Skip to content

Andrew Harman bid for WWFC

Comments

• @Cyclops Same here you sort of know this lot have genuine love for our club.

• edited January 2019

@M3G Exactly what I'm thinking; and if this group use the words "our club" then my gut feeling is that there might be a better chance that they really mean it.

• An impressive presentation, well summarised by Dale Jenkins and Steve Peart. I came away feeling a burden had been lifted from my shoulders. I look forward to the Americans’ presentation on Monday but it will take something very special indeed to persuade me that handing the management of our football club to them is preferable to Andrew Harman and his team.

• I’m interested to see @glasshalffull and @DevC response to the incredible events and revelations by a number of genuine , real and well known caring wycombe club people tonight. You can’t dismiss that meeting and those people faceless unfounded social media gossipers with agendas as you have me to date.

• It does seem stupid if not reckless that this bid or interest couldn't be brought in to play somehow earlier. The US bid seems to suit some key people but only basic lip service is being paid the views of trust members and fans.
    It was our club when they wanted our money and the last mess cleaning up, it'll be us that are turned to next time.
    Thanks to those that could go for the write ups and showing that we arent out of options.
    Interesting to see so many club insiders were present if only to hear and show face, time for many of those closely involved to ask themselves how we got here and challenge those above if they don't find answers to some very central challenges.

• Some fairly notable people backing this up in person, on here and on Facebook btw including ex staff.

• @ChasHarps said:
    @marlowchair
    But we all know who is controlling both Stroud and Cook, the walking ego that hasn't really walked ?
    Absolutely, Hapless Trev is just the fall guy.

Amazing how the attitude on this thread has changed in 24hrs. More revelations to come. I’m just thrilled finally Andrew Howard’s & Trevor’s skullduggery is slowly being revealed and hopefully held to account.

• I was unable to attend the meeting on Wednesday evening so the only information I have is what I’ve read on here. I have not changed my belief that the American bid deserves a fair hearing as nothing I’ve read or heard suggests that they have done anything wrong in this process.
    I am equally sure that Andy Harman has done nothing wrong and he’s obviously sincere in his affection for the club and his desire to help.
    The allegations (and that’s all they are at the moment) about how the process has been handled by certain individuals is a separate issue and obviously a very important one, but I’ll wait until I hear what the Americans have to say before making my mind up.

• Thanks to.all who turned out and for the detailed posts on here. Good to know there is more than one viable option out there and that 'Harman and his mates (c @devc) seem to have impressed attendees. Bring on the yanks now. I agree that this seems credible and is amazing it was not considered so by the men at the top.

• @marlowchair If you were to read my posts again (no obligation, of course) you will see that I was stepping in between yourself and Dev, not taking sides - because you both have polar opposite views but neither of you seemed to be translating them into ‘facts’, as indeed others had noted. Dev was claiming all 11 voted unanimously (based solely on what he believed to be ‘credible’) and I was asking whether this was actually true or indeed whether your representation (of ‘power group’ cajoling) was a more accurate portrayal. I genuinely wanted to know, not least because I am a Legacy Member. So I called out for you to clarify the facts, and based on tonight’s output, things are much clearer. All I would ask is not to lump my opinions in the same bracket as Dev’s, in the way you did, because it is unfair and misleading.

• Thanks for all the reports. If I read these summaries correctly it appears that the board have indeed been negligent in their dealing with proposals rather than less than competent as I had previously thought.

For this not being a complete surprise I am grateful for those on here who were in the know for waving the warning flags. I also owe @marlowchair a personal apology as I am uncomfortably aware my persistent questioning (and inappropriate sense of humour) did cause him distress.

It is still important to listen and consider the merits of the American bid but at least we can do so with the knowledge that there is a (viable on the face of it) Plan B.

Probably the most pleasing thing for me was the impressive turn out. Regardless of the actual details of any respective deals there does seem to be an innate wish amongst a significant proportion of supporters to retain an emotional link with any future owner and, provided we don’t let emotion prevent us asking the right questions, this somehow feels more ‘us’.

• Thank you @DJWYC14 and @Steve_Peart for the reporting. Truly astonishing stuff. And thank you @marlowchair and @NiceCarrots for repeatedly banging this drum in the face of some horrible abuse from certain quarters.

• Is the Ben Langdon mentioned any relation of David Langdon OBE?

• Interesting...thanks > @DJWYC14 said:

• I don't think I was abusive but I may have question ed the veracity of Marlow and carrots posts in a non devc way and maybe made some jokes. Apologies if I offended and thanks for not just shutting up shop and disappearing.

• There was a foreboding lack of information and transparency from Harman and his team about their plans for crisps at AP.

Let’s hope the Americans Lay their (potato) chips on the table next week so we can make an informed choice!

• Now the cat is out of the bag as far as Andrew Harmans proposal is concerned, is it not the duty of the Trust board to write to all the legacy members and trust members to fully inform them of these proposals?? They can of course state that they still prefer the American bid, but maybe explain why Harmans proposals were ignored. They will have to get a shift on mind.

• I wasn’t there last night. Thank you to those who were who have reported back. Can someone enlighten me as to the following. If the US bid fails, as I think with the 75% threshold it will, a Harman bid would need to be voted through. If the current board simply refuse to put it to us, what happens then?

