Skip to content

Kortney Hause- signing for Villa.

Looks like he is about to sign for Villa. Let's hope we had a good sell on clause , when he was sold to Wolves.

Comments

• Hopefully for a fairly high fee, as we certainly need the money - as confirmed by Gaz in his last tweet!

• Looks like fee in the region of 2 million from what I read. I was told a while ago we sold him for only 25k but with a large sell on fee.

• 2m sounds disappointing low these days doesn't it!
    But say we had a deal of 10% of the profit, we wouldn't knock even say 150-175k

• @Aok84 One of the national papers (I can't remember which) claimed it was £150k. No idea if that's correct or not.

• I would imagine it would be 25% similar to the Ibe deal, which would be a healthy amount

• edited January 2019

We didn’t get 25 per cent of Ibe transfer - more like half that. No reason why Hause percentage may not be more or less than Ibe.

• 15 sounds more realistic

• Looking at the 2017 accounts, we received transfer revenue of £1807500. Ibe sold for a reported £15m.

Assuming all the transfer revenue related to Ibe and that the initial fee from us to Liverpool was no more than 500k, that would mean that the maximum the sell on could have been was 12.5%. (1807500/(15,000,000-500,000).

if anyone else was sold for a fee that year, it may have been less, perhaps 10%.

• @DevC said:
    Looking at the 2017 accounts, we received transfer revenue of £1807500. Ibe sold for a reported £15m.

Assuming all the transfer revenue related to Ibe and that the initial fee from us to Liverpool was no more than 500k, that would mean that the maximum the sell on could have been was 12.5%. (1807500/(15,000,000-500,000).

if anyone else was sold for a fee that year, it may have been less, perhaps 10%.

Are you sure that we were not paid in instalments and part of the Ibe payment dropped into the following accounting year?

• Did we really receive nearly £2 million in transfer fees in 2017?

• In accounting terms, the receipt is recognised in the P+L when the right is established not when the cash is received, Ewan. Even if some of the cash was not received until the following accounting year, it still hits the P+L in 16/17 and shows as a debt at June 17 on the balance sheet. As it happens there was negligible transfer receipts in 17/18 anyway.

Yes Micra - well in the accounting year from 1/7/16 to 30/6/17 anyway.

• And presumably the vast majority of that was used to clear debts (but by no means all of them).

• @micra said:
    And presumably the vast majority of that was used to clear debts (but by no means all of them).

Hayes had first dibs on that up to what he was owed as part of the trust buying the club.

• Has anyone got Andy Harman's number still?

• The Trust has his telephone number blocked!

• Aston Villa face competition from West Brom for Kortney Hause now

• Good, a bidding war will only help matters for us.

• 'Villa were aiming to sign Hause for £2 million, but Wolves want far more money than that for the centre-back, and West Brom may be more willing to pay it.'

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/04/report-west-bromwich-albion-could-frustrate-aston-villa-over-kor/

• Was gonna say! 2m sounds peanuts for a championship level young defender. Get tha t fee up west brom!

• His relatively few appearances over the past 2-3 years probably limit how much clubs are prepared to bid but fingers crossed for a vigorous bidding war.

• Young and English normally adds a completely unjustified amount on though.

Let's hope so when this reaches its conclusion!

• I see that Kortney Hause has gone to Aston Villa on loan until June with a possible transfer to follow. No chance of any sell-on clause then in the short term.

• Just have to hope he has an absolutely blinding loan spell so that Villa are desperate to have him and Wolves up their asking price.

• I expect the purchase price has already been agreed, in the event that Villa exercise their option to buy.

• Indeed. Presumably around £25m if we use the quoted Donacien fee as a benchmark.

• @YorkExile: draw the curtains, your irony is showing.

• Wolves valuation was stated to be £3 million.

• Sorry @micra, quite indecent of me.

• How long ago did we sell him to wolves? Is there a shelf life on the sell on fee?