Skip to content

Doesn’t look very good for Bury

1235»

Comments

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    @Jonny_King Those are truly eye-watering losses, I dread to think what inflated wages Rovers are paying out to be losing that much on 8,000 crowds.
    WWFC living within our means might not be popular, but with teams around us going into administration and seemingly teetering on the edge, it surely has to be the right course of action.

Agreed. I feel if we can ride the storm, we’ll be good ina few years.

• Things are always moving in one direction or another, and in football it is getting harder for the lower leagues, not easier. It is impossible to guess where we will be in ten years, but I hope we can break even and weather the storm! Much as we love to mock rivals, the thought of clubs around us going bust is awful.

• The question is however how bad will the storm be? We shouldn’t be that smug as it’s clear we’ve also been living beyond our means for the last few years, albeit a lot more restrained than others. Our problem is that without a ‘sugar-daddy’ owner, where do we go if/when the banks/taxman cometh?

But at least we are trying to do the right thing unlike some others.

• I see us very much in the middle ground in terms of league finances. Not able to compete with those with stable financial ownership but very much better off than those with owners who have lost interest or run out of cash.
    More financial investment just means more losses on a P&L more debts to pay. Fine when the cash is there. Setting a budget based on that input causes a massive problem when the cash in stops.
    For us we either stay as we are or seek that stable investor. Both have risks don't they

• I see Bury's main sponsor is Tappit whose tagline is "The Cashless Experience"....oh, the irony.

• Weren't Brighton sponsored by SKINT during times of financial difficulty?

• That break they orchestrated half way into the half was the most blatant thing ever.

• Interesting to read in that article that Stevenage are being valued at 10 million pounds for this share scheme (1.2 million for 12% equity). Nobody knows how much cash Bill and Jim were offering for how much equity in Wycombe Wanderers, but it would be interesting to know what value was being placed on our club for those negotiations.

• Wasn’t Dollar Bill’s offer something like £3m for 75%? Which would make us 40% of a Stevenage.

• @drcongo said:
    Wasn’t Dollar Bill’s offer something like £3m for 75%? Which would make us 40% of a Stevenage.

How much debt do Stevenage have though?

• 10m for Stevenage!?