Skip to content

Potential new owners

Comments

• Christ almighty Dev, that was a truly abysmal post.

• I think my favourite bit was “falling into the welltrodden trap of forgetting to communicate when things get busy”. But even by his own high standards, this is bizarre stuff from Dev. Some frankly outrageous statements with nothing to back them up whatsoever.

• edited January 2019

@DevC said:
    Just read back through the tortuous history of these threads @EwanHoosaami .

@bookertease , I have been struck by how many of these posters seem to be aware of Hartman’s innermost thoughts and plans long before they are announced despite apparently having never met or spoken to him. It all doesn’t ring true to me.

But it is what it is I suppose. I mentioned long ago the parallels to Brexit and I see others have mentioned it too. Our friends have launched a apparently highly effective campaign to turn our elected trust board from an extension of us into an elite working against our interests for their own ill defined personal agenda, not helped it has to be said by the Trust falling into the welltrodden trap of forgetting to communicate when things get busy and controversial just at the time when they should be communicating most.

We now come to the denouement. Shortly those with a vote will have a choice between a detailed offer , with all the real world flaws and compromises that entails and a less defined outline proposal which I suspect will have all sorts of aspirations towards training grounds and youth academies and very possibly £350m a week extra for the NHS.all fronted by an ex player instead of a nasty foreigner.

It will be a choice between head and heart and we saw in 2016 what tends to win out there. I suspect the gasroom electorate at least is minded to choose similarly. Let’s hope the outcome is not the same chaos and damage to the club that Brexit has caused the country. At the end of the day all of us just want the best for the football club we support.

You’re way off base Dev but that’s not unusual. I’ve also outlined the inner most thoughts of our board and power group, they’ve verified it with their actions which I told you over a year ago they would do.

So by your attempts ( feeble) does that make me a puppet of Mr Stroud ?

Laughable

• ‘The club we all support’. Hilarious.

Following his Brexit theme, I think that was Dev’s attempt at Obama’s ‘back of the queue’ intervention.

• @DevC said:

Shortly those with a vote will have a choice between a detailed offer , with all the real world flaws and compromises that entails and a less defined outline proposal which I suspect will have all sorts of aspirations towards training grounds and youth academies and very possibly £350m a week extra for the NHS.all fronted by an ex player instead of a nasty foreigner.

Not so. The choice is to approve the Yanks' offer or stay supporter owned. If, subsequently, Harman's bid is tabled for legacy members' consideration that too will be subject to the same 2 choices.

• @DevC Get help.

• @DevC I have to say, sometimes I think you do get unnecessary stick....but this time ! No.

• I can get it that the club believes this is the way forward and it may be. I'm open minded and keen to see about what is being offered in the knowledge that this is about stability for these guys rather than a love for the club although I may be underseliing the commitment of the boys from the colonies. The way it has been handled has been awful...even when they knew we thought it was awful they left communication until everyone had already spilt their tea, thrown their remote at the tellybox or read a devc post on the matter. There is an argument for amateurism being the problem but Trevor is a businessman isn't He? The confusion over the vote to explore all avenues, loans and other bidders could surely have been averted earlier and given the trust a tad more credibility. Another brexit comparison coming- may left the vote as late as possible thinking the fear of falling off a cliff would lead to a win...now she's in the Brown stuff...if the bid does not win I hope the club has been stockpiling crisps and preparing properly for such an eventuality.

• @Wendoverman said:
    ...even when they knew we thought it was awful they left communication until everyone had already spilt their tea, thrown their remote at the tellybox or read a devc post on the matter.

This bit is key. I'll never be able to forgive the trust for the number of interminable, execrable DevC posts they have put us through.

• @drcongo heh heh! For me it's been like revising for a big exam and people keeping saying: you've covered this bit haven't you? It's bound to come up. I've lost my notes and my head hurts.

