Skip to content

Morris?

Comments

• Facebook will explode with images of noses and ketchup and righteous indignation if Pierre returns. 'I know the lad an he dun nothing...'

• I'm still surprised a super built pro athlete of his strength would leave just a dot of strawberry jam on such a big round face.
    Obviously more of a "touching heads" then any sort of headbutt.

I wonder if the guy still thinks he's free to shout abuse at people in the street, or whether he learnt his lesson.

• I don't recall Stewart regularly missing 3 months of playing time each season? I know this last 12 months has been disastrous, maybe I'm getting older and have forgotten I have developed senility, or have I? I honestly can't remember!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Facebook will explode with images of noses and ketchup and righteous indignation if Pierre returns.

No Pierre no party.

• @rmjlondon said:
    They want him off the wage bill

As reluctant as I am to suggest that you may be misinformed, O'Rourke's report suggests quite the opposite, claiming Pierre is a big part of Northampton's rebuilding process, which is backed up by his regular place in their starting eleven.

• @EwanHoosaami , your memory i'm afraid

I had a look around google, and there's 2 certain long lay offs I can find.

Aug 2015 4months knee
    Feb 2017 6months knee

There's reference to a thigh injury in December 2017, but i can't find how long that was, and then of course 2018's fairly long lay off.
    Not sure if these were 1 or 2 separate lay offs.

But it adds up to a very sizeable time off, hence us messing about with WDH, Muller, loanees etc, before realising Sido was much better than most of those options!

• Did Anthony Stewart play again last season following the injury sustained at Coventry in December?

• No, I can remember that. Spoke to him @ Chesterfield after the game and he said that it wasn't with the risk coming back too soon.

• We're talking some really critical long spells out all in. And he's still fairly young.

• Bloomfield's had some far longer periods out over the years, hasn't he? And yet before his latest injury he was in some of the best form of his career.

I think at our level, with our budget, we sometimes have to accept we'll have players who would be playing at a higher level were it not for their injury record (Paris for example).

• Bloomfield certainly has had a few long spells out. But I suppose with all due respect to him, we've often been able to deal with his absences better.

Even this season, he was in cracking form, then got injured, and has been out months, but we've found a great combo, and it's almost easy to forget he's been out.

• He told me at the player sponsors dinner that he would be fit to play in the play-offs should it be necessary.

• looks like money talks and Bryn is headed for Portsmouth, good luck to him but I think Curtis has outshone him for a good few weeks.

• I thought Williams was going to Pompey?

• Looks like money talks and soon we will hear the news that one (or maybe more) of our players / ex-players will have signed a contract with us or another club.

• I heard it here first.

• That's disappointing I heard from a good source Morris would be our player by today! Lucky the cobblers want Pierre off the wage bill eh?

• Maybe our "source" is infact not a club shop employee, but a fat kitman who has been eavesdropping?? You heard it here first

• Not sure what would be more worrying if it really was the kitman.
    That he's leaking all this, or that he's decided a persona of a 13 year old obnoxious scofflaw is the way to reveal it.

• It may be more helpful not to suggest club staff who may possibly leak info. The club do read the Gasroom. Oh well, I hope he gets to keep his job.

• The Secret Kit Man was a very good book.

• It'd be different if more than about 5% of these "leaks" ever actually happened.

• Richie is clearly associated with the club - the Paul Hayes info a couple of days before it was announced proved that as far as I was concerned. I'm not sure it does anyone any favours speculating who exactly he is on the staff - but I've always suspected he's a lot closer to the dressing room than the club shop!

• I don’t think he is.

• Me neither. Pretty strong hints on Hayes's departure were on social media at the time of the postings on here and before the actual news breaking.

• Richie has no insider knowledge.

He scrapes up the usual whispers around the Vere Suite on a Saturday afternoon, and presents it as fact on Sunday morning when he's sobered up.

It's why he's wrong more often than he's right. Emergency GK anyone?

• Yep, no evidence he's any more in the know then a lot of very keen fans.

I'd heard the Akinfenwa and Hayes bits and pieces before any releasing etc and I'm not at all well in with..well, anyone.
    But sometimes you hear the odd bit from someone who is.

• I hope he's not involved with the club.

• It's not hard to hear gossip in the stands off someone who was in the Vere Suite with someone who'd stood next to someone from the board; some of it's true, much of it's speculative at best and utter bollocks for the most part.

• Those of us really in the know keep it to ourselves.

You won't believe what's going to happen next week