Skip to content

Trust Members - Special General Meeting

Comments

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    We didn’t elect a Trust Board in order for them to find clever ways to circumvent the club rules. We are not the county council and they are not appealing a parking ticket. The clue gentlemen is in the name “Trust”

Very well put indeed.

Yes, in theory I would, although work a geography mean I couldn't commit to attend said meeting when it occurred.

• @Username said:

@wwfcblue said:
    I think before we go down this route you need to wait until after Monday night.

Personally I would also like to know who you are. Trust works both ways and on here you are hiding behind a username?

It is an anonymous forum, hardly hiding, just using the platform normally.

There’s some hypocrisy at play here because I was ‘outed’ some time ago and I would suggest that my posts have been a good deal less provocative than those of some other posters.

• @glasshalffull said:

@Username said:

@wwfcblue said:

Personally I would also like to know who you are. Trust works both ways and on here you are hiding behind a username?

It is an anonymous forum, hardly hiding, just using the platform normally.

There’s some hypocrisy at play here because I was ‘outed’ some time ago and I would suggest that my posts have been a good deal less provocative than those of some other posters.

Only hypocrisy from those who "outed" you, which I suspect was only 1/2 posters.

• @wwfcblue said:

Posts someone not using their real identity! YCMIU.

• @Watford_Blue said:
    The trust have raised money to meet cash flow issues. Wtf do want them to do...go to Wonga. Surely we as members delegate a certain degree of responsibility to the trust board to take decisions on our behalf? The question is whether they've overstepped the mark. I'm not sure they have.

@Watford_Blue said:
    The trust have raised money to meet cash flow issues. Wtf do want them to do...go to Wonga. Surely we as members delegate a certain degree of responsibility to the trust board to take decisions on our behalf? The question is whether they've overstepped the mark. I'm not sure they have.

Your name isn't Mrs Stroud by any chance is it ?

• I would support an SGM to discuss possible breach of the rules but not a Vote of No Confidence until it is determined whether that is the case

• Yes and I would also support an application for a vote of no confidence.

• edited January 2019

@EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

Quite happy to give you my name. I have nothing to hide. I very much doubt you or the original poster would do likewise.

• @wwfcblue said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

Quite happy to give you my name. I have nothing to hide. I very much doubt you or the original poster would do likewise.

Why on earth would I want to know or need to know your name? Sorry, but I am honestly not bothered. Neither have I any need to know the true "identity" of any other poster. No doubt that the person in question is very close to the inner workings of the trust board as too much that he he/she has posted has been shown to be correct. I am perfectly happy to trust this poster, with no necessity for further revelation.

• @wwfcblue said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

If the original poster motions a no confidence vote or sets up an SGM then we'll definitely know their name!

Without anonymous postings on here we'd be missing a lot of information....

• Anyone who has paid attention to this message board for more than a few weeks knows the name of the original poster. He, like Alan Parry, has a distinctive style and a set of opinions that allow easy identification.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

Why on earth would I want to know or need to know your name? Sorry, but I am honestly not bothered. Neither have I any need to know the true "identity" of any other poster. No doubt that the person in question is very close to the inner workings of the trust board as too much that he he/she has posted has been shown to be correct. I am perfectly happy to trust this poster, with no necessity for further revelation.

Do you know the poster in question then?

• Its a Yes from me

• According to my maths you have 26 messages of support on here and 3 on Facebook. So just 31 more needed...

• @wwfcblue said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@wwfcblue said:

Do you know the poster in question then?

No.

• Ideally I'd like this process to be as least divisive as possible, but recognise I'm probably being naive.

As @Username says, if 60 or more members show support for a SGM, then names, membership no.s and e-mail addresses will be needed to take it forward.

@wwfcblue The adoption of nicknames on online forums has been recommended as a protection against identify theft for a coup,e of decades now and I am not trying to hide my identity. Ironically @glasshalffull was my line manager once upon a time and have also been known as Che and Vital Benny, if that would help you judge my sincerity.

• @glasshalfempty said:
    Ideally I'd like this process to be as least divisive as possible, but recognise I'm probably being naive.

As @Username says, if 60 or more members show support for a SGM, then names, membership no.s and e-mail addresses will be needed to take it forward.

@wwfcblue The adoption of nicknames on online forums has been recommended as a protection against identify theft for a coup,e of decades now and I am not trying to hide my identity. Ironically @glasshalffull was my line manager once upon a time and have also been known as Che and Vital Benny, if that would help you judge my sincerity.

Thank you for your response. It’s most appreciated.

I will wait for Monday nights meeting before making a decision.

• In the same spirit as knowing all the options on investment I'd like to know the options for chairman and Trust board before voting the current one down.
    Didn't Stroud survive a vote to remain on the board recently due to a lack of candidates? Who are this new improved board and why weren't they in the running at the last AGM?
    Who's to say a new 'power group' are trying to engineer a position?

• I would be prepared to stand for the trust board in the event of a no confidence vote. I suspect others would too

• @Midlander said:
    According to my maths you have 26 messages of support on here and 3 on Facebook. So just 31 more needed...

Are they all members of the trust though?

• @wwfcblue No problem.

@Right_in_the_Middle Yes, the consequences of any vote of no confidence need to be seriously considered by all members in this process and should form an integral part of the discussion at any SGM.

• Yes; and, for the record, I am a Trust & "Legacy" member.

• Thank you Glasshalf for taking the bull by the horns. Like you I am extremely concerned re the situation. To this end I will reserve my judgement until after I have attended Monday nights meeting. Depending on the way the meeting goes you may wish to propose a Special General Meeting on Monday night, under Any other buisness. I know that you have the future well being of our club at heart. I look forward to seeing you on Monday.

• Dont know where the empty bit of your name went on sending Mr Glasshalfempty

• Give the postponement, I would count the 'yes' votes.

• Stroud needs to go ASAP. Count me as a yes.