Skip to content

Curtis Thompson re-signs

Until 2021. Great news!

Comments

• Fantastic! That is such a weight off!

• Excellent news! Have full faith in Gareth to pull a few great loan signings out the bag too and get us back on track.

• Was never as worried as others were with this one.
    But you're never 100% until it's done. Good to see Thompson is a sensible lad who recognises he's onto a massive winner staying here. And we're obviously very pleased to see him stay.

Such a terrific way he's turned round being an absolute bit part, to being a key starter.

• In my opinion his performances have been far more impressive than Gape's in recent months.

• Best possible news. More great work from Ainsworth.

• Excellent news. Obviously this means we have no money, the new owners have no faith in us and we will be relegated imminently.;-)

• Deserves his new deal has really taken his chance the last couple of months well done to him and good news for us.

• Excellent news!

• edited January 2019

@Wendoverman said:
    Excellent news. Obviously this means we have no money, the new owners have no faith in us and we will be relegated imminently.;-)

What new owners? Did I miss the vote?

• @mooneyman apologies for any panic I may have caused......potential new owners...

• Does this mean that I can forget about Project Fear and go back to examining the runes in preparation for my next amazingly accurate attendance prediction?

• Oh and yes. Definitely great news and well deserved

• Only once Bryn Morris is back and Dom Gape hasn't left for Liverpool @bookertease

• When I saw the title of thread, I was dreading a classic Gasroom 'pull back and reveal' gag of him going back to Notts County.
    It's a deal that makes sense for both parties, Thompson can hardly be considered an establish player but has done well enough to be offered decent terms with some very effective performances as a deep-lying midfielder. In the context of many loan players leaving and not necessarily being replaced, this will be a timely boost for us.

• @ChasHarps said:
    In my opinion his performances have been far more impressive than Gape's in recent months.

Agreed. Take the money for Dom, £100k + sell on would be good business.

• Personally think he has been the standout midfielder for us this season. Great news.

• Great news. He’s got a wonderful mix of grit and skill and puts both to good use.

• Really enjoyed the honest interview with GA too, where he talks Curtis but also mentions that he is doing his best to get some of the loanees back. Realistically, I can see Fred and Williams coming back (Fred on a permanent, Randell on loan). He also said he has other targets so hopefully another Gaz / Dobbo rough diamond or two.

• Never was a hyphen more important in a thread title.