Skip to content

First Summer Transfer Rumor

Comments

• Good signing if he can be persuaded to take a 90 per cent drop in wages! We’re shopping in the bargain basement, not Harrods I’m afraid.

• Josh Umerah been released from Charlton I quite liked him big strong quick with bags of potential maybe worth us bringing back.

• Now that might be a good option, pending him not having had an injury pillaged time after leaving us. And pending him not being on colossal wages.

Though someone once said - when a player's wage is zero, they can always agree a deal!

• @glasshalffull said:
    Good signing if he can be persuaded to take a 90 per cent drop in wages! We’re shopping in the bargain basement, not Harrods I’m afraid.

Marcus Bean stated on a podcast recently that he was paid a lesser amount by the club, which allowed him to train less and pursue other ventures in preparation for his career transition. A similar deal was clearly in place for Akinfenwa. Probably Saunders too. Fair to say this method has worked for the club and the players concerned.

No idea if this arrangement would work for Glenn Whelan (probably not), but considering our financial constraints I expect Gareth is scouring the freebie market for players coming to the end of their playing careers.

• According to EFL Hub Bristol Rovers want Fred Onyedinma on loan, i'd love to have him back again if possible.

• Who wouldn’t @robin ! Josh Umerah also. Very impressed with him during his brief stay.

• @Aok84 said:
    Josh Umerah been released from Charlton I quite liked him big strong quick with bags of potential maybe worth us bringing back.

Could definitely see this happening.

• Josh quickly settled in and I recall being impressed with an interview he gave soon after he arrived - full of enthusiasm. He even featured prominently on the front of the matchday programme within a few weeks of his arrival. Can’t recall what brought his stay to a premature end but probably injury. It was at a time when injuries were rife.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@Aok84 said:
    Josh Umerah been released from Charlton I quite liked him big strong quick with bags of potential maybe worth us bringing back.

As long as you can get him for no more than 3 figures a week then he'd be a very good squad player.

The type of shopping we need to do...

• @robin said:
    According to EFL Hub Bristol Rovers want Fred Onyedinma on loan, i'd love to have him back again if possible.

That's just another one of those nonsense rumour accounts. In any case, I'd imagine Millwall would hope to sell while they can still get something for him.

• edited June 2019

I'm not sure how much impact Umerah made on loan at Boreham Wood, but I also don't particularly think that matters. We know by now that improving unknown players/those who've lost their way or fallen out of favour is Ainsworth's forte - we should keep an open mind about everyone we bring in, chances are we'll be pleasantly surprised by players who, at first, might seem like uninspiring signings.

• @rg9wwfc said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@Aok84 said:

As long as you can get him for no more than 3 figures a week then he'd be a very good squad player.

So he'd be worth £999 a week wage?

• Wouldn’t have thought so but what’s 50 grand these days?

• Northampton have made some big signing ...mccormack from Luton signed....got to fancy them for promotion

• We thought they had made a big signing from us in 2017, but it hasn't get them anywhere near promotion to date!

• 21/1 to.win league ....huge odds

• I got told by a friend with inside info when he left it was a for a very small fee but with a big sell on clause hope thats the case 20% of 3million would be great.

• 10% is low. It's common for it to be as high as 25%, or even 30%.

• There is no normal,or common fee.
    It's totally down to what is agreed, but as @Aok84 suggests, it's usually along the lines of the bigger the fee, the smaller the percentage, or hopefully in this case the opposite!

• @Malone said:

@rg9wwfc said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@Aok84 said:

So he'd be worth £999 a week wage?

In league 1, I don't think you're getting many players on less than 1k a week anyway these days...

So, if he comes in and becomes a useable squad player (which I think he would do given the players we've released), then I would pay him that @Malone as its probably the going rate at our level now, bar someone like Cameron Yates who was released at 19 by Leicester and is probably on considerably less!

If you play on the fact that he's unproven at this level and been released by a league 1 club (or at least they were league 1 until 2 weeks ago!) then I think you could get him for less than that... and that would be good value in my opinion

But we'll see....

• Thanks @Aok84, @OxfordBlue and @Malone - it's nice to know there is a chance we could make enough to pay back the Americans in one fell swoop, or at least make a dent in the debt,

I guess that's why they call it "playing with Hause money".

• @Shev if all this speculation turns out to become some kind of reality, and we are indeed in a position to boost our coffers/reduce our debts to the tune of the kind of money speculated, this is really big news. I'm surprised this hasn't attracted a bigger discussion.

The article seemed pretty 'certain' about the likelihood of the transfer, but previous experience of these things means I'm not going to put my Hause on it...

• playing with Hause money is brilliant. Bravo @Shev

• edited June 2019

Probably turn out to be another Matt Phillips like cock up!

• I heard at the time of the Hause transfer, we were desperate for money and due to the lack of expierence amongst the Trust board at the time, had to get one of our then players agent to circulate and conclude the deal. I was informed it was a low transfer fee, but included healthy add on's for appearences and a decent sell on clause.

• A newspaper article in one of the nationals (can't remember who) on Wycombe's then-plight towards the end of the 2013/14 season claimed the figure received for Hause was £150,000.

• Wolves will probably try and convince us to take less, with the promise of a couple of youngsters on loan for the season !!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Wolves will probably try and convince us to take less, with the promise of a couple of youngsters on loan for the season !!

And a years supply of crisps from this Wolverhampton factory.

http://www.scrubbys.co.uk/

Would at least keep @Wendoverman adequately stuffed!