Skip to content

Andrew Harman bid for WWFC

Comments

• @Steve_Peart said:
    @glasshalffull, tonight's email just underlines to me that this is not really a "fan owned" club, that Adams Park can be put at risk without reference to members.

Impossible to argue with this. The saga has been handled very badly. Those blindly defending the Trust board should consider that lecturing and railroading supporters is not the way to get 75% in favour.

• edited January 2019

Out of interest, is this upcoming email tonight, another example of where they realise news has broken elsewhere, so quickly think they best update people?
    Like with that "open" letter the other day. After everyone on here had already found out what was happening with the loan and Adams Park threat?

• edited January 2019

@EwanHoosaami @A_Worboys I have nothing against said hotel, I just found it odd that someone bidding would feel the need to do this, and that this he isn't seemingly on here inviting people himself. I'm sure he has his reasons and distrust for the board would be high up.
    Another issue may be that with club and trust all in together and the indy supporters club seemingly confined nobly to bus, fanzine and charity work there isn't really a formal process for dissenting views that isn't on the clubs terms.
    As for the statement tonight I think it misses a basic point about club and stadium separation that Fall is said to offer.

• WW chat from the BBC3CR Monday Night Sports Show earlier this evening.

Scroll to 33:30: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06w837m

• Don't know what your worried about Steve_Peart. Alan Parry has said it all hunky-dory so trust in the Trust!

• @mooneyman said:
    Don't know what your worried about Steve_Peart. Alan Parry has said it all hunky-dory so trust in the Trust!

I trust Alan as much as I trust Theresa May...

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Another issue may be that with club and trust all in together and the indy supporters club seemingly confined nobly to bus, fanzine and charity work there isn't really a formal process for dissenting views that isn't on the clubs terms.

I know this isn't actually the point Strongest was making, but if anyone wants to jot down a few words on their feelings about either or both 'bids' and can get it to me by absolutely no later than 9pm tomorrow (Tues) then I'd be happy to include it in the next edition of said fanzine, due out this weekend.

• @bluntphil said:
    WW chat from the BBC3CR Monday Night Sports Show earlier this evening.

Scroll to 33:30: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06w837m

thanks Phil, glad you are making this public and in my opinion this can do no harm.

• Top journalism @bluntphil as always

• @StrongestTeam said:
    @EwanHoosaami @A_Worboys I have nothing against said hotel, I just found it odd that someone bidding would feel the need to do this, and that this he isn't seemingly on here inviting people himself. I'm sure he has his reasons and distrust for the board would be high up.

Have you considered that the Trust hasn't allowed him a voice, hence he has had to make his presentation to the fan base off his own back?
    Not saying this is the case, but given the little "certain knowledge" we have, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

• @RogertheBandito
    Dont know about Mrs May, But the 'halfglassParry and Devc double act' will enhance the Yankie voting chances the same way as Diane Abbott does for the Labour Party !!

• @ChasHarps said:
    @RogertheBandito
    Dont know about Mrs May, But the 'halfglassParry and Devc double act' will enhance the Yankie voting chances the same way as Diane Abbott does for the Labour Party !!

PMSL! POTD.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Have you considered that the Trust hasn't allowed him a voice, hence he has had to make his presentation to the fan base off his own back?
    Not saying this is the case, but given the little "certain knowledge" we have, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

Yes. In the part you are quoting.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Perfectly reasonable that this should be opened out to the fans/members. However, one should remember that this is a proposal and not a bit (yet). The thread title is slightly misleading IMHO.

• Choice may well be good if you can choose yourself but when you need three quarters of over eight hundred people to help you extra choice can only make any chance of agreement less likely.

The timing of the Harman meeting will almost certainly torpedo the 'guys' bid whether that was the intention or not.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@StrongestTeam said:

Perfectly reasonable that this should be opened out to the fans/members. However, one should remember that this is a proposal and not a bit (yet). The thread title is slightly misleading IMHO.

I shall bow to your superior knowledge on that one then. Do you know if Mr Harman hasn't made a bid offer to the trust then?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@StrongestTeam said:

I shall bow to your superior knowledge on that one then. Do you know if Mr Harman hasn't made a bid offer to the trust then?

