Skip to content

Who plays in central defence?

Pierre and ...?

I'd like to see Anthony Stewart in the centre and Danny Rowe playing defensive midfield. In which case I think we need one raw, young defender to come in as cover (maybe a season-long loan from Villa?)

Both Rowe and Stewart are excellent signings, I'm delighted by both.

Comments

• Surely Rowe can cover at centre back, as can Sido, then Blooms/Bean can fill in their positions.

• Mr Aloysius, I like the tone of your post, 4 central defenders competing, maybe a young starlet loan could be the next Alfie or even better ?????

• Rowe and Pierre to start at CB, Stewart will have to wait for an opportunity, then try to take it when it comes.

• Rowe and Pierre must get in ahead of Stewart.

• Clearly it will not be set in stone at this stage. Much like last season, the squad will evolve through the season as form, injuries and loanees change things. My prediction would be that Stewart and Pierre will start at centre back and Rowe in central midfield against York.

• If I remember correctly the last time the three of them were available the first choice pairing was Rowe and Pierre. I'd rather have Rowe at the back, but it depends if there are any more midfield signings.

• @aloysius said:
    Pierre and ...?

I'd like to see Anthony Stewart in the centre and Danny Rowe playing defensive midfield. In which case I think we need one raw, young defender to come in as cover (maybe a season-long loan from Villa?)

Both Rowe and Stewart are excellent signings, I'm delighted by both.

We have signed Ryan Sellers, thought he was a defender?

• Left back I think

• Well Sellers best get the defenders dvds out, as I expect him to cover if need be. We ain't taking him for a jolly. So Sellers is de man. Plus I think he too will come of age and thrive under GA.

• edited June 2015

I think Gaz talked about Sellers as being a powerful left sided player so I'd expect him to be cover for JJ & Wood, although I kind of originally thought he'd be going out on loan to get experience first.
    We've got Bean who can cover for Sido, and Pierre, Stewart & Rowe covering CB so I'd be surprised if anyone else was brought in at the back now. I'd imagine a loanee would be brought in in the event of a mid to long term injury of one of the first choice back four.

All pure guesswork though...

• Agree with that.

• @aloysius said:
    Pierre and ...?

It's almost like GA reads this board... or at least Aloysius's posts ;-)

• @aloysius said:

Maybe not GA, but I think the PR department actually do. Best way to gauge supporters opinions, is to read their clubs unofficial fans forum hosted by and used frequently by its fans.