Skip to content

Home game v Accy

If the next two games results make it no longer possible for us to make the play offs.
Would it not be a good idea to freshen the squad up against Accy, who can still pip the PNL for an automatic spot ?
A little suggestion, for those who never witnessed Baz Richardson's heroics at Home Park, can Gaz allow the Adams
Park faithful to pay homage to Baz, by selecting him, up front alongside Gaz,Thommo and Hayes forwhat would surely be the oldest forward line in FL history.
Obviously squad players like Liburd,Ugwe,sellers etc should be tried in different positions, eg full backs and holding midfield role.
Therefore to enable us to field our strongest team possible for the following weeks fixture at the Stade de 3 sides.

Comments

• I hear Jerell Sellars always wanted to be a centre back.

• He's already been pencilled in as Keeper, as Villa have asked to find out about
    his glovesman abilities, in case their keeper is dismissed next season.
    I had earmarked 'One armed Bloomers' for the centrehalf spot, so it gives
    him a chance to win a new contract. Obviously appealing for offsides may be a problem,
    so suggest defending as deep as the six yard box will be the game plan that day.

• I'd like to see Bill Turnbull attacking the left flank, and Henning Wehn pushing up on the right.

• I would like to see Steve Hayes standing in the temporary goal while we are firing in shots in the warm up.

• He should be safe there!

• @mooneyman I'd prefer some form of punishment.

• I'd put Dr. Who in goal.

• yes lets do that and loose all our integrity as a club, very good suggestion.

• @mooneyman said:
    I would like to see Steve Hayes standing in the temporary goal while we are firing in shots in the warm up.

He'd need to be stood on top of the stand to achieve the desired effect. Or at least on the terrace.

• @rmjlondon said -"yes lets do that and loose all our integrity as a club, very good suggestion"
    Err... I don't think you are supposed to be taking it that seriously. Get a life!

• Also, "lose". As in loser.

• gaz won't give up on playoffs until wimbledon win the game in hand or don't as the case maybe, if they win it portsmouth could be hanging onto 7th by there fingertips

• To be fair to rmj, I wouldn't put Dr Who in goal either...

• In all seriousness How well have Accrington Done! John Coleman is a miracle worker.

• I have it on very good authority that Accrington have a very wealthy benefactor. They couldn't afford the squad they have on gate money, food and drink alone. (Those of you who follow the Fans' Facebook page will know who the source is.)

• Why don't you just say it's Alan Parry?

• Two quid for a tea adds up

• edited April 2016

Lynch (EDIT :BAZ)
    Sido, Pierre, Stewart, JJ
    Harriman, Hayes, Bean, Wood
    Blooms, Gaz
    Why not?

• Because Lynch is still recovering from injury isn't he?

• Apart from the opportunity to relieve the Hayes/Thompson dream team from their goal scoring duties would be nice to give the lad from Villa a run out in goal .

• Mr67 i would rather back my dead grandmother to score than those two.