Skip to content

Andrew Harman bid for WWFC

Comments

• Perhaps you and me will have to differ there @EwanHoosaami.

I cant explain why Harman has left it as late as he is for his proposal (not yet even a bid as I understand it). that's a question for him.

It does seem inconceivable to me that the 11 trust board members would not have made the effort to each make themselves aware of any other interest before forming their judgment as to the best thing for WWFC. it seems inconceivable to me too that Harman would not have made sure they were aware (they are easy to contact) if indeed he was at the time seriously interested and felt he was blocked.

you may have a different view although to be honest I cant see a credible alternative.

you may of course also feel they have made the wrong judgement (albeit in good faith). it is only opinion after all.

Or you may believe that all 11 of them are conspiring for some ill-defined personal gain against the interests of the club and the members they have been elected to represent.

• @DevC ...or herself

• All i would suggest to those with questions is to either attend the meeting tonight. If you can't I am planning on putting questions raised here and on Twitter to Andrew Harman providing an update on the presentation and Q&A.

• I'm sorry @leedsblue and @DevC but you can paint this as being me trying to stir things and misrepresent as much as you want. Here are some written statements from current serving directors, reproduced here for your consideration and in order to demonstrate that despite a " company line" that the trust board is unanimously in support of the chairman and his power group, it certainly isn't the case, and we have a huge issue at our club, and have had for some time.

The results of which are there for all to see in the current mishandling of the biggest issue we have faced in many years.

you will shout me down, say it's just stuff I made up, say there is no substance to what I am reproducing, just like you did the 50 other times in the past year or so I have warned, forecasted, and leaked what I know to be true. This information won't be denied because it's fact and in writing from current sitting directors.

It paints a sad, broken, tragically broken and not-fit-for-purpose trust board, beaten and abused by a dictorial group among them with contacts, power, and self produced remit to run things as they see fit.

"There are directors that have been, and are challenging the situation...Progress is being made but it is slow. We have agreement that certain changes are being made, it is slow. Directors are pushing for change and are not popular with the "power group""

" I joined the board because I believed I could contribute in a positive manner to the way the club is run. I do not intend to allow a small group, however powerful they are currently, to stop me doing so. Things are changing, not as fast as I would like, but we are continuing to push for the pace to step-up "

Re the Charge on Adams Park...

"a couple of directors didn't want to do it, but not enough of the board are sufficiently brave to go against the power group "

" Will continue to try...but the board is extremely weak"

"A few of us have done what we can, the problem is, if you have spent so much time being told to "sit down, shut up and do as you are told" it is extremely difficult to break out of that behaviour pattern.

• @micra said:
    Indeed @Malone. @wingnut was spot on when he said in effect that obsession with the Gasroom wasted valuable time! Mrs micra certainly agrees.

My wife wastes her spare hours playing a game on her phone that involves linking similar fruits . It seems simple and repetitive with no overall objective .
    I come here

• Is there an up to date list of Trust Board members? Is the website list correct?

• we need outside investment to flourish....our board.dont Have the clout or money to move the club forward. we are in 2019 not 1919

• @DJWYC14 thanks, for some reason I thought John Derben had stepped down

• Annoyingly can't make tonight... anyone there, is it busy ?

• Might have missed something @marlowchair but where are the quotes from?

• @Steve_Peart said:
    150+ here

Thanks Steve

• I shall await Monday’s presentation, but Mr Harman and his team gave an, IMHO, impressive account of himself and his team.

I will leave summaries to the more eloquent posters on here, but for those not in attendance, there was almost unanimous support for an audience member who spoke about the absolute importance of keeping AP away from any loan charge.

I was impressed by the number of ex-staff, players and board members in attendance and their support of Mr Harman’s character.

Onwards to Monday...

• One thing only to say. AH proposal has probably got it. It’s set up that he’ll have 49% so needs no vote where as the Yankees, let’s say 51% needs 75%. Seems like a stupid constitution. But he’s not offering millions, infact only enough for us to break even as is. But also hasn’t committed as to wether his 3 million is debt or out his pocket. Now that’s a Steve Hayes senecio

• edited January 2019

@peterparrotface - John Derben has relinquished some or all of his duties with OWWSA. Is that what you were thinking of?

• I thought he answered those questions quite directly actually, but there we go.

I do agree that the constitution sets a much higher bar for the US bid, but majority (read sale) versus minority takeover is also a much different proposition. Should Mr Harman succeed in taking the club beyond year 2 (or 3?) the he will face the same 75% hurdle.

In this basis I can’t really accept your Sharkey comparison.

• It’s the possible debt issue that causes concern for me

I also heard on the way out. A motion of no confidence to be lodged tomorrow

• a very impressive,realistic and what appears honest presentation. All done in a distinctive Bucks accent. I think weve just witnessed the next custodian of this great football club.

• @TrueBlu

Yes, I fully agree we should continue to question both parties robustly around debt / equity.

I think one thing we have all learnt here is to ask more questions!

• The feelings I had leaving the meeting:

1. The American bid surely has no chance
    2. Few people in the room had any confidence in the trust board
    3. Andrew Harman gave a very polished presentation and is a very credible option.
    4. The trust need to explain as a matter of urgency why they have not given the Harman bid the consideration it deserves
  • It seems a non starter for me because it will leave the Trust Board in overall charge and hence Stroud will remain in post.

• Unfortunately I wasn't there but two critical questions.
    1) Did Andy Harman say if he would be able to clear the £500k debt to the Americans?
    3) Did he say if he would require a charge on Adams Park as security for his investment.

• @Twizz

1. Yes but wasn’t certain exactly how he’d clear debt.
    2. He made it quite clear he would not make a charge on AP as security
  • A rather incredible meeting that gave me confidence that there are many very knowledgable people closely connected to the club as supporters, ex players , staff , ex staff and ex directors who share my own concern and view on the current trust board leadership and their handling of this entire debacle.

I’ve felt very much an outsider and targeted for speaking out against the power column and tonight gave me comfort that I’m not the one marching out of step opinion wise in many areas

• I didn’t take notes so happy to stand corrected but:

1) Due dilligance will take place as soon as the process allows and will take several days. He will then fully understand the size and terms and work to pay it down under the best terms they could negotiate. If I understood correctly it wasn’t a case of clearing all debts instantly, partly because it’s not clear who is still owed what. The club appears to currently be making payments to current loans to previous incumbents.

3) He didn’t believe in any debt or charge should ever be held against the stadium and he would
    work to quickly discharge it in the best terms once he knows the true operating losses. He seemed to estimate annual losses at £600,000 or so, but was prepared for it to be worse than expected. At £1m+ a year loss currently, he’d have to consider his bid.

• Marlowchair. I questioned in my mind an earlier post of yours, regarding boardroom rail roading. Now having listening to a director tonight, it was very clear this does seem to occur and that maybe an individual is not as united with his colleagues as he should be. Infact is this why others left the club in October!!

• @LordMandeville said:

@peterparrotface - John Derben has relinquished some or all of his duties with OWWSA. Is that what you were thinking of?

Must have been, cheers

• @marlowchair I wouldnt worry about the garbage that has previously been said about you or @NiceCarrots from the likes of @DevC or @LeedsBlue. Andrew Harman et al’s presentation seemed to support everything you have said over the last few months.

Tonight simply demonstrated how important it is for intelligent supporters to dig about for lies and mismanagement with board members. To say we have been purposefully misinformed by the trust would be an understatement. You have had a massive input in the clubs ongoing security, so personally from someone who just wants to go and watch football with his Dad.... Thank you.

Great to see @Tory_Goon back in the action tonight with some interesting comments. We need more from you on here.