Skip to content

Randell Williams

apparently Brentford, Bristol city and Pompey are interested.....think he is ready for the championship?

Comments

• Yes. He'd do ok in that division

• Maybe in a few seasons. He's good but not at that quality just yet.

• Tend to agree with @thedieharder, he needs to consolidate a little before plunging into the Championship where he may not play much and damages his confidence.

• He's not exactly the first name on the teamsheet for a mid-table league one side. What he does have is a great eye for goal and a powerful shot but he does tend to coast through some games and doesn't help out defensively. If I had to choose who to keep, give me Fred any day of the week.

• No I don’t

• He's 22 today. Still got plenty of time to develop further.

I think Pompey would be a great club for him to join

• I remember GA saying last season how desperate Randell was to play. He referred to the look in his eye pleading to be given a chance. Easy to imagine that. I think he has sometimes flattered to deceive though and I agree with @aloysius that Fred is the one to try to retain. He is physically much stronger and although the same age has considerably more experience. Indeed, I would regard getting Fred on a 2-3 year contract as a coup on a par with the capture of Dominic Gape. Realistically, I suppose the extension of his loan until the end of the season is the best we can hope for.

• It'd be a smart decision for Williams to stay on with us for the rest of the season, not just from a Wycombe fan perspective.

He's definitely not starting for a champ team regularly just yet!

Hope we can keep them all, Fred, Williams, Thompson, Gape and Morris.

Without being greedy!

Out of that lot, maybe Morris is the one we can do without the most at the moment? He's dropped off and not starting over the Thompson-Gape axis.

• Totally agree with you there @Malone.
    What is going on?!

• Depends what they are looking for. Just pace and finishing, maybe. Still not at all convinced by his ability to remain involved throughout the match and he doesn't dribble nearly enough given his pace

• I'd echo the sentiments of @aloysius. He's not a regular here and keeping Fred is the priority, but I'd be more than happy if we also tied Williams down to a longer deal and whilst I don't think he's Championship standard yet, it's possible he could be in 2-3 years time.

• He's a fairly regular starter though isn't it @jonny_king?
    And for the first 6 weeks or so of the season looked one of the few players who had made the step up comfortably.

• @EssexWanderer said:
    Depends what they are looking for. Just pace and finishing, maybe. Still not at all convinced by his ability to remain involved throughout the match and he doesn't dribble nearly enough given his pace

Pace and finishing are quite useful attributes!

• @Malone I guess we could argue about what constitutes a regular starter, but he's had 15 starts, so less than 50% of our games, including just 2 in the last 8 games. He looked good at the start of the season when he was indeed starting games regularly, but as we've improved he's been in and out the side and very rarely played a full 90 minutes. I do like him though.

• @mooneyman said:

@EssexWanderer said:
    Depends what they are looking for. Just pace and finishing, maybe. Still not at all convinced by his ability to remain involved throughout the match and he doesn't dribble nearly enough given his pace

Pace and finishing are quite useful attributes!

Agreed. Badly written. I meant if that's what a team is looking for then he's their man.