Skip to content

I wonder why the Couhig deal hasn't gone through yet

Comments

• Shouldnt be hard to locate the Furniture factory, thanks to Thatchers, de industrialisation of the UK.

• @eric_plant - Further mention of Mark Palmer makes me wonder whether he is the jinxing factor in the last four weeks. Was our form up to Burton all to do with Mark Palmer's Lucky Pants?

• Coincidence?

Don't make me laugh

• I wonder what percentage of such deals completes on Friday afternoons/evenings. never have understood why. Hopefully news later this evening.

• Just got an email from the club, a but about us wearing yellow, some stuff about Tom Kerridge, nothing about the takeover

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about

• I think the catering changes are a good sign things are progressing well. Maybe they're just waiting to sign Stephen Ireland and Aiden McGready to announce it all at once.

• A joint statement from Rob Couhig and Trevor Stroud

After three months of finalising the deal which will enable Feliciana EFL Ltd to take a majority share in Wycombe Wanderers, it was hoped that the situation would conclude this week.

While the bad news is that it will not be finished on our time schedule, it is proceeding reasonably quickly, particularly given the number of parties and agreements that must be completed. In addition to Rob Couhig and his investment vehicle, Feliciana EFL Ltd, there is Wycombe Wanderers Football Club, Wycombe Wanderers Trust, Frank Adams Legacy Limited, various lenders to the club, the owners of the training facility, and, of course, the EFL itself, who are all involved in these discussions. We are both confident that completion will take place fairly soon.

The really good news is that everyone is working cooperatively and no real issues of significance have arisen. While it is possible that it could have been finished in the next several days, we will have to take a small break in our work in order to allow Rob to have his hip replaced.

While he has tried Darius’s diet of mangoes and papaya, his doctor has told him it is time. In fact, he already delayed the surgery twice in the past two weeks in order to try to complete. It was impossible to put it off again and Rob will undergo surgery on Friday. He promises immediate recovery but science says it’s going to take a couple of weeks.

During this transition phase, we have continued to work collaboratively for the benefit of the club. With the help of the Trust, we were able to sign Darius last Friday. This week, we have worked with Gareth on possible additions to the squad. Importantly, with the assistance of Feliciana, we feel comfortable that our Salary Cap Management Protocol allowance has increased.

Pete has been fully engaged in all aspects of the club’s business and will continue to provide leadership and assistance to everyone involved with the club on and off the pitch.

Everyone remains encouraged and excited. We will let you know as matters proceed.

• What a bizarre statement. Stroud out of his depth / shooting his mouth again claiming early this week. I genuinely don’t know what the timeline is now??

• Depending on the need for Rob to be personally present it sounds like it'll be at least a couple of weeks. Which takes us thru the end of the transfer window.

• "No real issues of significance have arisen". Hmmm.

• Discussions with the owners of the training facility ?????

• "Various lenders to the club, the owners of the training facility... are all involved in these discussions."

I presume Trevor Stroud is referring to Ivor Beeks and his (erstwhile?) boss Andrew Howard here. I wonder what they're after.

• edited January 2020

Sounds like we've got ourselves a bit of wriggle room under the SCMP, so hopefully we get a little bit of business done fairly soon now!

• But it does say that our SCMP has increased , so hopefully gives us some opportunities to get individuals in. So not signing deal before the transfer window closes should not be an issue.

• Mmm. The hips don't lie

• Oh dear. Worried now.

• Maybe I’m missing something very obvious. What role are the ‘owners of the training ground,’ playing in all this?

• @floyd said:
    Maybe I’m missing something very obvious. What role are the ‘owners of the training ground,’ playing in all this?

They will have a new company as tenants I guess. Needs a new agreement.

• Rob Couhig may be fitter than I was when I had my right hip replaced at the same age (70) and surgical procedures have probably advanced over the last decade, especially perhaps in the States but two weeks to be fully mobile sounds extremely optimistic. (I was very active at that time, playing short tennis, table tennis, golf and ten pin bowling on a regular weekly basis and walking the dog daily but I think it was six weeks before I was allowed to drive and having to lie on your back at night is a pain - in the sense that it’s not the most comfortable position to remain in for six or seven hours.)

Mrs micra has also reminded me that flying carries a significant risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). We can only hope that all goes well for Rob and wish him a speedy recovery.

• edited January 2020

@floyd - The training ground owners are possibly trying to screw every penny out of the Couhigs.

• I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and that we're being told the full story

• Presumably any new business would need the deals to be underwritten by the Trust who are still owners at present. So any transfer or loan that comes with a fee is unlikely to get signed off would be my guess.

• After hip surgery , you cannot fly for 6-12 weeks. So if Rob needs to be present to sign documents we could be waiting some time.

• @eric_plant said:
    I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and that we're being told the full story

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• @micra ive known people in much worse shape than Rob have the same surgery and the two week timeframe seems realistic.

@mooneyman that is my suspicion.

• Regarding the documents, if the mountain won't come to Muhammad, Muhammad will have to go to the mountain!

• Two weeks to be able to do what @floyd ?
    I have to say I am more than a little intrigued!

• Im sure 'Honest Ivor' will only want, whats best for WWFC, any personal gain will be the furthest thing from his mind !!!!

• Oh dear, not another prolonged spell of heavy cynicism I hope.