Skip to content

Lots of FA Cup matches this Saturday

If, like me, you’re watching Wycombe v Rotherham on ifollow you may want to catch some live football afterwards. There are lots of FA Cup matches locally to whet your appetite. Might be worth taking in one of these:

Holmer Green v Highworth Town
Flackwell Heath v Cirencester Town
Risborough Rangers v Winslow United
Marlow v North Leigh
Leverstock Green v Burnham
Kidlington v Thame United
Binfield v AFC Totton

All matches start at 3pm & will have a result on the day. As far as I can ascertain spectators are allowed at all these games.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Risborough Rangers 2-1 Winslow United.

In a fairly even first half, Aaron King gave the visitors the lead on 32 minutes, a volley smashed high into the net after a good passing movement down the left wing. After the break Rangers took control, equalised on 61 when Brian Haule nodded home on the line. With Winslow tiring, the winner came on 90+2 when captain Joel Read shot home close in, following a corner. A deserved win for the lower ranked team, although after being unbeaten in the league last season, I had a feeling they would win.

A very noisy crowd of 280, huge for Risborough and boosted by many from Winslow, contributed to a very good atmosphere. The two teams meet again on Saturday at Winslow, in the Vase.

• Didnt go... but Holmer Green lost 2-0

• Other results:

Flackwell Heath 0 Cirencester Town 3
    Leverstock Green 1 Burnham 4
    Aylesbury United 3 Long Crendon 0
    Risborough Rangers 2 Winslow United 1
    Holmer Green 0 Highworth Town 2
    Kidlington 1 Thame United 0
    Marlow 2 North Leigh 0
    Binfield 5 AFC Totton 1