Skip to content

Andrew Harman bid for WWFC

1141516171820»

Comments

• @TruBlu, I could be wrong but I thought AH said on Wednesday that the plan was to continue using the current training ground but, if the club lost the use of that, they could use the Academy premises instead.

• @TrueBlu Don't forget, it's not our training ground any more, Beeks saw to that.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    @TruBlu, I could be wrong but I thought AH said on Wednesday that the plan was to continue using the current training ground but, if the club lost the use of that, they could use the Academy premises instead.

@drcongo said:
    @TrueBlu Don't forget, it's not our training ground any more, Beeks saw to that.

I do hope that’s the case Steve

Dr. It would be mad to be paying double rent

• Someone I was hoping to cadge a lift with has said he will probably not be going as he is undergoing a medical procedure this afternoon. But, more importantly, he says that Andy Harman will be presenting his proposals. I may have misread recent emails but I thought the meeting was purely to enable the Trust Board to clarify recent developments from their point of view (and of course to cut their losses on hire of the Hub.). Advice please!

• @micra If you have a Facebook account you will be able to follow on-line. @AlanCecil posted the following information on the Special General Meeting thread:

"Trust members can register for the live stream if they cannot be there https://www.facebook.com/groups/1930775593696898 and there will be space to add questions in the comments box

Questions from Trust Members to be put on your behalf can also be emailed to [email protected]"

• Thanks for that @Uncle_T . I’ve been accepted! Andy Harman will be presenting then?

• @micra I'm going, want a lift pal?

• Don’t take this the wrong way @EwanHoosaami because I am currently neutral about the prospective investors but I was at the Holiday Inn on Wednesday and in the Woodland on Saturday so I’ve heard enough, at least for the time being, about Andy’s proposals. I have been accepted on FB for the live stream so that, if it’s just a general update (ie no presentation) I can tune in if the spirit moves.
    But thanks a lot for the offer.

• @micra, I'm not aware that Andy Harman will be presenting tonight. The Trust would have told us that.

• Indeed. I think my pal has done the misreading, not me. I won’t “out” you @oldblue !

• Am i right to remember that Bill and Jim cut their marketing teeth in the weird and wonderful world of minor league baseball? If you're wondering what sort of tactics they might be used to, look no further than my own Richmond Flying Squirrels new promotion

https://www.milb.com/richmond/news/flying-squirrels-to-wear-special-jerseys-on-caturday-april-6-featuring-cats-available-for-adoption-at-richmond-spca/c-303237932

• I can just see The Beast in one of them

• I don’t have a FB account @AlanCecil , but have requested access via my wife’s account. It should be obvious from out surnames.

• I must admit the weird and wonderful world of minor baseball looks a lot more fun than the dull and dreary world of the FA and the boring traditions of the Football League.

We all know which way the future is going so let’s get ahead of the curve(ball)...

• @TrueBlu If by training facilities you are referring to the Marlow Road site, none of the three companies own them (WWFC, FALL, TRUST). WWFC pays a monthly rent to the owners to use it.

• edited January 2019

Ah yes the owners, that nice group who so wonderfully helped the club in its hour of need, and shortly afterwards helped themselves.