using the width of the park...shame he narrowed the pitch

• @micra said:
    I think it would be well worthwhile for the club to publish something in the match programme (or whether else it might be read) about the use to which the GPS data is put. This was explained to us at a recent meeting to which all fans were invited and the range of uses to which the data is put was something of an eye-opener.

There's an interesting article on the BBC about wearable tech and data in sport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36036742

• 5 day late correction to my original post (!) - line 3 should have read "...wherever....". Thanks Chris - that article covers most of what GA said about use of GPS technology at the meeting. I stopped reading when it moved on to rugby. I played once at school 66 years ago and stupidly caught the ball and ran with it - but not fast enough. I can still feel as if it was yesterday the sensation of hitting the deck and seeing stars when some oversized 12-year-old bulldozed me to the ground. But what really happened yesterday was that I ran from mowing the grass to answer the phone, tripped on a step and fell headlong on to concrete paving. Only real damage is to one hand which is now like a small ham. The call was from 'er indoors whose sympathetic response was to ask why I hadn't taken the phone out with me. What really hurts is that I've had to cancel golf tomorrow.

• @micra Looking on the bright side I suppose you can put your feet up while Mrs Micra mows the grass until your hand is better.

• I like that! Some chance!
    Just got back from Minor Everything Unit. Advised 3-4 hours wait. Decided to give it a miss. Even if broken, I've never seen a hand in plaster so back to frozen peas and paracetamol (a very tasty combination).

• @micra - management for a fractured hand is a cast so I would get yourself back down to the A&E/minor injury unit!

• Thanks @X_Ray_Scotty . I'm actually planning to go down to MIIU very early in the morning. Fingers crossed - oh cripes, that hurts.

• Well you've been a good horse but I am afraid its time for glue now........

• Don't like the sound of that @DevC. To be honest I haven't a clue what it means but, thinking on my feet as I type, could it be a literary allusion to a rocking horse virtually beyond repair? Yes, that must be it. I can relate to that!

• Sounds like the drugs they prescribed are kicking in.