Skip to content

Potential new owners

Comments

• Including me.

• Since Devc was hounded out it's not been the same on the Gasroom.

• And Luton supporters.

• @ LordMandeville I seem to recall that the first discussions with the Americans took place well before the end of he 2017/18 season, and I understand that Mark Burrell was the major Board Member involved. It is interesting to note that Mark and Andrew Howard have since left the Board of WWFC. If Andrew Howard is a major Creditor through a Loan, then the Company to whom the loan has been made should be notified to the members of that Company. In 2003 the members of WWFC knew who was loaning money . Since 2013, the Lenders have never be disclosed to the members. These are facts, I will the readers to form their own opinions as to possible outcomes. Clarification would be very helpful .

• Can you explain why you're s> @Right_in_the_Middle said:

And here is the problem for me. I have a legacy vote and take that responsibility seriously. I want to know if there are any new bits of information so feel I should scan this thread to see.
    Trouble is my four day catch up this morning found nothing despite a volume of posts suggesting otherwise.
    I know people want to fill the information void but really?

So Wycombe fans need to sing for you and try and create atmosphere at games?

And also do research for you and provide well presented information regarding the takeover?

Anything else you need?

• @glasshalffull said:
    And DevC.

Yeah, why do his posts keep getting deleted? You barely read a word from him these days. IT IS SHAMEFUL STUFF!

• If only Dev had been hounded out LOL

• @glasshaffull: perhaps you should ask, why do so many, (proportionate to the number of posters on here), snipe at @DevC? It may possibly be that his posts give the impression that he is an irritating author that rarely contributes anything positive and expects all to just follow blindly & unquestionably?
    Not saying it is, just a suggestion.

• Sadly, it’s part of modern life-cultivated by social media-that some people can no longer disagree with the views of others without resorting to abuse. DevC is just one victim of this malaise, but there are others.

• edited January 2019

Victim!
    You couldn't make it up!

• He is a wind up artist and unfortunately a lot of us fall for it, including me.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Sadly, it’s part of modern life-cultivated by social media-that some people can no longer disagree with the views of others without resorting to abuse. DevC is just one victim of this malaise, but there are others.

Victim! @DevC has an opposing view to the large majority on here. Have you ever heard the story of The Emperors Clothes? Think you've got selective vision on this one @glasshalffull!

• @EwanHoosaami I had to read this bit of your post twice to double check which of the two posters you were talking about.

It may possibly be that his posts give the impression that he is an irritating author that rarely contributes anything positive and expects all to just follow blindly & unquestionably?

Funnily enough, between the two of them, they have used the phrase “social media” more times than every other poster on here put together. Make of that what you will.

• I used to see Mrglasshalfparry reguarly antagonise and patronise fans on the facebook group, even goad critics to confront players/officials face to face instead of being keyboard warriors.
    Unfortunately one of them did, and we had the Pierre headbutting incident outside the mini tesco's.
    Strangely Mr GHP soon disappeared from that social media group after that incident.

• Am I imagining things or did he regularly use his programme notes to bemoan the size of our home crowds and those fans who weren't turning up?

Seems an unlikely ally for Dev

• edited January 2019

Meanwhile back to the interesting comment from @Uncle_T at 12:34 about charges against WWFC. If anyone is interested to see them there are 4 charges registered against FALL, the latest by Luby & Collis dated 07/01/2019, https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07884604/charges.
    I'm not financially astute enough to understand their significance, I'm sure someone can help explain them ...

• I was determined never to respond to Mr.Harps again but I can’t let this latest attack go unchallenged . For the record-and not wishing in any way to dignify yet another personal attack by this poster- I have never ‘goaded’ anyone to personally confront players and officials and I take great exception to the accusation. To imply that I could have been responsible for a confrontation between Pierre and a Wycombe fan is disgraceful and the only reason I stopped posting on the Facebook page was because of the repeated crude abuse of our manager and players.
    If Mr.Harps wishes to defend that kind of language and behaviour that’s up to him.

• glasshalffull. I actually miss some of you match analysis when you were on fb. I’d love to see you back on there. Just ignore the terrace boys. It’s a different type of mud slinging to the mud slinging that appears apparent here in the gas

• @twizz Thanks. Any charge on Adams Park via FALL is surely against all previous discussions and I would appreciate anyone being able to explain it further.

• May I suggest. If anyone wants to ask about a potential Andy Harman offer then attend tomorrow’s council meeting and ask the questions!

• @TrueBlu said:
    glasshalffull. I actually miss some of you match analysis when you were on fb. I’d love to see you back on there. Just ignore the terrace boys. It’s a different type of mud slinging to the mud slinging that appears apparent here in the gas

Thanks. Just to clarify, my criticism of the comments aimed at DevC was not meant to be a heartfelt defence of him in particular because I’m sure he’s more than capable of standing up for himself and I certainly don’t agree with everything he posts.
    I just don’t understand the need to resort to personal abuse no matter who it is aimed at.

• @Twizz Thanks. I hadn't noticed a new charge against FALL.

To those who know about these things: does mortgaging a property count as transferral (or part transferral) of ownership? I ask this in the context that any decision to sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of Adams Park is supposed to be subject to passing of a Legacy Members resolution. Would mortgaging it be subject to such a resolution also, under the existing Trust rules?

• The world of the Gasroom is a richer place in my view because of the likes of @DevC, @rmjlondon, etc. As regular visitors we know what Dev is saying so can happily skim-read and we equally know how @ChasHarps and @eric_plant will respond (for some reason Penny Lane is rumbling through my brain right now...) and we know the Yin/Yang balance of the world is in place.

I’m a little concerned that some regular posters have started to take @Wendoverman seriously but I’m sure this glitch in the matrix will soon resolve itself.

Talking of which I’m concerned about the lack of recent posts from @LX1

• Regarding Twizz's posting above:

Meanwhile back to the interesting comment from @Uncle_T at 12:34 about charges against WWFC. If anyone is interested to see them there are 4 charges registered against FALL, the latest by Luby & Collis dated 07/01/2019, https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07884604/charges.

The Trust board were appointed to represent its members and to safeguard our heritage.

This charge has completely unwound the protections in place and has conveniently been released after the Trust board (non-)election.

1) Did the FALL board meet and who approved this?

2) Did the FALL board authorise this charge?

3) Who signed the charge on behalf of the FALL board?

4) Did they take legal advice?

5) Why weren't members notified beforehand?

Please can someone put this on the agenda for tonight's barely advertised Fans Council meeting. have we seen the minutes from the last meeting?

• Am I reading this correctly, does this mean we are at risk of losing Adams Park?

• @NiceCarrots, I have asked for the Charge to be added to tonight's meeting agenda. I will try and raise your specific questions.

• To be fair we all.like a heated debate and you don't have to skipread @rmjlondon at least. @devc is a victim of having strong views and no vote.

• F.A.O. Steve Peart - thank you for this.

Do they post minutes after the Fans Council meetings?

• @NiceCarrots, they are meant to be online somewhere, I can never seem to find them. They are usually circulated in the bars, December's haven't been yet, at least they haven't made it over to Woodlands.

I'll raise it tonight.