• Just had the voting procedure. If we are using ERS and they will either send an email or post a voting form to non Email members, it seems strange to have so many voting methods. Why can't it be a simple system when either a posted vote or an email(with security number) is sent direct to ERS and they will announce the result at an agreed date . The proposed method is not as secure. Going to ERS was the trust's choice and I understood that they would advise the Trust of the outstanding voters at sometime before the final date of voting. I hope we get an explanation for this at the meeting.

• @wformation I understand Putin/Kim Jong Un and @DevC have both the means and the motives to hack the vote.

• Will Robert Mugabe overseeing the vote? just to make sure the voting is all above board and goes the correct way...

• @wformation of the very many criticisms you can make of the Trust Board, hiring ERS certainly shouldn't be one of them. They are the industry leaders with an impeccable record of impartiality and accuracy. They will almost certainly assign each legacy member a unique code that means their vote will only count once, even if they respond by both post and email.

• @RogertheBandito said:
    Will Robert Mugabe overseeing the vote? just to make sure the voting is all above board and goes the correct way...

Actually I believe it's Vladimir Putin.

• As @aloysius says, use of the ERS for this process is a good thing.

• Indeed of all the things we have to Worry about the electoral reform system is not one of them!

• But it’s now fashionable to blame the Trust for everything from Brexit to the weather! I think people forget that they are supporters like everyone else.

• @glasshalffull said:
    But it’s now fashionable to blame the Trust for everything from Brexit to the weather! I think people forget that they are supporters like everyone else.

That snow was a clear attempt to scupper the AH roadshow. But being bumbling amateurs the Trust got the day wrong.

• Ji You read my comments I am not blaming anyone I am only commenting on the Voting Procedure which seems to be rather unusual, and in my view less secure than all votes going direct to ERS via Email or Post. Using ERS is an excellent move, but I cannot understand why a proxy vote is part of the voting system.

• Apologies if I missed it, but has anyone ever tried to sell this bid as an exciting bright new future and a great opportunity or has it always been (as it seems) we're ****ed we have to take this or get relegated to non-league/go out of business by Tuesday week?

• Now your talking. Someone’s seen sense

• You haven't missed it @Wendoverman

The presentation is next week

• @Wendoverman said:
    Apologies if I missed it, but has anyone ever tried to sell this bid as an exciting bright new future and a great opportunity or has it always been (as it seems) we're ****ed we have to take this or get relegated to non-league/go out of business by Tuesday week?

Thank goodness someone has the vision to look beyond all the mud slinging and see this as a potentially exciting time for the club. And before anyone mentions Steve Hayes, he’s entirely irrelevant to the debate. If someone has a messy divorce it doesn’t mean they’ll never date again!

• @Right_in_the_Middle cannot help but think earlier in the process from the top might have helped.
    @TrueBlu I'm not saying it is just has anyone suggested it is...as it seems all communication from the top was...Gareth is doing a great job, but we're in big big trouble and these are the guys to dig us out of it.

• @glasshalffull said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Apologies if I missed it, but has anyone ever tried to sell this bid as an exciting bright new future and a great opportunity or has it always been (as it seems) we're ****ed we have to take this or get relegated to non-league/go out of business by Tuesday week?

Thank goodness someone has the vision to look beyond all the mud slinging and see this as a potentially exciting time for the club. And before anyone mentions Steve Hayes, he’s entirely irrelevant to the debate. If someone has a messy divorce it doesn’t mean they’ll never date again!

Often means their judgement on the next person is hugely twisted or flawed though!

• @glasshalffull woooah...let's roll back here...I'm not saying it is. Just that no-one from the club seems to have suggested it was anything but averting disaster as far as I can tell. Which may be why this debate has become so toxic.

• That is true in a way @glasshalffull. One owner's spell that almost sees you into bankruptcy doesn't mean the next one will.

But, because of what happened last time, within the same decade, there needs to be monumental checks about it happening again, so it's not "Irrelevant" by any means.

• I stand corrected. Got carried away by what seemed like a positive post in a sea of negativity.

• @glasshalffull I am a man of many moods...not many of them positive so it looked better than normal I'll grant you that!