Skip to content

Championship to start September 12th

2»

Comments

• Interesting that @Lloyd2084 should make a point about singing - just now watching the J1 Leage game Consadole Sapporo playing FC Tokyo in the Sapporo Dome and only applause is permitted. The game is in Week 6 of the season, week 5 was the first since March, because of a covid break. The ground holds around 41000 for football and 5000 fans were permitted in. Sapporo's average home attendance is around 19000

Drinks breaks and 5 substitutes as in the covid English game.

Spectators are masked and scattered, looks like a minimum of one empty seat and one empty row apart. It looked possible to sit in the middle of an empty block if you so desired. The commentator says about the atmosphere, "It is football, but not as we know it". I am a bit surprised that there is no clapping in unison.

0 - 0 after 35 mins and I would put the standard around that of Norwich. Commentator says, "Unimpressive so far, but don't give up on it yet." and just now "Pace of the game is much slower, but you can't blame the players, it's not their fault there is no atmosphere"

• @railwaysteve said:
    Interesting that @Lloyd2084 should make a point about singing - just now watching the J1 Leage game Consadole Sapporo playing FC Tokyo in the Sapporo Dome and only applause is permitted. The game is in Week 6 of the season, week 5 was the first since March, because of a covid break. The ground holds around 41000 for football and 5000 fans were permitted in. Sapporo's average home attendance is around 19000

Drinks breaks and 5 substitutes as in the covid English game.

Spectators are masked and scattered, looks like a minimum of one empty seat and one empty row apart. It looked possible to sit in the middle of an empty block if you so desired. The commentator says about the atmosphere, "It is football, but not as we know it". I am a bit surprised that there is no clapping in unison.

0 - 0 after 35 mins and I would put the standard around that of Norwich. Commentator says, "Unimpressive so far, but don't give up on it yet." and just now "Pace of the game is much slower, but you can't blame the players, it's not their fault there is no atmosphere"

This sounds diabolical.

• Imagine trying to stop people shouting in our games!

• Quite. You can’t reasonably ask fans attending to keep quiet. Imagine having to try to enforce that with grumpy old men, let alone the limbs crew.

If we mask up, I’d say it’s pretty safe to bellow away.

• Ah the limbs crew.

They had to literally shut a massive bit of the terrace off to stop them all crowding it, then slamming old people and kids into the barriers.

"if you don't like it, don't stand there"

• The Sapporo Bill Turnbull must be having a hard time!

• Into added time now and the commentator has been unimpressed with the atmosphere all game.
    Consadole scored just before half time and there was a shout (not a roar) from the crowd. It was the only shout of the game, not a peep from any Bill Turnbull equivalent, FC Tokyo equalised on 86 mins and there was absolute silence. There was a Matt Blomfield character, the Consadole Captain supported them as a youngster and has played for them since 2008.

The players do celebrate less than in the English game.

Game finished 1 - 1. Teams are currently 2nd and 7th in the J1 League. I would have fancied Wycombe to score against either side on their 2nd half performances.

• UK Sports Minister confident of safe return to stadiums for spectators: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53571652

This doesn't add a huge amount that wasn't already known. But does seem to confirm that the government's message is still that spectators will return from October, with venues adhering to various precautionary measures and limited capacity.

• I can't help but feel the announcements today make it far less likely that we'll be back at Adams Park in October. Or maybe that more than 1000 of us will be. Hope I'm wrong...

• @Last_Quarter said:
    I can't help but feel the announcements today make it far less likely that we'll be back at Adams Park in October. Or maybe that more than 1000 of us will be. Hope I'm wrong...

Worth remembering that an announcement one week can be followed by a u turn the week after.
    Today's news on test events being cancelled does feel like the Government telling off the wrong people.
    Have they stopped beach access today?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Last_Quarter said:
    I can't help but feel the announcements today make it far less likely that we'll be back at Adams Park in October. Or maybe that more than 1000 of us will be. Hope I'm wrong...

Worth remembering that an announcement one week can be followed by a u turn the week after.
    Today's news on test events being cancelled does feel like the Government telling off the wrong people.
    Have they stopped beach access today?

Pubs Safe
    Shops and Offices Safe
    Long haul flights sat next to strangers Safe
    Theatres Bad
    Football Unthinkable

• Current government guidelines clearly state 'whatever happens from now on is all YOUR fault' and will remain so until Virus is done.