Skip to content

Playing budget this season

I see Andy Holt, owner of Accrington Stanley has just tweeted and confirmed their playing budget for this season is £1,200,000 excluding NI and bonuses. I have heard ours is £1,000,000 for this season, so really does bring into sharp focus how hard its going to be this season. The loan market and the parent clubs willing to pay most of loan players salary is going to be key to our survival this season in league 1. I would hazard a guess that £1m would even be towards the bottom of league 2 in terms of playing budget.

Comments

• and some of national league clubs , its amazing just how poor we are considering what we have done on the pitch and the players we have sold over the years....men at the top have not been running our club well.

• It would be really tough if it were true. I am guessing this £1m figure will become the defacto true as someone has now said they heard it.

How do these two figures compare to the two clubs turnovers?

• @Wanderers82 said:
    and some of national league clubs , its amazing just how poor we are considering what we have done on the pitch and the players we have sold over the years....men at the top have not been running our club well.

Not sure why anyone has given you positive feedback for this post.
    I dare say if you were closer to the running of the club you'd change your tune.

"I pay the players wages".

When in reality, your season ticket (if you have one) might fund one week of the kitman's wage. If that.

• I wonder what the result would be if we polled fans about a 25 per cent increase in the price of season tickets to beef up the playing budget?

On balance I would as I think my season ticket is great value given the pleasure I get out of it. I wonder what the view of others would be.

• As the Board appear unwilling to organise another 500 club, I doubt they are interested in any other money making scheme.

• A few years ago I remember a few central stand Frank Adams-ers being surprised they'd taken the premium off their seats - and said they were perfectly comfortable with it staying in place.