Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

1234568»

Comments

• @micra said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    I always enjoyed an O’Neill repost to an over-excited BFP reader.

I received a riposte after referring (in a letter to the BFP) to an allegation that several players had been clubbing in Bournemouth the night before a game at Dean Court which we lost.

Was that the 94/95 season ?
    The team hotel was just over the road from the pub/club called Poets corner.
    The back room staff, popped out for a quiet late drink and discovered the Poets was ram packed with partying Wanderers fans. Then a strippergram appeared with the whippy cream all over her lady bumps.
    I remember the late great Johnny Reardon enjoying himself and he couldnt believe the amount of Wanderers fans in the venue, the night before a game.
    We lost 2 nil the next day !!

• We did. Referee Paul Rejer falling for Jason Brissett's horrific diving antics.

Martin O'Neill was sent to the stands and if I remember correctly a certain Alan Parry was seen hurling...erm..."advice" in the direction of the referee as he was was ordering the then Wycombe boss from the dugout.

That footage is on the end of season video

• That must been the one @ChasHarps but, to be fair, you don’t mention players specifically.

• There were no players in attendance.
    Just coaches, physio etc.
    Not even Sir Martin.

• Alan Parry questioning the decision of a referee @eric_plant ? All your Christmasses come at once? :smile:

• I can assure you I was hurling "advice" myself from the terrace that day

• I took a neutral non-football friend to that Smith Peterborough farce.

He was bemused by the whole thing. I had to explain afterwards that it wasn’t like that every week!

• Talking about end of the season videos if you watch “beam us up Scotty” you can see my youthful head floating behind the players as they celebrate in front of the terrace.

• @micra said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    I always enjoyed an O’Neill repost to an over-excited BFP reader.

I received a riposte after referring (in a letter to the BFP) to an allegation that several players had been clubbing in Bournemouth the night before a game at Dean Court which we lost.

I always believed they had been out celebrating Paul Hyde’s birthday the night before. The performance seemed to reflect a certain lethargy. Although to be fair, I didn’t feel particularly great myself so only have hazy recollections