Skip to content

Match day thread: Rotherham

Comments

• Think we were 2 up vs Cardiff so only the second time

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    First two goal lead in a league game this season?

Cardiff at home.

• I don’t think the wind can be behind Wycombe. You can see from the shadows that Wycombe are facing north, broadly the wind direction.

• @Malone said:
    Celebrated that McCarthy goal unlike any goal we've scored for a few months! A 2-0 lead!!!

Lol so did I!

• Is this our highest ever league position?

• Really like McCarthey at right wing back he’s got great energy going forward.

• Love Mehmeti, but hope he learns to pass instead of taking 6 extra touches before August.

• @floyd said:

@ReadingMarginalista said:
    First two goal lead in a league game this season?

Cardiff at home.

So we were. Feels like a long time ago now!

• Great first half, took our chances well.

We just need to avoid dropping too deep defensively which we did towards the end of the half.

COYB

• We did very well to see off quite a few dangerous crosses and some superb defending from Grimmer too.

JJ off is a blow, but at least Stewart's height should help with the set pieces.

• Fantastic going forwards, shaky at the back but somehow still not conceded.
    JJ going off injured has put a spanner in the works if Gareth wanted to change the system, however, I’m sure Grimmer could go left back.
    Can’t believe our three left footed defenders are all out injured.
    On Adeniran, I’m reasonably certain he has had a back injury for last few months and this was being nursed through. He looks to be over it now and back to full fitness. I don’t think he was really dropped or out of favour for too many of the games he was missing. Appreciate he’s been on the bench during this time.

• A long and arduous 45mins coming up! We've been hanging on at times, but have looked dangerous on the break. Get the feeling we may need a 3rd, as Rotherham will go at us all guns blazing. Stewart may help us aerially though.

• Mehmeti off then, looking at the ifollow pics of him sitting there looking displeased in the stands!

• Not sure if you saw it on ifollow, but GA came and consoled a quite fed up looking Mehmeti who was sat in his tracksuit in the stands.

• @drcongo said:
    Is this our highest ever league position?

No (not yet anyway). We were ahead of Derby and Wednesday early doors.

• I enjoy Muskwe more in every game I see - really do hope we get him on a season long loan next season or even negotiate a permanent signing with a percentage of sale to Leicester

• @Commoner said:
    Fantastic going forwards, shaky at the back but somehow still not conceded.
    JJ going off injured has put a spanner in the works if Gareth wanted to change the system, however, I’m sure Grimmer could go left back.
    Can’t believe our three left footed defenders are all out injured.
    On Adeniran, I’m reasonably certain he has had a back injury for last few months and this was being nursed through. He looks to be over it now and back to full fitness. I don’t think he was really dropped or out of favour for too many of the games he was missing. Appreciate he’s been on the bench during this time.

He definitely had an injury. But it seems to have stretched for a hell of a long time, and he was on the bench quite a few times too.

At least he's back now and looking lively.

Ofoborh is the one that looks an odd signing now. A clamour for him to come back, but he's barely had a snifty.

• Nice touch from GA to go up into the stand and put an arm round Mehmeti’s shoulder.

• Is it me, or was that last Rotherham corner placed at least a ball's width outside the corner semi circle?!

• Didn’t see it, sorry but I’m getting irritated by comments that we’re playing into the wind! It is definitely coming from a northerly quarter.

• They are there @micra? Do you think they can't feel where the wind is coming from?

• @Malone said:
    Is it me, or was that last Rotherham corner placed at least a ball's width outside the corner semi circle?!

Yes. Well outside.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    They are there @micra? Do you think they can't feel where the wind is coming from?

I do indeed. The flight of the ball, as well as the position of the sun demonstrate that.

• @micra said:
    Didn’t see it, sorry but I’m getting irritated by comments that we’re playing into the wind! It is definitely coming from a northerly quarter.

It’s odd. Stadium points north-easterly and the wind is a north-westerly but the flags are telling a different story at pitch level.

• Coventry 2-0 up vs Bristol City is a slight dampener.

• @micra said:

@prufrock_91 said:
    They are there @micra? Do you think they can't feel where the wind is coming from?

I do indeed. The flight of the ball, as well as the position of the sun demonstrate that.

I'm with @arnos_grove here. The way the flags are blowing suggests the wind is blowing the way the people who are there are saying.

• Sitting at the back of the stand you can feel the wind but it’s not the same as in the open space of the pitch.

• @micra said:
    Didn’t see it, sorry but I’m getting irritated by comments that we’re playing into the wind! It is definitely coming from a northerly quarter.

Steady oldest chap.

You're reminding me of doing a race in Portsmouth years back, and someone who'd watched on tv had the cheek of telling me how windy it was and from what direction :D

• Did someone say Obita is injured too? What’s his injury / how long out for etc?

• @micra said:

@prufrock_91 said:

You can judge the direction of the wind from the position of the sun?

Everyday's a school day ;)