Skip to content

First of the New Year: Coventry at Home - Match 26 - Tuesday 1st Jan 2018 - Attendance Prophecies

First here is the link to the spreadsheet for the Coventry game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xc1eiXpNrPPwO3SZh66AJGIyQ3QHzT3UQFuvXPIabFk/edit?usp=sharing

I do occasionally make errors and omissions when transferring the data so it is worth checking. I would rather it was correct and don't mind making corrections.

I have an opinion that this will be hard to predict. Our record against Coventry might make us determined to savour a win, I know I feel less sorry for them than I used. They are likely to bring a large crowd (900 sold on Christmas Eve). Our recent record at home is good except for the one game against the other bogey side from south London.

So I say:

5846 with 1593 well behaved future persons of culture.

May your prophecies prosper in 2019. Up the Blues with two colours.

Comments

• 6072 with 1442 Coventry City fans

• 5983 with 1494 Coventry supporters wishing us a Happy New Year!

• 6,189 with 1,305 Coventry.

• 6007 with 1387 Sky Blues

• 6008 with 1520 away

• 5909 with 1532 from Coventry.

• 6006 including 1499 Lady Godivas'

• Surely @railwaysteve the gate against AFC exceeded all expectations? A Saturday game three days before Christmas would normally attract one of the lowest gates of the season by quite a margin. The “4 guests for a fiver each” clearly worked well and many of the hundred or two guests appeared to have brought a significant number of children, many of whom, with the current pricing structure, would have got in free.

Having said that, I expect Tuesday’s gate to be similar to the Wimbledon gate and I’m going for 6000, including 1500 from the Cathedral City. I hope they go home cheesed off (Ho ho).

• Quite a cluster for this one - I’ve just looked back after posting.

• 5951 with 1289.

• @micra Will they be mature though?

• With a bit of luck they'll crumble under pressure.

• Or get in a right pickle

• Like us @EwanHoosaami, they’ll probably have their share of the extra mature variety.

• 5718 with 1233 sadly deprived of oxford blue.

• 5850 (1350 away)

• 6150 (1258 Sky Blues)

• 5808 with 1489 away

• 5555 with 1331 from Coventry

• 5,769 including 1,313 away

• edited December 2018

5987, 1302

• edited December 2018

16 predictions so far at the tail end of this year:

Welcome back to @WendoverSkyBlue, whose last prediction was for the substantially sub zero game against Coventry at Adams Park 10 months ago.
    I have just checked back and you forecast 4100 with 650 sky blues and the actual was 4087 with 702 supporting Coventry (who probably also remember the temperature).

I hope we do have a 6000+ crowd tomorrow.

To all: after the 16 predictions we say:

Average for Total Crowd: 5926
    Average for Sky Blues 1396

The spreadsheet (link at the top of the thread) is up to date at this point and worth checking if you can see it on your system. I should be able to put up another update before leaving tomorrow at around 12:00. The cut off for the predictions to count is the earliest possible time for the large person to start singing - one hour before kick off - defined for all Wycombe games as 14:02.

Happy New Year for later, and may your forecasting be fine.

• 5988 with 890 from Covuntree

• 6012 - 1234 away

• @railwaysteve said:
    16 predictions so far at the tail end of this year:

Welcome back to @WendoverSkyBlue, whose last prediction was for the substantially sub zero game against Coventry at Adams Park 10 months ago.
    I have just checked back and you forecast 4100 with 650 sky blues and the actual was 4087 with 702 supporting Coventry (who probably also remember the temperature).

We do, it was bloody freezing. One of the coldest games I’ve been to.

Happy New Year to you as well.

• Twas indeed bleddy code

• You sound as if you’ve got a cold @Wendoverman. Fear not, the nutcracker from the North is not due to arrive until tomorrow evening.

• You probably just can't understand my accent @micra. Happy New Year all. Promotions all round.

• 6050 including 1550 from the bombed city

• 5,825 with 1,439 from Cov.