Its in Trevors email "To date we have received an outline proposal from the party in question, but no formal bid."

• What is actually the difference between a proposal and a bid?

1. I’m not sure how anyone can trust the trust board given recent events.
    2. Why would anyone want a pair of Americans who have suggested they only want to own the club short term for quick profit to buy the club as opposed to a local businessman and former player?
  • All I can sumise from Mr Harman coming forward. At last. He’s got to do what ever with urgency. But this is the Wycombe way. Save it till the end, then get the sucker punch in, it better be worth it Mr Harman. Maybe you should give the club some money now, so we can get some players in. We could put a charge on the stadium if it helps. Doesn’t seem to be a problem these days to that!

• edited January 2019

With reference to TS's defence of WWT's failure to notify and gain approval from members about giving Luby and Collis a charge over Adams Park, it's all very well saying that WWFC took the loan out, but WWFC don't own Adams Park. Maybe someone with a far better understanding finance than myself could explain how WWT had nothing to do with the stumping up of Adams Park as collateral on Luby and Collis's facility?

• Has the trust emailed something today? Only if they have, it would appear that I have been omitted. Would someone be kind enough to copy & paste and either put on the gas room or DM it to me please.

• WWT and WWFC owned by our fans, run for our fans

Dear Trust Member,

We are a week away from the Legacy Members meeting at which Bill Luby and Jim Collis and I, will present their proposal for taking the club forward, by acquiring a majority stake in Wycombe Wanderers. At such an important time for the club, I wanted to take the opportunity to update you on a handful of topics.

Firstly, later this week we will be able to share:

Details relating to Bill and Jim’s proposal, which will be sent directly to Legacy Members, giving them the chance to consider various elements of the deal in advance of the meeting

An itinerary for Bill and Jim’s visit, where there will be opportunities for all supporters – not just Legacy Members – to meet them

We remain in constant dialogue with Bill and Jim, and their team, and want to be sure that all information is accurate, relevant and fully approved from both sides before we are able to share it.

Meanwhile, I am aware of queries which were raised at the most recent Fans Council, which I am more than happy to cover off here.

Firstly, there was a question as to whether the Trust had broken one of its own rules (rule 102) in relation to the loan we have recently taken from Bill and Jim, and the charge against the stadium. The answer to this is no – the loan has been taken out by the club, rather than by the Trust. Our reason for the loan was simple; our cashflow reached a criticial point over Christmas and when asked, Bill and Jim volunteered a loan facility to ease us through this problem period. Such a facility was not available via a bank or other means, and if it was, similar security would have been demanded.

Meanwhile there has also been talk of other potential bidders in the process, and we acknowledge that one interested party has called a meeting to present directly to supporters. To date we have received an outline proposal from the party in question, but no formal bid.

We have always declared that we have been in discussions with more than one interested party and I can only reiterate that Bill and Jim’s proposal remains the recommended route forward for the Trust board. We will never close the door on any potential interest until such point that our negotiations with Bill and Jim reach a conclusion, but theirs is the best deal for the club in the view of the Trust board.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we work hard to achieve the best deal for the club going forward, and we look forward to sharing more details once we are in a position to do so.

Trevor Stroud
    Chairman

• It’s on fb

• Can’t make the Andy Harman meeting but very interested to hear what is said...any chance someone could record (even just on an iPhone) then post on soundcloud? (assuming people there are happy to be recorded)

• edited January 2019

'the loan has been taken out by the club, rather than by the Trust,'

But the football club doesn't own AP. FALL does.

• Pleased to see that BFP have reported on Harman's meeting on their website.

• FALL have guaranteed the WWFC debt.

• So you agree @DevC its just semantics to get around the fact that the Trust Board would otherwise have broken their own rule 102 designed to stop exactly this situation?

• I can’t honestly say I know the rules but at first glance although probably technically within the rules, probably not within the spirit.

On the other hand, if there was a genuine cash flow crisis, what would you suggest as an alternative?