Skip to content

Forest Green fans leave ground after being told to mind their language

2»

Comments

• Any ideas about an alternative to 'We all ****ing hate Slough'?

• Chuffing

• @Wendoverman said:
    Next...kids who spend 90 minutes slamming a chair up and down while mother texts seemingly oblivious to the racket...

I know exactly who you mean. The mother was even encouraging the little bra... cherub.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Next...kids who spend 90 minutes slamming a chair up and down while mother texts seemingly oblivious to the racket...

I really wanted to batter that mother!!

• edited January 2020

I thought the club had stopped hot food during the game @EwanHoosaami, or were you planning to freelance?

• Battering during the game is permitted, it's the frying that has to wait until full time.

• I saw a number of gritted teeth and hard stares but as i was a block away i thought it would look strange if i shuffled along a row to complain when nobody else around them was! How she could concentrate to text the whole game with that racket right next to herself i will never know! ?

• It's sadly the very definite downside to the free under 12 policy. It seems to occur fairly regularly that very bored and uninterested young children are brought along to torment all those around, whilst the 'parents' ignore them whilst deep into social media or indeed the game. Once upon a time the rugrats were in the Beechdean and the Family stand (where I once was with my lads) but now it seems only the Terrace is pretty safe. Considering I was saying a while back that the club needed to do more to attract a younger fan base, I now feel I'm eating my words!

• I'd like them to attract a younger fan base interested in football, but I accept I'm old fashioned.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I saw a number of gritted teeth and hard stares but as i was a block away i thought it would look strange if i shuffled along a row to complain when nobody else around them was! How she could concentrate to text the whole game with that racket right next to herself i will never know! ?

Couldn't contain myself @Wendoverman and eventually did say something to the kid that was loud enough for the mother to hear. They moved 10 minutes into the second half as she appeared to not manage to stop the child for longer than three minutes at a time. The grandmother from halftime onwards kept giving me the evil eye, but I really couldn't give a monkeys. Must have been about 10 of them in the row in front of me, for a short while, I thought I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere and was on the set of the Jeremy Kyle show!

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I saw a number of gritted teeth and hard stares but as i was a block away i thought it would look strange if i shuffled along a row to complain when nobody else around them was! How she could concentrate to text the whole game with that racket right next to herself i will never know! ?

Couldn't contain myself @Wendoverman and eventually did say something to the kid that was loud enough for the mother to hear. They moved 10 minutes into the second half as she appeared to not manage to stop the child for longer than three minutes at a time. The grandmother from halftime onwards kept giving me the evil eye, but I really couldn't give a monkeys. Must have been about 10 of them in the row in front of me, for a short while, I thought I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere and was on the set of the Jeremy Kyle show!

Did they change grandmothers at half-time?

• To be fair, being force fed soya milk and quorn would be enough to make anyone angry

• It's tough when occasionals with many kids in tow rock up. One family (on two occasions this season) decided that it's fine to sit on the floor of the Vere right in the middle with no thought that this is probably a health and safety issue as well as pissing off most regulars who nearly trip over them on the way back from the real ale bar. Both times I thought sod it and said something, they looked at me like I'd just peed on their cornflakes and seemed confused as to why them sitting on the floor in amongst many folks walking around and drinking might be slightly irksome. They did move eventually to closer to the edge of the room and avoided any more near misses.