An academy sounds a nice idea. How does it fund itself year on year after being set up?

How much due diligence and investigation of the club’s financial position, profits and lossss in various areas has AH been able to do if the Trust haven’t allowed him the same access as the US bidders? How confident can we be that if AH does get the same access he won’t abandon his plan. I note is quoted as saying if losses are around the £1M mark he may not be in a position to proceed.

This isn’t a great metaphor but I feel like I’m selling my cherished old house. One person has had a good look round, seen my dodgy wiring and all but says they’ll buy it, renovate it and look after it. But I don’t know them and they may knock it down for flats or sell it to a toxic waste storage firm down the line. I would be devastated if this happened.

My estate agent won’t show the other person, a local chap who always loved the place and I think would do his best to maintain it as close to what I love as he could, around. I like the sound of him more but he’s also a realist. I hope if I reject the first buyer he will get a look but I worry that once he does, the structural and other problems will mean he can’t take it on.

• @MBS said:
    Now the cat is out of the bag as far as Andrew Harmans proposal is concerned, is it not the duty of the Trust board to write to all the legacy members and trust members to fully inform them of these proposals?? They can of course state that they still prefer the American bid, but maybe explain why Harmans proposals were ignored. They will have to get a shift on mind.

I think that is what the last email from Trevor Stroud was supposed to be, the legacy members will have to decide if that was appropriate.

• @Manboobs

The academy is proposed to be a separate company, run for the benefit of the Wanderers, but which will hopefully, in time, attract other clubs to use it.

There was a clear desire to have home grown talent coming through to the first team.

To stretch your analogy, it seems Harman has been shown around the house by people who have been long term tenants in the past and by the local community of people who have invested their time, money and love in ensuring the house is there to be enjoyed in the future.

• @StrongestTeam : you may be thinking of David Cook’s email of 22 January which included information about the Legacy Members Voting Process. This referred to the fact that details of the American proposal would be sent to Legacy Members in advance of next Monday’s meeting .

• What is to be considered. At only a 49% stake he has no obligation to tip millions in. Or if he did. Surely the other share holder would normally be expected to match the investment, that’s not going to happen. So until he might take full ownership in 2 years then he won’t tip millions on. I think he’d want to be sure in his own mind in what he was trying to achieve was infact working so reducing risk on his part before committing financial suicide

• This seems like very positive news for the club. Whether it is a better deal than the American bid is yet to be seen, but if Andrew Harman is seeking to invest 49% rather than 51% it has a lot less of an obstacle to pass to get the money in to the club that is no doubt required.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I was unable to attend the meeting on Wednesday evening so the only information I have is what I’ve read on here. I have not changed my belief that the American bid deserves a fair hearing as nothing I’ve read or heard suggests that they have done anything wrong in this process.
    I am equally sure that Andy Harman has done nothing wrong and he’s obviously sincere in his affection for the club and his desire to help.
    The allegations (and that’s all they are at the moment) about how the process has been handled by certain individuals is a separate issue and obviously a very important one, but I’ll wait until I hear what the Americans have to say before making my mind up.

You’ve continuously accused me and my posts around everything that was aired last night by “real” people as being faceless personal vendetta.ive continuously said it’s not personal I’m just angry and passionate about some very real failings of the club leadership.

At some stage you might find it within yourself to accept that and I’ll be only too magnanimous in accepting your apology and move on .

• A big hats off to Andy Worboys for originally starting this thread, apparently he was taken ill and was in Stoke Mandeville yesterday evening so wishing him a speedy recovery, also a massive thanks to the likes of marlowchair & nicecarrots for having the balls to stand up and tell the truth about the shameful way the trust has been run.
    Also thought it was a nice reassuring touch at the end last night when "hutch" spoke glowingly about Andy Harman.

• @Manboobs said:

My estate agent won’t show the other person, a local chap who always loved the place and I think would do his best to maintain it as close to what I love as he could, around. I like the sound of him more but he’s also a realist. I hope if I reject the first buyer he will get a look but I worry that once he does, the structural and other problems will mean he can’t take it on.

In that case I would change my estate agent. Nuff said?

• The outcome of the Legacy Members Vote will be known by around 20 February. Andy Harman said that he expected it to take only a few days to carry out due diligence and that he would be able to make his decision by the end of February. He also gave the impression that, if he found that the losses were more like £1 million, he would have to think twice (or words to that effect).

• Very comprehensive post by @DJWYC14. Thank you
    I am really concerned I we the lack of transparency and information. I too served on the Trust board and worked to protect assets to ensure we don't lose them. I have been vocal on Twitter @matt1clarke
    We need to have a Trust Board we can trust to look after our club.
    At present I don't believe we have.

• @micra said:
    @StrongestTeam : you may be thinking of David Cook’s email of 22 January which included information about the Legacy Members Voting Process. This referred to the fact that details of the American proposal would be sent to Legacy Members in advance of next Monday’s meeting .

No, I'm talking about the last email from Trevor as it acknowledges Harman's interest. People can decide wether that is accurate and includes all the info that could or should have been given to members.

Get well soon Andy