Skip to content

Comments

• You wouldn't begrudge him the move - it's inevitable sooner or later - but he will leave a huge hole. Donacien might be the short term answer to injury problems but I doubt he's the solution to a permanent loss. Interesting to see what moves GA will make; hopefully he might be able to spend a little of the fee we get for Aaron.

• If we lost Aaron in the next few weeks I believe we would say goodbye to a play off place, he is that good and that important to the team. He's such a cracking fella as well. Would be gutted in the extreme if he left.

• Agreed, hopefully any deal would include us keeping him for the season so that we have time to find a replacement! I have confidence in both Stewart and Rowe, but with Stewart injured until Christmas...

• bloody hell that's ridiculously defeatist - get a grip

• This time, I really hope we are in a position to make 'em pay and pay upfront. Forget add ons, appearance monies and future international appendages, just plain old hard wonga that we can use straight away.

• Realistically I think we'll give him assurances we'll sell him in January if he wants to go but he needs to stay until Stewart gets back and gives us time to find a replacement

• We have to sell to survive and he is a great player so he will go sooner rather than later but we need some real money for him. Donacien may be the answer but he needs to show a vast improvement from his first game.
    I really hope we can hang onto Pierre but if not, we should use any monies received to bring in two real good class loanees.
    I also feel that Matt Ingram will be a target in this window, and again, he deserves to get a chance at a higher level.
    The club have done a real great job bringing on the youngsters and I am sure the coaching team can do the same with the likes of Rowe, Sellers etc.

• I've got a feeling that Ingram's injury at the end of last season means that he will be here for the rest of this one.

• I don't begrudge him a move at all, but I would hate to see Aaron go as he is as good a player as we've had for a long time. And he is obviously enjoying being at AP. I think he would stay and hope to see us up unless some mega deal came along. I suppose Mawson going straight into the first team means players might not be worried about being bench fodder if they go. Hopefully we'll get good money for him. I think it is harder for a keeper to be trusted to walk straight into a new team than an outfield player, so unless it was a big team that came in for Ingram, he might stay where he is first name on the teamsheet?

• Sincerely hope that any deal ensures Pierre remains here till end of the season.

And any deal means real monies I.e 150-250k minimum and no stupid transfer add-ons.

But I hope this is a ruse tbfh.

• I think 400/500k would be the sort of deal we would
    be looking at should he go

• Todays newspapers are tomorrows chip papers. Its just a "guff story". While it is very likely that clubs are monitoring Aaron Pierre (he is a highly promising player) but somehow I doubt a local rag has much idea which ones are seriously interested.

There is a pretty good chance that Pierre will be elsewhere before the start of next season, maybe as soon as this weekend. But with the transfer window having limited meaning for lower level clubs (clubs could loan him with a view to a transfer in a couple of weeks time anyway), I suggest not quite time to panic yet.

if a decent offer came in, we'd take it of course. It would damage the team but thats the reality of our situation. We do not have the luxury of insisting on retaining him until Christmas or next summer.

oh and lets nail this nonsense about transfer add-ons - they are a great way of adding future value to a deal for a promising player.
    Which would you rather have £150k plus 20% of future transfer profit or £200k up front? Which would you rather have had for Phillips or Ibe or hopefully Hause etc etc?

And finally remember that Brentford had rights to a transfer fee when Pierre joined us, a transfer fee we were in no position to pay. highly likely that they are on a substantial proportion of any on-sale.

• Good point re Brentford, @DevC ; kind of makes your other point about transfer add-ons.

• I suspect if the local paper got the scoop it might be someone at WWFC whispering in their ear. Letting the record state there are a few extra clubs sniffing about Pierre might see an increased bid from one to see off the competition...

• @DevC I am still peed off about the Phillips transfer saga, that's why I said make em pay today and forget the futures market if we are in a position to do so!

• Get Bucks is a joke so no reason to worry as they get fuck all right.

• Any player that has a decent run of form at our level and gets a bit of attention is bound to be linked to a host of Championship clubs who have had average starts. Is he ready for the IMMEDIATE step up. I think maybe a year short. He was excellent last year but in the shadow of Alfie. This year is his year to show he can boss that defence and then get the move he deserves and not just a move to the stiffs of a big club or struggling club.

• The Get Bucks story is just a complete copy of this page from the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-man-united-6321196 (scroll down to 12:16)

Both incorrectly attribute Pierre to being part of 2 clean sheets when we've already kept 3 this season.

Don't know about the validity of the story, but it's not the local paper who've got the scoop.

• According to Twitter - Nigel Adkins has "dismissed speculation" around signing Aaron Pierre

• I don't mind if they look....just don't want them touching

• Not sure the picture of Aaron is actually him - don't recall him wearing No 19 shirt and the hair looks wrong.