Skip to content

'The Wonder of Wycombe' series

13»

Comments

• @micra said:

@Steve_Peart said:
    I might have to tie my very faded Wanderers satin scarf from the '70s, to my wrist.

Comes to something when even a scarf no longer fits.

On the age thing, one of our oldest fans (late eighties) still sports a reasonably recent replica shirt and, up to early season 2019-20 at least (haven’t observed them yet this season) mahogany bronzed legs.
    On the same table in the Woodland Lounge at that time was a gentleman who still plays cricket for Bucks Over 70s. You’ll be fine for at least another 30 - 40 years @Malone !

No guarantees in this game oldest son.
    Have to enjoy the current, without being selfish enough for that to be the sole purpose.

• I was really only reinforcing your implication that you’re never too old to wear the gear, pop.

• Fireworks BEFORE kick-off??? Definitely not bringing the dog.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Fireworks BEFORE kick-off??? Definitely not bringing the dog.

Feels like a 'Mark Austin moment' is a very real possibility.

Why has no-one thought of daylight fireworks before?

• edited September 2021

That's an open invitation for the away fans to mercilessly mock us if ever I saw one. The mind boggles.

• Anyone who has attended a T20 match will be aware it is perfectly possible to do fireworks in daylight.

Whether you’d want to is a different matter.

• I don't mind them as long as there will be a drum banging out of time as they go off.

• I know it's not for me and all that, but it does seem like gilding the lily. We've got a really good football team competing at a historically stratospheric level. Let it play (preferably on a Saturday at 3pm) and people will come and watch.

• 'I'm a ninja and a turtle' David Stockdale 2021

I can't make the Charlton game but would love it if we could get a 'David Stockdale ninja turtle' chant going to the tune of the theme song.