Skip to content

Morris?

Comments

• 'Morris is craa....' oh - hang on - 'Morris was too good for Wycombe...gone to a more ambitious club...'

• Shrewsbury and Luton have both singed midfielders today, Dave Edwards and George Thorne.

• Luton have signed midfielder George Thorne on loan from Derby until the end of the season do they need another midfielder?

• Thompson’s signature was more important.

• I think the only way in which losing Morris hurts compared to Gape and Thompson, is that he has more goals in him. I think Gape and Thompson have one league goal between them? That being said, I never expected Morris back, and the two we still have are vital in the roles they play.

I feel as though Thompson may be the Bean of this season - he keeps shaping up to shoot, and then unselfishly passing. If/when he does score, I can't help feeling it will be a dramatic, vital rocket.

• Morris’s importance depends on how many games we can count on Bloomfield and Bean for. Gape and Thompson are a fine pairing for L1 but I doubt they’ll both be fit for the rest of the season. And that’s if we keep Gape.

• I thought Morris was useful at set plays...we miss someone like that with JJ out.

• Bloomfield started the season in some of his best form for years. He has been missing quite a while since though.

Bean it's hard to tell if it's a series of niggly injuries, or whether he's simply not been selected.
    It does look a season too far with him in fairness, but at the time we probably weren't sure who we could bring in, or how it'd all shape up

• Bean it's hard to tell if it's a series of niggly injuries, or whether he's simply not been selected.
    It does look a season too far with him in fairness, but at the time we probably weren't sure who we could bring in, or how it'd all shape up

Going by twitter. Bean said he’d been injured for 5 wks

• He posted recently how delighted he was to be back, best job in the world and all that, will be back around the squad soon

• @Wendoverman said:
    I thought Morris was useful at set plays...we miss someone like that with JJ out.

I’m not as up to speed on the injury front as I usually am. Is JJ currently ill or injured?

• @micra no idea...I just know he did not play against Coventry and it looked like the others had only had taking a corner or free kick explained to them that morning. Amazing that we do not have another set-piece taker. I mean I know Beano can't do throw-ins but...

• Beans throw-ins ???I'd forgotten all about them

• Have to admit, Beanos throw ins are now legendary! ?

• Morris will be our player by Friday at noon !!!

• Ruth Morris?

• f*ck off

• I think we have a nice suprise by Saturday even if it's not morris

• @drcongo I'd assumed he meant Morris would be a Luton Town player by Friday

• Pierre coming back ??

• Unlikely. Unless he’s on a free. If we couldn’t afford Bryn, then certainly can’t afford pierre

• Maybe a player exchange ? We only have 2 natural centre backs plus Sido at the club. Im not counting Darius Charles as his fitness/injury record indicates we cant rely on him for the second half of the season.
    Im pretty sure a powerful centre half will be on Gareth's radar.

• I hope so

• Apparently several L1 sides are chasing Pierre (according to Peter O'Rourke, who is one of the more reliable FL journalists). Still 18 months left on his contract by my maths though, so doubt we're one of the clubs in the running.

• They want him off the wage bill

• Id love pierre back although the crisps are more likely!!

• Would love Pierre back.
    We've missed that pure aerial ability, power, pace and generally playing every week.

Stewart at best can provide a lot of the above, but not quite as strong, and usually misses 3 months a year, so can't be relied upon.

• Most players miss three months a year. Early May through to early August.

• Ok, 6 months then! Which makes it sound even worse!