Skip to content

The Opposition View - Morecambe

The views of Jim Bentley and some familiar bitterness from defeated fans.

http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=410010

Comments

• Bloody hell its getting boring, A team thats well drilled, tough who know how to grind out a result as well as win games...maybe those other teams should look to us a way to get results, low crowds, low budget, almost no more, yet we win games, a gnats twat from promotion last season..well feck'em. COYB.

• edited August 2015

Do we have much to fear going into our next two games except complacency?

A Dag and Red side who have started atrociously, and a Crawley side who look like they are going to struggle, rather than bounce back up to League 1.

Looking even further forward, Hartlepool look like they could be a real threat this year under Ronnie Moore, but we turned over Plymouth twice in two games at the end of last season.

• nothing to fear as such but we'd do well to remember that pretty much anyone can beat anyone in this league. I wouldn't read much into league position, especially at this stage of the season

• @bill_stickers;

' Do we have much to fear going into our next two games except complacency?

A Dag and Red side who have started atrociously, and a Crawley side who look like they are going to struggle, rather than bounce back up to League 1.'

Which virtually guarantees nil points from the next 2 games...

• Despite our results we've not exactly set the League alight with our performances so far. Not that I'm complaining!

• I agree with you @Will_i_ams one comment was "boring, anti-football opposition" I know football fans see things from a biased point of view time to time which I of course am guilty of also, but surely we have one of the best footballing sides in the division.

• @BSE I know it is early days, but I think our football was probably more attractive last season when we had Mawson playing balls out from the back, Fred on the wing, and Saunders and Nico dictating play in the centre.

• How did McGinn play last night? He has been touted as the one who will get his foot on the ball and try to pass it around.

I still think we're missing that creative midfielder to carry the ball in the middle, I think O'Nien still has a way to go.

• Not that involved in the game really, but it was a tough game for all of the midfielders to make a positive impact.

I agree we are one high quality midfielder away from a great team.

• McGinn was like a little boy lost in the 1st half and I was hoping for Bloomfield to come on but he raised it and had a good 2nd half.