Skip to content

WHC Sunderland (h)

2»

Comments

• Wycombe 1 Sunderland 3

• Why is it that ever game these days feels like ‘a season defining game’? But it does.
    1-1

• Wyc 0 sun 2

• Wycombe 0 - 2 Sunderland

• Wycombe 2-2 Sunderland

• Ok, flattery and sincerity I suppose @Ned_Ludd ! (See crowd forecast thread.)

• Wycombe 4-2 Sunderland ... she's gone crazy!

• 2-1 to us.

• Wycombe Wanderers 1 Sunderland 0

• Looking good for you @thedieharder !
    Not sure post-teamsheet predictions are eligible though.

• @micra said:
    Looking good for you @thedieharder !
    Not sure post-teamsheet predictions are eligible though.

How do you know what the match will be like judging on the team sheets? I mean football is unpredictable so I believe it does not really make a difference.

• But thank you for the compliment @micra

• Perhaps mistakenly, I thought there was a cut-off an hour before kick-off. Perhaps that applies to the attendance prediction which would be more logical of course but still a bit arbitrary.

• I've sometimes regretted not being able to change my prediction after watching Dobbo supervise a pre-game drill where 20 or 30 shots miss the goal and hammer into the back row of the terrace.

• Shooting is a dying art, especially in wartime.

• Just to clear this up @micra and @thedieharder, there are a couple of differences in rules between "my" score prediction game and @railwaysteve crowd game.

I allow predictions right up to kickoff - if you want to judge the teams selected fine with me. railway imposes an hour cut off to stop I suppose people looking around at the crowd (or at Accy on a wet tuesday counting them).

I allow changes in predictions, Railway takes your first go. Not sure there is a lot of logic on either side - it just is.

Many a time I have been minding my own business in Darkest Devon at 2.50 when I have been smacked on the back of the head with a WWFC branded football. I assume thats when Dobbo has been doing his pre-match shooting drill to which @Wendoverman refers.