Skip to content

Comments

• Promising rumour if there's any truth to it

• Surprised Pep would want one of his prized youngsters to be Wycombised!

• 'Yes, Pep we have two silky skilled wingers and a cultured forward who can bring your boy on....just sign here for the rest of the season.'

• Presumably more of a wide forward than just a forward?
    As if there's one area we're rammed in, it's central forwards!

• Reading up he's more of a right-winger and has even played at right-back.

• Makes good sense then

• He's decent on FIFA 19, that's all I've got on him...

• edited January 2019

confirmed on WWFC twitter, on loan for the rest of the season, on the official site too

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/january/bolton-the-wanderer/

• No return for Fred then?

Sounds like an excellent prospect. Excited to see him play

• I like the bit where it quotes, "for once, money didn't come in to it". Speaks volumes for the way Wycombe/GA are viewed with regard to youth development.

• @Tom agree with that.
    But if they don't trust him even making a sub appearance when 10-0 up in a tie, you wonder if they ever will.
    City make Chelsea look like a realistic route for young players into the first team!

• You really are a ray of sunshine @malone

I have give up understanding how top sides treat top youth talent. I certainly don't think him not playing at Burton is any slight on his ability. Maybe a little eye opener on what he could achieve before sending him away to learn how to do it.

• All credit to the management team for what looks like an excellent piece of business in light of what is going on around the club. Well done GA & Dobbo.

• @Malone said:
    @Tom agree with that.
    But if they don't trust him even making a sub appearance when 10-0 up in a tie, you wonder if they ever will.
    City make Chelsea look like a realistic route for young players into the first team!

Not being in City or Chelsea's first 25 or 30 these days could still make you a full England international.

• @Right_in_the_Middle , it's Man City.
    How many outings have their youth prospects had? Inevitable when they invented the £50m full back!

Even Foden cost about £10m and gets an occasional sniff.

But I'm sure it'll be to our gain, so it's very good news. Surprised no closer team came in for him.

• I did a bit of digging on PL sides' loaned out players recently. Chelsea had 37 (absolutely disgraceful, quite frankly), City just 7. Liverpool, Everton and Wolves were the only other clubs with more than 10 out on loan.

• The kind of signing that highlights how far GA has taken this club over five years … from having to take a punt on the likes of Anthony Jeffrey to 'do a job' on the right flank in 2014, to being entrusted with one of Pep's best young talents. Good times.

• Even Watford have 21 players currently out on loan!

• Bloody hell, my figures didn't include U23 squads. That probably puts Chelsea's actual total into triple figures...

• Reading the term Championship quality on Twitter makes me optimistic!

• Glad to hear he can play at right back.

• I hope this does not mean Paris gets the boot again after his Donny heroics.

• @Malone said:

Possibly he'll have more of a chance when he's not off on loan the next day.

• Precisely!

• Excellent peice of business by G.A. let's hope he lives up to the comments about pace and silky skills and direct style of play. Sounds like he could well terrorise a few league 1 defenders!

• Well I did predict 3-0

• ‘Bolton, Bolton running at Taft Moore full pelt, Moore turns but is brushed aside, Bolton cuts inside, he slips a pin point shot passed the on rushing keeper. One nil Chairboys, Adams Park erupts, fifteen minutes played on this crisp bright Chilterns afternoon.’
    Then I woke up.

• Hello from a City fan who will now be keeping an eye on Wycombe. In Luke Bolton, you have signed a tenacious, pacy young player with a fantastic appetite for the game. I will be shocked if he doesn't impress and help you to achieve your goals.
    He was a standout in our pre-season tour of the US and was expected to feature this season in cup matches. It is obvious that Pep likes him but, unfortunately, he suffered an immediate injury and lost the opportunity that may have come for him. It is a testimony to our belief that he has just signed a new three and a half year contract at City.
    I think you have a very good player and I have watched him for a number of years within the academy set up at City.
    All the best for your season ahead.