Skip to content

How's your productivity...?

Anyone actually doing any work today?

Comments

• It's like making kids go to school on Christmas Eve isn't it?

• I'm self-employed and have a big deadline today and have no hope of getting it done. More worryingly our local lucky magpie hasn't been around today.

• Pretty much forgot I'm supposed to be working! Thankfully I'm fairly quiet today for the first time in a while. Plenty of time to browse match previews etc.

• I’ve just posted on our SMT chat that I’m giving up the pretence and taking the afternoon off as annual leave

• Between the rain, fretting about the weather and getting excited about tomorrow my productivity and motivation (other than to get to the match) is close to zero; oh and I'm retired so only have the jobs to do that I set myself...

• I've managed to make two cups of tea

• Very little today. Then started watching Wanderers TV. Then thought ‘fuck it, rain has stopped, I’m going to go and buy a scarf’.

Purchased!

Now doing F all again 😂

• Less than 24hrs until KO now too...

• https://twitter.com/hannafree1/status/1527651963860570113?s=21&t=fUqesPPao7sD63AE81C5EA

Spent a long time trying to zoom in to see whether Anis is wearing a protective boot. Neither Hanlan or Thommo appear to be though.

• Mehmeti was celebrating on the pitch without one at MK wasn't he?

• Was watching GA's interview on Wanderers TV yesterday and he said he had a fully fit squad to choose from, with the players who missed out against MK now available. Ok, I take that with a pinch of salt, but would be great to have Mehmeti and Hanlan as options, even if only on the bench. I do wonder if he is fit, whether GA would look to start with Mehmeti. I'd have thought it unlikely, but it would be a very useful surprise to spring on Sunderland.

• I would love to see Mehmeti and Hanlan at some point, though it would be cruel on anyone to miss out from the current stable side. We have worked wonders with a weakened team (creatively), but it also looks so balanced. It is amazing to think that after being such a lightning rod at times, Horgan may well start one of the most significant games in the club's history, and deservedly so.

I do think that with the lack of goals from Horgs, Gape and Scowen, this side relies heavily on Vokes and McLeary for goals, with the need for defenders to pop up every now and again too. The side does lend itself to lower scoring affairs (and looking at our recent results, that is supported). Mehmeti and/or Mustard, should they come on, would provide another very distinct avenue.

• I like Horgan, but if Mehmeti is even nearly fit he has to start.

• You don't start a player in one of the biggest matches in your history unless they're 100% fit, which Mehmeti won't be from what I've gathered.

• There's an argument that if a player is slightly suspect but you want to try them or give them minutes it's better to start them or you risk taking up two substitutions if you have to take them off

• Who was it Bloomfield came on for in the Southend game after only a few minutes? Was it Sam Saunders.

After that experience not sure they’ll take a similar chance tomorrow.

If Mehmeti or Hanlan (hopefully both) are available think it really increases our chances with the extra options it gives us though!

On thread topic, thought my productivity this morning was pretty good in circumstances, but it’s nose dived this afternoon!

• Definitely over Horgan. He's only got one goal this season (Morecambe's keeper basically dropped it in). Mehmeti is a huge threat. His last game before injury away at Cambridge was the best we've played this season, and perhaps the best I've ever seen us play under Ainsworth

• edited May 2022

Why on earth would we drop Horgan with the form he's in?!

• FWIW I know a Sunderland fan who went to both games this season and he is praying that Mehmeti is still out of the side.

• 100% on that, On different occasions JJ might be the one to miss out if we have a bit of a change around but we won't know if Mehmeti will be fit until 2pm anyway and I think it's unlikely Gaz will suddenly go gung ho. The defensive unit has done brilliantly recently under extreme pressure

• A few seconds more like.

We'd have won that day if Sam hadn't got injured

• If all are fit, it's an unchanged team with firepower from the bench, I'm certain of it. And I can't really argue, excited as I would be to see Mehmeti, Horgan and McCleary line up behind Vokes!

• Can't see Mehmeti starting over Horgan. Horgs has been pivotal in our improvement and links up well with the other forwards. Would be a huge risk to bring in a probably not fully fit Mehmeti for him.

Possibly he would start over Obita, as it's him (after Hanlan was injured) who's been playing in his position anyway. Again, I'd think that unlikely given that Obita can help out JJ defensively.

• Agree with @YorkExile . If they are frightened of Mehmeti that's all well and good. But the team who set about MK in the first leg will do for me.

• https://twitter.com/SchoolWycombe/status/1527588153225359360?t=D-ofziU6o7diwnJ_hvi6Xw&s=19

This and the college and the schools, ten minutes on Wycombe's Twitter timeline today and you'd be forgiven for going off and having a little cry, special club, special people, hope this brings them to many more, hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow and see you all at Elland Road.

• I know it's cliche but a non football person just asked me how the game might go tomorrow and it was really nice to be able to say that we were basically reliant on the fact that whoever we pick they will die for the shirt, and that's an advantage

• I don't have butterflies, I have thunderdragons.

• I managed to walk slowly to the kitchen and hack off some cheese.