Skip to content

Sam Saunders

Sam seems well out of the picture at Brentford. He is not even mentioned on their injured players list, or any squad details if not injured.
Let us hope we can get him back for a second spell.
Nico is currently injured with a severe dead-leg but he does appear to be getting in the match day squad when fit, so maybe less of a chance of getting him back again.

Comments

• I still think it's unlikely, but our current form can't hurt.

• I'm sure he'd rather be here playing football. Wages might be an issue though!

He tweeted recently about playing 70 minutes against Forest, maybe a Brentford reserves game?

• hopefully the budget had included for him at an early stage of the season

• Sam Saunders was highly over rated

• He would be our best midfielder.

• You're right, he was rubbish in the play-off final.

• b1ueh_w - you never fail to amaze me. Do you actually watch the games you attend?

• Hook, line and sinker.

• It's worth paying him even if he only plays 5 games this season.

He was absolutely a class above.

• edited August 2015

Final proof (if it was needed) that @blueh_w is indeed a troll. If all you're after is people to react incredulously to your posts then can I suggest you b*gger off and join the Facebook group.

That's just full of kids who think it's fun to constantly wind up other people and then just claim it's 'banter'. Either that or they put little fishing emojis followed by laughing ones because they're so 'hilarious'.

Actually you probably are one of them judging by the amount of 'shite' you post.

• Are @b1ueh_w and @blueh_w the same poster then? For me the first is a troll and the second an idiot.

• Right in the middle is right in the money I think.

• Sam Saunders is plus for me, even if he he plays 30-45 minutes.

• A fit Sam Saunders would be a great and welcome addition.
    Can he stay fit though? I'm not sure

• Ah yes well spotted @Right_in_the_Middle . I've fallen for the troll who is pretending to be the village idiot. Same sentiment still applies though...

And as for Saunders, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. A cut above most others in this division.

• oh piss off !

• Do you want b1ueh_w banned, @blueh_w? I can see why it would be annoying having someone pretend to be you. Your decision.

• Nico played last week in the Capital One cup when they were thumped by the PNL. He was subbed after 50 minutes in that game. I still think we would have a better chance of bringing him back in if we keep challenging at the top of the table.

• Ainsworth will get their loan man good and proper when the time is right.

I bet he'll be a gem of a signing.

• Saunders was absolute class for us, but given the utility players in the squad and how they can cover defence and midfield, I would guess that a nippy striker is the element we most obviously lack.

Obviously good ones are in short supply though so unless we get some higher-division kid in, we're unlikely to be able to afford someone of the right quality.

• there was a player meeting andrew howard and gareth ainsworth at morecambe, nobody seems to know who he is ....... he sat with danny rowe during the game.

• Loving the persistance @blueh_w . Not sure what you get out of it though. What are your motivations for making up so many stories in the vain hope one of them comes off. This one is a vague as vague could possibly be.

• @Right_in_the_Middle I think he is taking the "stopped clock tells the right time twice a day" approach.

• Plenty of people saw it they clearly dont post here

• Superfan being one of them ^^^^

• FWIW my guess is that in accordance with the 5 year plan the board and GA will wait to see where we are in January and only then will they consider the investment in quality Championship players like Sam or Nico.

• Investment ??? We don't pay even half of the wages, Sam Saunders is rumoured to be on 6 or 7k a week, which is probably 5 times more than we pay any player here.

• Sam Saunders was a class above for us last season. The 2 Plymouth matches he was outstanding, and we'd be playing League One football now if he didn't go off after 3 seconds of the play-off final.
    If we have the chance to take him back, we should snap Brentford's hand off for him.

• I have a feeling he will be back by Christmas